Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

2015 LB Sherrod Pittman deciding Monday

A forum for ALL Gator recruiting info, as well as recruiting updates of Gator opponents. ONLY RECRUITING-RELATED THREADS ARE ALLOWED!

Moderators: Recruiting Moderator, Moderator, Site Administrators

2015 LB Sherrod Pittman deciding Monday

Postby Zach Abolverdi » Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:40 pm

Monday afternoon update: After working the phones today and speaking with people close to Sherrod and his recruitment, it appears he will pick South Carolina tonight despite Florida being his favorite school and first choice. When he announced Sunday that he was ready to make his decision, I assumed it would be for the Gators like most people. He has visited Gainesville several times and told one of our correspondents at FNL that UF had the edge (see article below). He even wore a Florida shirt to his team meeting this morning.

But I've since been told that he does not have a committable offer from the UF coaches because they are still in the process of evaluating him and their linebacker board for 2015. There's a possibility they could pursue Pittman later on, and I wouldn't be surprised to see him flip to Florida if that becomes the case. But at this time, the staff would not accept his commitment.

http://www.gatorsports.com/article/2013 ... h-Carolina
Follow me on Twitter @ http://twitter.com/ZachAbolverdi
Request me on Facebook @ http://facebook.com/ZachAbolverdi
Zach Abolverdi
GatorSports Writer

Re: 2015 LB Sherrod Pittman deciding Monday

Postby MariettaGator » Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:21 am

6 PM today.
MariettaGator
Senior Gator

Postby gatorJ » Mon Jul 29, 2013 6:41 pm

I read the same elsewhere. They have a handful of LBs ahead of him and want to see him again after this year.
oxrageous wrote:Well you're sure in for a surprise. Peasant.
gatorJ
Head Ball Coach

Postby MariettaGator » Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:05 pm

No offer? WTF? Why would he commit in the first place?
MariettaGator
Senior Gator

Postby BMF » Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:49 pm

MariettaGator wrote:No offer? WTF? Why would he commit in the first place?

Good question. He's on a HS team that is a D1 talent-mill. He probably wanted some attention and saw his other teammates (from his class and the year ahead of him), so he figured he'd join the parade. We landed one of his teammates this past recruiting cycle, a kid who was a senior when Pittman was a sophmore. He's got to look up to him. If he does NOT change his mind I'd be surprised.
BMF
Head Ball Coach

Return to Recruiting Board