Who is online

Users browsing this forum: arkygator, BMOC, Gator Fever, GatorJB, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Leroy Jenkins, MSNbot Media, rogdochar, soflagator and 57 guests

BSPN is starting the hype machine....

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Site Administrators, Moderator

BSPN is starting the hype machine....

Postby TheGr8138 » Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:15 am

Got a ton of Calculus homework to catch up on and I got the tv turned on SC. They have no shame whatsoever. They are furiously hyping Teo for the heisman and ND '12 and the greatest thing since sliced bread- Manziel, Lee, Klein and the SEC be damned. While I agree that Teo is a special player, IMO not the most outstanding. Of the admittedly small amount of ND highlights I have watched I have not seen him single-handedly take a game over defensively (see Suh for a definitive example). And I dont see ND running up and down the field converting 3rd downs as extensively vs UF, LSU, or ua defenses like they did against the condoms. Had to vent. I get sick of the BSPN hype machine sometimes.
TheGr8138
Baby Gator

Re: BSPN is starting the hype machine....

Postby StreetFightingGator » Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:32 am

I've never seen ESPN hype a team like they are doing for ND. They even sent a reporter to a South Bend bar! All the more reason why I want to see Saban destroy them!
StreetFightingGator
Heisman Gator

Postby Wait ’til next year » Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:36 am

You're young... with age comes wisdom... once you stop watching that pile of donkey manure, you'll be a better human being!
Last edited by Wait ’til next year on Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
"When the people fear their government, there is TYRANNY; when the government fears the people, there is LIBERTY" -- Thomas Jefferson
Wait ’til next year
Heisman Gator

Postby SavannahGator » Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:36 am

StreetFightingGator wrote:I've never seen ESPN hype a team like they are doing for ND. They even sent a reporter to a South Bend bar! All the more reason why I want to see Saban destroy them!

The folks here in Jawja have a different opinion as to who will face the Irish for the title.
"A life is not important - except in the impact it has on other lives" . . . Jackie Robinson
SavannahGator
Head Ball Coach

Postby ufgator812. » Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:37 am

TheGr8138 wrote:Got a ton of Calculus homework to catch up on and I got the tv turned on SC. They have no shame whatsoever. They are furiously hyping Teo for the heisman and ND '12 and the greatest thing since sliced bread- Manziel, Lee, Klein and the SEC be damned. While I agree that Teo is a special player, IMO not the most outstanding. Of the admittedly small amount of ND highlights I have watched I have not seen him single-handedly take a game over defensively (see Suh for a definitive example). And I dont see ND running up and down the field converting 3rd downs as extensively vs UF, LSU, or ua defenses like they did against the condoms. Had to vent. I get sick of the BSPN hype machine sometimes.

Teo is good, but not even the best defensive player in the country, let alone the Heisman front-runner.
"Victory at all cost. Victory in spite of all terror. Victory no matter how long and how hard the road may be; for without victory there is no survival." --Winston Churchill
May 13, 1940 GOD BLESS
ufgator812.
Heisman Gator

Postby Quasimodo » Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:57 am

If Te'o wins he deserves it. Personally, I think his impact was just as much, if not more than Suh's. Defensive players don't get enough Heisman hype as it is, so it's about time somebody started paying attention.
"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds."
Quasimodo
Head Ball Coach

Postby WestSideGata » Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:18 am

COme on people, let's not forget that ESPN did the same for our mighty Gators the last three years we were blessed with Tebow. Teo is the story of the hour and they are going to play it up as much as possible. What will be funny is when Bama smashes them. It sucks that we have no chance, but again 11 - 1, nobody saw that. Let's kick some serious butt in the bowl game, and then this is the beginning of Champo's long run and multiple NC's.
WestSideGata
True Gator

Postby tillsb » Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:05 am

I don't think Teo is the best player but he will probably win the Heisman. I really don't care though
tillsb
Heisman Gator

Postby TN G8tr » Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:39 am

Give him the Heisman. Then that will doom the Irish. Is Wuerffel the last Heisman winner to win a NC in the same season?
"Wake her *** up, we got a game to play."
TN G8tr
Bull Gator

Postby Mr2Bits » Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:46 am

TheGr8138 wrote:Got a ton of Calculus homework to catch up on and I got the tv turned on SC. They have no shame whatsoever. They are furiously hyping Teo for the heisman and ND '12 and the greatest thing since sliced bread- Manziel, Lee, Klein and the SEC be damned. While I agree that Teo is a special player, IMO not the most outstanding. Of the admittedly small amount of ND highlights I have watched I have not seen him single-handedly take a game over defensively (see Suh for a definitive example). And I dont see ND running up and down the field converting 3rd downs as extensively vs UF, LSU, or ua defenses like they did against the condoms. Had to vent. I get sick of the BSPN hype machine sometimes.

They should hype the refs for Heisman that called the pass interference on Pitt that allowed them to tie the game and give them the Lou Groza award for seeing the two ND players with the same number on the field during Pitts game winning field goal yet not throw a flag
Why drive when you can fly!
Mr2Bits
Heisman Gator

Postby Gator-DNA » Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:50 am

TN G8tr wrote:Give him the Heisman. Then that will doom the Irish. Is Wuerffel the last Heisman winner to win a NC in the same season?

You'd have to go all the way back to 2010, when Scam Newton won it.
Gator-DNA
Senior Gator

Postby TommyGator » Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:59 am

My TV has an "off" switch. I'll bet yours does, too!

Talking heads.... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
"The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools" Herbert Spenser
TommyGator
Heisman Gator

Postby law98gator » Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:33 am

SavannahGator wrote:
StreetFightingGator wrote:I've never seen ESPN hype a team like they are doing for ND. They even sent a reporter to a South Bend bar! All the more reason why I want to see Saban destroy them!

The folks here in Jawja have a different opinion as to who will face the Irish for the title.

I have faith in Richt's proven track record of sustained mediocrity.
ufgator812. wrote:Fvck Richt, Herschel, Will Muschamp, Larry Munson, Lindsey Scott (fvck him twice), Vince Dooley ... Yes, Fvck them all.

divits888 wrote:
Bammer wrote:Isn't government intrusion your flavor du jour, divits?
Isn’t every flavor ever known to man your flavor du jour?
law98gator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby FSOGATOR » Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:43 am

ufgator812. wrote:

Teo is good, but not even the best defensive player in the country, let alone the Heisman front-runner.

yep. that's probably jones or clowney
FSOGATOR
True Gator

Return to Gatorsports Forum