Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

Simpson-Bowles updated

This forum is dedicated to any and all discussions about politics.

Moderators: Site Administrators, Moderator

Re: Simpson-Bowles updated

Postby L-Boy » Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:53 pm

diehardg8r wrote:I understand that the cuts are going to put mental health services in a bind as well. So I guess we should hold on for the next qwack to go on a shooting spree. Then we can blame the NRA for that one.

Thousands of Americans living with mental illnesses could go untreated. The sequester would result in a $275 million cut to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration and the Mental Health Block Grant program, which help Americans access the mental health care they need. That means that up to 373,000 “seriously mentally ill adults and seriously emotionally disturbed children” may be forced to go without the treatment they rely on, which could lead to an uptick in hospitalizations. And an estimated 8,900 homeless people with mental illnesses may not be able to receive the kind of support — including outreach, treatment, and housing assistance — that is critical to helping their recovery process.


So if you don't like any of these cuts - of roughly 100 billion a year, exactly how did you think we were going to cut 1 trillion to balance the budget? :lol:

GSMB, meet the typical american wanna be conservative. He is Diehard Gator.
User avatar
L-Boy
Gatorsports Legend
 
Posts: 11453
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:31 pm

Re: Simpson-Bowles updated

Postby diehardg8r » Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:15 pm

Most of what I see on this are people who have always been at odds with me just getting in some shots. That's fine and I dont necessarily oppose the cuts L-boy. As I have said numerous times, my family will be just fine. But I think it's time to bring to light exactly what the consequences of having TOO much govt are. It cant be sustained, so know we have to watch people who have been so dependent on big govt suffer and point fingers.

If anything it's a testimony to what myself and others have been saying ALL along, big govt is a bad idea. I guess you think we should go ahead with obamacare in spite of all this because "they" told you it would be budget neutral and you believe it?
Last edited by diehardg8r on Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality.” Dante
diehardg8r
Bull Gator
 
Posts: 6588
Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:55 pm

Re: Simpson-Bowles updated

Postby diehardg8r » Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:20 pm

Bammer wrote:
DetroitGator wrote:
Bammer wrote:By the way, the next productive TSA worker I see will be the first. You could layoff 70% of them and I wouldn't notice a difference. They're all usually just standing around doing a lot of nothing.

But hey, you go ahead and keep supporting more government. Who is going to pay for it, diehard?!

You really have no idea how much I'm enjoying being more conservative that you on a topic you liberal, big government ass.


As I've said, I play a game at every airport... Count TSA people, multiply by $100,000/yr in pay/benifits... At my local airport, it usually goes like this... I can "see" 12 on shift. That means 15-20 on shift. Muliply that number by 3.5 to cover all shifts/vacations/sick days/holidays/comp time/(what am i missing that govt workers get?)/TRAINING DAYS (thats for shadows benefit), now multiply by $100,000. Thats how much just for little ole PNS per year.

If the worst you can tell me about seauestration is that we are going to ground the Blue Angels and a lot of people are going to have to take, gasp, unpaid time off but still have jobs, I say bring it.

Surprise surprise. We're on the same page.

If they don't like it, they can go find jobs in the private sector.


Maybe they can get jobs as teachers and work 9 months a year but get paid for 12 and keep all these govt perks? Or a better idea would be to unionize, that would really fk up ol Barry.
The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality.” Dante
diehardg8r
Bull Gator
 
Posts: 6588
Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:55 pm

Re: Simpson-Bowles updated

Postby L-Boy » Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:54 pm

diehardg8r wrote:
Bammer wrote:
DetroitGator wrote:
Bammer wrote:By the way, the next productive TSA worker I see will be the first. You could layoff 70% of them and I wouldn't notice a difference. They're all usually just standing around doing a lot of nothing.

But hey, you go ahead and keep supporting more government. Who is going to pay for it, diehard?!

You really have no idea how much I'm enjoying being more conservative that you on a topic you liberal, big government ass.


As I've said, I play a game at every airport... Count TSA people, multiply by $100,000/yr in pay/benifits... At my local airport, it usually goes like this... I can "see" 12 on shift. That means 15-20 on shift. Muliply that number by 3.5 to cover all shifts/vacations/sick days/holidays/comp time/(what am i missing that govt workers get?)/TRAINING DAYS (thats for shadows benefit), now multiply by $100,000. Thats how much just for little ole PNS per year.

If the worst you can tell me about seauestration is that we are going to ground the Blue Angels and a lot of people are going to have to take, gasp, unpaid time off but still have jobs, I say bring it.

Surprise surprise. We're on the same page.

If they don't like it, they can go find jobs in the private sector.


Maybe they can get jobs as teachers and work 9 months a year but get paid for 12 and keep all these govt perks? Or a better idea would be to unionize, that would really fk up ol Barry.



So we are lucky to be paying for your wife, a government paid lawyer, but teachers are scum.

Dude, you are priceless.
User avatar
L-Boy
Gatorsports Legend
 
Posts: 11453
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:31 pm

Re: Simpson-Bowles updated

Postby Bammer » Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:43 am

I am getting a few shots in, but you've opened the door wide open and continue to leave it open. Your blatant hypocrisy is something else. Government=bad, except for that government leech you call "honey"

Don't you get it? This is what I find hysterical about you and the other moronic conservatives who demand cuts, yet get up in arms when those cuts impact their lives. Don't touch medicare. Don't touch the dept of defense. Don't touch my social security. What exactly would you like for us to cut? We can cut all government welfare and all foriegn aid and we'll still run massive deficits.

Pick a side. You either want big government (and your wife's paycheck) or you want small government (and your wife can get a real job). Now go ahead and educate me on how she has a real job. It's a tacit admission that you think government serves a useful purpose.

This is absolutely ridiculous. You're either too stupid to see that you're completely outmatched or you're going into battle full-steam knowing that your frigates don't stand a chance of surviving. You're getting blown to smitherines and yes, I'm quite enjoying it.
User avatar
Bammer
Bull Gator
 
Posts: 8885
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:58 pm

Re: Simpson-Bowles updated

Postby diehardg8r » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:59 pm

You can continue with the name calling and insult all you want. It reflects on you more than me. I have the knowledge of exactly what she does daily, you don't, so to sit here and talk about her getting a real job is comical. You act as if no one working for the govt has a real job. Is that your position a-hole? How about federal prosecutors and US. Marshalls, should they get real jobs? I've never said that govt couldn't serve a useful purpose...never.

As for L-boys claims that I think teachers are scum, he can't comment on a post without misrepresenting something I said. All of the complaints that you had about the TSA and what it costs to have them, all apply to teachers as well. I just pointed that out so I don't know how L-boy decides who is being called scum and who isn't. I guess TSA is scum and teachers aren't, according to him.

Do you know anyone cheering on govt cuts that directly effect them in a negative way? I'm sure that there are plenty of "moronic liberals" getting ready to suffer the same fate that aren't cheering it on.

Finally, this sequestration has NOTHING to do with cutting the deficit or reducing the size of govt. It's a political power play which is exactly why Obama called in the Gov to inform them of the cuts that will happen in their states and to let them know that he won't be the one taking the blame for it..they will. It scare tactic politics by Obama in order to grow the govt even larger than it is now and you are seemingly cheering it on so whose the moron. You are being duped and are to busy razzing me to notice it. Keep an eye on you 401k there partner, that will be next.
The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality.” Dante
diehardg8r
Bull Gator
 
Posts: 6588
Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:55 pm

Re: Simpson-Bowles updated

Postby diehardg8r » Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:06 pm

L-Boy wrote:
diehardg8r wrote:
Bammer wrote:
DetroitGator wrote:
Bammer wrote:By the way, the next productive TSA worker I see will be the first. You could layoff 70% of them and I wouldn't notice a difference. They're all usually just standing around doing a lot of nothing.

But hey, you go ahead and keep supporting more government. Who is going to pay for it, diehard?!

You really have no idea how much I'm enjoying being more conservative that you on a topic you liberal, big government ass.


As I've said, I play a game at every airport... Count TSA people, multiply by $100,000/yr in pay/benifits... At my local airport, it usually goes like this... I can "see" 12 on shift. That means 15-20 on shift. Muliply that number by 3.5 to cover all shifts/vacations/sick days/holidays/comp time/(what am i missing that govt workers get?)/TRAINING DAYS (thats for shadows benefit), now multiply by $100,000. Thats how much just for little ole PNS per year.

If the worst you can tell me about seauestration is that we are going to ground the Blue Angels and a lot of people are going to have to take, gasp, unpaid time off but still have jobs, I say bring it.

Surprise surprise. We're on the same page.

If they don't like it, they can go find jobs in the private sector.


Maybe they can get jobs as teachers and work 9 months a year but get paid for 12 and keep all these govt perks? Or a better idea would be to unionize, that would really fk up ol Barry.



So we are lucky to be paying for your wife, a government paid lawyer, but teachers are scum.

Dude, you are priceless.

Last time I checked, Eric Holder is also a govt paid lawyer and you helped re-elect the person that appointed him. She's costing you a helluvalot less money than he is I can promise you. I have plenty of company in my so called hypocrisy.
The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality.” Dante
diehardg8r
Bull Gator
 
Posts: 6588
Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:55 pm

Re: Simpson-Bowles updated

Postby catsigator » Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:14 pm

diehardg8r wrote:
L-Boy wrote:
diehardg8r wrote:
Bammer wrote:
DetroitGator wrote:
Bammer wrote:By the way, the next productive TSA worker I see will be the first. You could layoff 70% of them and I wouldn't notice a difference. They're all usually just standing around doing a lot of nothing.

But hey, you go ahead and keep supporting more government. Who is going to pay for it, diehard?!

You really have no idea how much I'm enjoying being more conservative that you on a topic you liberal, big government ass.


As I've said, I play a game at every airport... Count TSA people, multiply by $100,000/yr in pay/benifits... At my local airport, it usually goes like this... I can "see" 12 on shift. That means 15-20 on shift. Muliply that number by 3.5 to cover all shifts/vacations/sick days/holidays/comp time/(what am i missing that govt workers get?)/TRAINING DAYS (thats for shadows benefit), now multiply by $100,000. Thats how much just for little ole PNS per year.

If the worst you can tell me about seauestration is that we are going to ground the Blue Angels and a lot of people are going to have to take, gasp, unpaid time off but still have jobs, I say bring it.

Surprise surprise. We're on the same page.

If they don't like it, they can go find jobs in the private sector.


Maybe they can get jobs as teachers and work 9 months a year but get paid for 12 and keep all these govt perks? Or a better idea would be to unionize, that would really fk up ol Barry.



So we are lucky to be paying for your wife, a government paid lawyer, but teachers are scum.

Dude, you are priceless.

Last time I checked, Eric Holder is also a govt paid lawyer and you helped re-elect the person that appointed him. She's costing you a helluvalot less money than he is I can promise you. I have plenty of company in my so called hypocrisy.

The truth is, in order to make the cuts we need to make, it's not just wastrels and dead weight that will have to go, but also departments and services that nearly everyone perceives to be of value.

Pity if that includes your wife, but it may be necessary.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
"'All things are lawful,' but not all things are helpful."
User avatar
catsigator
Head Ball Coach
 
Posts: 3229
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:58 pm
Location: Cheyenne, WY

Re: Simpson-Bowles updated

Postby diehardg8r » Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:20 pm

She's not losing her job and I don't think the dept she works in will be shutting down anytime soon, unless the Navy decides they don't need there engineering dept anymore.
The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality.” Dante
diehardg8r
Bull Gator
 
Posts: 6588
Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:55 pm

Re: Simpson-Bowles updated

Postby catsigator » Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:07 pm

diehardg8r wrote:She's not losing her job and I don't think the dept she works in will be shutting down anytime soon, unless the Navy decides they don't need there engineering dept anymore.

So why all the angst at the other posters?
------------------------------------------------------------------------
"'All things are lawful,' but not all things are helpful."
User avatar
catsigator
Head Ball Coach
 
Posts: 3229
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:58 pm
Location: Cheyenne, WY

Re: Simpson-Bowles updated

Postby vulcan_alex » Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:45 pm

Let's not make it personal, but

"The truth is, in order to make the cuts we need to make, it's not just wastrels and dead weight that will have to go, but also departments and services that nearly everyone perceives to be of value."

Is not the truth, the reductions in proposed increases are so little that I bet good management could take the cost out without much impact on any service that even most would agree to be valuable.

Note valuable means that the good done is worth more than its cost. This is somewhat subjective.
I am a "Vulcan" and try hard to keep things logical and without emotion. However as a "Vulcan" I have a highly emotional reaction mode for special occasions.
UF 1973 Physics
Miami Carol City
Financial Planning / Quality
Tn
vulcan_alex
Bull Gator
 
Posts: 7546
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:02 pm

Re: Simpson-Bowles updated

Postby URGatorBait » Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:27 pm

Did you guys know that there is some 100-115 Billion dollars that was spent in 2012, that the Federal Government isn't entirely sure where it was spent. :eek:

There are 55 programs whose sole purpose is to help people get jobs......and none of them can prove that the people they've "helped" actually got a job because of their services.

There are some 1300 Federal Departments/Agencies/Programs. Of which I'm fairly certain roughly 10% of them can be easily eliminated or combined with other like programs/agencies, and largely do so whilst having minimal effect on overall jobs, and almost no effect on the economy.

The US Federal Government is the epitome of waste, not to mention a magnet for fraud.

If the idiots in the White House would promote and push congress to put forth and pass a bill to allow transfer authority, we could at very least cover the measly 85 Billion dollars in reduction in future growth spending, and largely have minimal effect on the economy. But it's not about actually cutting spending for this White House...it's about getting every last penny of taxation they can get, that will continue wasteful, fraud filled spending that we've done for years.
We are a nation of feel good laws, and feel good programs, and no longer a nation of logical, productive, supportive laws that made this once great nation what it is/was.
Image
User avatar
URGatorBait
Head Ball Coach
 
Posts: 3170
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:44 am

Re: Simpson-Bowles updated

Postby L-Boy » Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:43 pm

diehardg8r wrote:
L-Boy wrote:
diehardg8r wrote:
Bammer wrote:
DetroitGator wrote:
Bammer wrote:By the way, the next productive TSA worker I see will be the first. You could layoff 70% of them and I wouldn't notice a difference. They're all usually just standing around doing a lot of nothing.

But hey, you go ahead and keep supporting more government. Who is going to pay for it, diehard?!

You really have no idea how much I'm enjoying being more conservative that you on a topic you liberal, big government ass.


As I've said, I play a game at every airport... Count TSA people, multiply by $100,000/yr in pay/benifits... At my local airport, it usually goes like this... I can "see" 12 on shift. That means 15-20 on shift. Muliply that number by 3.5 to cover all shifts/vacations/sick days/holidays/comp time/(what am i missing that govt workers get?)/TRAINING DAYS (thats for shadows benefit), now multiply by $100,000. Thats how much just for little ole PNS per year.

If the worst you can tell me about seauestration is that we are going to ground the Blue Angels and a lot of people are going to have to take, gasp, unpaid time off but still have jobs, I say bring it.

Surprise surprise. We're on the same page.

If they don't like it, they can go find jobs in the private sector.


Maybe they can get jobs as teachers and work 9 months a year but get paid for 12 and keep all these govt perks? Or a better idea would be to unionize, that would really fk up ol Barry.



So we are lucky to be paying for your wife, a government paid lawyer, but teachers are scum.

Dude, you are priceless.

Last time I checked, Eric Holder is also a govt paid lawyer and you helped re-elect the person that appointed him. She's costing you a helluvalot less money than he is I can promise you. I have plenty of company in my so called hypocrisy.


I am actually NOT one calling for across the board cuts, and I am not saying anything good nor bad about what your wife does. You are the one calling for cutting government. You call out teachers, most of which do more societal good than you or I will ever do, for a fairly modest compensation.

You just don't get it. Cats is right - most govt spending serves some purpose, and somebody sees some value in it. However, some choices will have to be made, and they will hurt good and hard working people. Some conservatives get that, but many, including some on this board, prefer to view everything as black and white - govt spending that doesn't benefit them is "waste", and the recipients are "lazy", etc.

As to Obama, the sequester was a last minute plan pitched by Biden to try to give the Republicans a way out of the cluster F they got themselves into by threatening to shut the govt down via the debt ceiling. The Republicans willingly and vigorously accepted it, and Boehner said he got 98% of what he wanted and was very pleased after it passed.

Perhaps this process will do some good. Maybe it will make people start to figure out what government spending really is, and who it benefits.
User avatar
L-Boy
Gatorsports Legend
 
Posts: 11453
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:31 pm

Previous

Return to Politics

cron