Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 8 guests

Obama and the copper thieves!

This forum is dedicated to any and all discussions about politics.

Moderators: Moderator, Site Administrators

Obama and the copper thieves!

Postby MotownGator » Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:01 pm

Kinda like the Alibaba story from the Arabian Nights.
Copper wire thieves have left a 33 mile stretch of I-95 in Palm Beach County in the dark.

More than 175,000 feet of copper wiring needed for the overhead lighting has been stolen from 18 sites in the last four to six months. Last week, West Palm Beach police last week urged motorists to call them or the Florida Highway Patrol if they see vehicle stopped near light poles.

http://miami.cbslocal.com/2011/08/29/co ... -the-dark/
MotownGator
Head Ball Coach

Re: Obama and the copper thieves!

Postby Bammer » Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:16 pm

I blame Obama. I hate that man.
Bammer
Bull Gator

Postby MotownGator » Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:22 pm

Bammer wrote:I blame Obama. I hate that man.

He Big Dummy!!

Obama does look a little like Lamont and Jeremiah Wright looks like Fred Sanford.
MotownGator
Head Ball Coach

Postby L-Boy » Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:37 pm

MotownGator wrote:Kinda like the Alibaba story from the Arabian Nights.
Copper wire thieves have left a 33 mile stretch of I-95 in Palm Beach County in the dark.

More than 175,000 feet of copper wiring needed for the overhead lighting has been stolen from 18 sites in the last four to six months. Last week, West Palm Beach police last week urged motorists to call them or the Florida Highway Patrol if they see vehicle stopped near light poles.

My wife works for a small A/C and refridgeration installation company. They do work for the school districts, and people will go and steal the copper out of the A/C unit, rendering it useless. They have proposed putting security on it to make it more difficult, but the school district won't do it because of budget issues. So I guess that means more A/C unit replacement business, at a greater costs, as more of these units get stolen.
L-Boy
Gatorsports Legend

Postby Uncle rob » Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:44 pm

We should start stringing people up with the wire that they steal.
Uncle rob
True Gator

Postby DetroitGator » Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:09 pm

L-Boy wrote:

My wife works for a small A/C and refridgeration installation company. They do work for the school districts, and people will go and steal the copper out of the A/C unit, rendering it useless. They have proposed putting security on it to make it more difficult, but the school district won't do it because of budget issues. So I guess that means more A/C unit replacement business, at a greater costs, as more of these units get stolen.

In the "small world" department, any chance the company is "Atlantic Service & Supply?"
DetroitGator
Bull Gator

Postby L-Boy » Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:21 pm

DetroitGator wrote:
L-Boy wrote:

In the "small world" department, any chance the company is "Atlantic Service & Supply?"

No, we are talking local where we live here in TX, only 10-15 employees, and it has only been around for several years.
L-Boy
Gatorsports Legend

Postby DetroitGator » Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:56 pm

L-Boy wrote:
DetroitGator wrote:
L-Boy wrote:

No, we are talking local where we live here in TX, only 10-15 employees, and it has only been around for several years.

Just thought I'd ask... a General I worked for runs Atlantic Service & Supply in Fort Worth.... they live in Aledo now and I try to stop in there once or twice a year to eat their food! ;)
DetroitGator
Bull Gator

Postby L-Boy » Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:23 pm

DetroitGator wrote:
L-Boy wrote:
DetroitGator wrote:
L-Boy wrote:

Just thought I'd ask... a General I worked for runs Atlantic Service & Supply in Fort Worth.... they live in Aledo now and I try to stop in there once or twice a year to eat their food! ;)

No, my wife'e employer is a guy (and wife) we have known for years, he was a refrigeration tech that decided to go off on his own. A few years ago, he actually wanted me to go in with him, but I didn't bite. However, my wife did go to work for him as their part time controller. Its been an up and down ride, but they are starting to look profitable, and down the road his business actually could be worth a nice sum. Apparently the guy is a whiz at refrigeration, and now some of the top techs in the area are gravitating to his company. My wife has definitely helped keep them afloat juggling the finances...

If you are ever in Fort Worth, look me up, I work in downtown Fort Worth.
L-Boy
Gatorsports Legend

Return to Politics