Who is online

Users browsing this forum: arkygator, BMOC, Gator Fever, GatorJB, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Leroy Jenkins, MSNbot Media, rogdochar, soflagator and 58 guests

The U is back....

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Site Administrators, Moderator

The U is back....

Postby Gator Fever » Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:01 am

The U is back.... Felony Style.. maybe Golden will get them back in the Championship game after all..

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/sports/hurricanes/miami-hurricanes-linebacker-ramon-buchanan-charged-with-felony-1338283.html
" But understand we are not changing who we are philosophically on offense" - Coach Will Muschamp...
Gator Fever
Bull Gator

Re: The U is back....

Postby Gator Fever » Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:05 am

I would like to know what actually happened however as that Felony Battery on a LEO charge is given out for nothing hardly many times like just walking/pulling away when they go to handcuff you.

" CORAL GABLES — University of Miami starting linebacker Ramon Buchanan was arrested Friday and faces several charges, including felony resisting a police officer with violence, according to court documents.

Hurricanes coach Al Golden announced Monday night that Buchanan has been suspended indefinitely.

"We are aware of Ramon's situation and we are disappointed," Golden said in a statement. "This is out of character for a young man who has been a positive influence in our program. He is contrite and apologetic for the situation and is currently taking the appropriate actions towards resolution ."

The incident occurred in Coconut Grove, minutes from campus, according to a UM source.

Buchanan, 21, was charged with resisting a police officer with violence and battery on a police officer, firefighter or emergency medical care provider, both of which are felonies.

He is believed to be the first UM player arrested since quarterback Robert Marve was charged with two misdemeanors - resisting arrest without violence and criminal mischief - in October 2007 in Coconut Grove after he punched a car mirror and then tried to elude police.

Marve transferred to Purdue in May 2009.

While Randy Shannon was fired as UM coach in November after compiling a 28-22 record over four seasons, he was credited with helping clean up a program that had seen its share of arrests.

Buchanan also is accused of three misdemeanors - disorderly conduct, resisting a police officer without violence and trespassing.

Further details were not available and a Miami police spokesman said an arrest report could not immediately be provided.

Miami resumes spring practice today after taking last week off for spring break.

The arrest comes on the heels of reports that six UM players have been suspended for the 2011 season opener against Maryland for undisclosed reasons.

The six players include Seantrel Henderson, the 6-foot-8, 345-pound freshman All-American who is expected to start at left tackle this fall.

The other five players allegedly suspended are defensive backs Keion Payne and Devont'a Davis, linebacker Kelvin Cain, running back Storm Johnson and defensive lineman Dyron Dye.

Golden has not commented on the suspensions .

A court hearing for Buchanan has been scheduled for 9 a.m. April 18 before Miami-Dade Circuit Judge Jorge Rodriguez-Chomat.

Last season, Buchanan started 10 games and finished fifth on the team with 54 tackles, including eight tackles for a loss, with an interception.

A native of Palm Bay, Buchanan played mostly on special teams as a freshman in 2008 before starting two games as a sophomore in 2009."
" But understand we are not changing who we are philosophically on offense" - Coach Will Muschamp...
Gator Fever
Bull Gator

Postby jereed » Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:09 am

Gator Fever wrote:The U is back.... Felony Style.. maybe Golden will get them back in the Championship game after all..

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/sports/hurricanes/miami-hurricanes-linebacker-ramon-buchanan-charged-with-felony-1338283.html

Seem to remember hearing something about glass houses and stones...
Rebel, take a vacation.
jereed
Head Ball Coach

Postby Gator Fever » Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:12 am

jereed wrote:
Gator Fever wrote:The U is back.... Felony Style.. maybe Golden will get them back in the Championship game after all..

Well heck they hype our misdemeanors more than other teams felonies now. I bet ESPN mentions this less than Jenkins notice to appear for a joint.
Gator Fever
Bull Gator

Postby unofficialgator » Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:34 am

jereed wrote:

word. I mean we had dudes hit girls
unofficialgator
Heisman Gator

Postby Coach9 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:08 am

unofficialgator wrote:
jereed wrote:

Any dude that hit a chick, we tossed. What's your point? Just being an ass?
Coach9
Head Ball Coach

Postby unofficialgator » Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:20 am

my point is that we had kids that misbehaved as well. That's why I followed up the glass house comment. We shouldn't be talking about other schools when we've had Janoris issues, Dunlap issues, Carl Johnson issues, Dt's who slapped girls issues, Brandon Spikes, Chris Rainey issues ETC... They got disciplined, but so is this UM linebacker. I'm not defending what this guy did, I'm saying we ought not to be pointing fingers when we've been acting up as well.
unofficialgator
Heisman Gator

Postby soflagator » Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:32 am

unofficialgator wrote:
jereed wrote:

None of which were suspended indefinitely, ie.given the possibility of return.

Rickerson was gone within hours. Tauren Charles never played for us again. Neither did Atkins.

Ftr, I don't disagree with jereed's sentiment.
soflagator
Bull Gator

Postby oxrageous » Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:37 am

unofficialgator wrote:my point is that we had kids that misbehaved as well. That's why I followed up the glass house comment. We shouldn't be talking about other schools when we've had Janoris issues, Dunlap issues, Carl Johnson issues, Dt's who slapped girls issues, Brandon Spikes, Chris Rainey issues ETC... They got disciplined, but so is this UM linebacker. I'm not defending what this guy did, I'm saying we ought not to be pointing fingers when we've been acting up as well.

If fans didn't act hypocritical and bag on rival teams, then what fun is it to be a fan? Let people have their fun.
oxrageous

Postby unofficialgator » Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:41 am

oxrageous wrote:
unofficialgator wrote:my point is that we had kids that misbehaved as well. That's why I followed up the glass house comment. We shouldn't be talking about other schools when we've had Janoris issues, Dunlap issues, Carl Johnson issues, Dt's who slapped girls issues, Brandon Spikes, Chris Rainey issues ETC... They got disciplined, but so is this UM linebacker. I'm not defending what this guy did, I'm saying we ought not to be pointing fingers when we've been acting up as well.

If fans didn't act hypocritical and bag on rival teams, then what fun is it to be a fan? Let people have their fun.

No.
unofficialgator
Heisman Gator

Postby Gator Fever » Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:18 pm

He is probably done. It just said on the radio he head butted the cop and spit on him also during the arrest.
Gator Fever
Bull Gator

Postby Gator Fever » Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:22 pm

To me it depends on what the kid actually did and past issues. I think Florida for the most part kicked the ones off the team that needed to hit the road but I will always argue someone like Jenkins should get in house discipline despite 2 arrests/citations due to what the arrests/citations were for - running from a cop and having a joint. Imo a kids life shouldn't be ruined over that.
Gator Fever
Bull Gator

Postby g8trs99 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:41 pm

Funny how Coach Shannon is gone and now the trouble begins. Maybe it was swept under the rug for the last few years. He was always happy to say he had a spotless record. I could never really believe he had 90+ young men in Miami for five years and no arrests like he claimed.
g8trs99
True Gator

Postby Ringer » Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:48 pm

Cop should have shot him, I would have.

"Because in 2007, we learned that at their best, Florida is better than Ohio State. Yesterday we learned that at their worst, Florida is still better than Ohio State."
Ringer
Head Ball Coach

Postby unofficialgator » Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:11 pm

sportschat wrote:Cop should have shot him, I would have.

roifllzlzlzz hahahaahh
unofficialgator
Heisman Gator

Postby BSJGator » Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:58 pm

Gator Fever wrote:I would like to know what actually happened however as that Felony Battery on a LEO charge is given out for nothing hardly many times like just walking/pulling away when they go to handcuff you.

" CORAL GABLES — University of Miami starting linebacker Ramon Buchanan was arrested Friday and faces several charges, including felony resisting a police officer with violence, according to court documents.

Buchanan, 21, was charged with resisting a police officer with violence and battery on a police officer, firefighter or emergency medical care provider, both of which are felonies.

Generally what happens in such situations is the kid tries to pull away from the cop who is trying to cuff him (that's the resisting part). Violence is related to Battery which is "wrongful touching" and can be precipitated simply by putting your hand on someone (seriously...)
BSJGator
Heisman Gator

Postby law98gator » Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:54 pm

BSJGator wrote: Generally what happens in such situations is the kid tries to pull away from the cop who is trying to cuff him (that's the resisting part). Violence is related to Battery which is "wrongful touching" and can be precipitated simply by putting your hand on someone (seriously...)
Uhhh....no... just pulling away isn't going to land you two felony charges. That's perhaps a very low level resisting and most magistrates wouldn't issue a felony for that. I've NEVER heard of a magistrate issuing a battery (even a misdemeanor) for that.

By far the most common battery on an officer is hitting, kicking, or biting the officer. Spitting also qualifies as a battery but I'd have trouble arguing it as a felony.
ufgator812. wrote:Fvck Richt, Herschel, Will Muschamp, Larry Munson, Lindsey Scott (fvck him twice), Vince Dooley ... Yes, Fvck them all.

divits888 wrote:
Bammer wrote:Isn't government intrusion your flavor du jour, divits?
Isn’t every flavor ever known to man your flavor du jour?
law98gator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby Gator Fever » Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:54 pm

law98gator wrote:
BSJGator wrote: Generally what happens in such situations is the kid tries to pull away from the cop who is trying to cuff him (that's the resisting part). Violence is related to Battery which is "wrongful touching" and can be precipitated simply by putting your hand on someone (seriously...)
Uhhh....no... just pulling away isn't going to land you two felony charges. That's perhaps a very low level resisting and most magistrates wouldn't issue a felony for that. I've NEVER heard of a magistrate issuing a battery (even a misdemeanor) for that.

By far the most common battery on an officer is hitting, kicking, or biting the officer. Spitting also qualifies as a battery but I'd have trouble arguing it as a felony.

Yes it can and does all the time. Resisting with Violence and Battery on a LEO are both third degree felonies and the cops will charge it for putting your hand on them and for pulling away. Usually the state will offer a plea on a lesser charge later however.
Gator Fever
Bull Gator

Return to Gatorsports Forum