Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

Heaviest UF Class Ever?

A forum for ALL Gator recruiting info, as well as recruiting updates of Gator opponents. ONLY RECRUITING-RELATED THREADS ARE ALLOWED!

Moderators: Recruiting Moderator, Site Administrators, Moderator

Heaviest UF Class Ever?

Postby DallasTXGator » Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:25 pm

Eight 2013 recruits are at least 285 lbs. Throw in the two transfers eligible next season, and that’s 10 players over 285.

Trenton Brown 6’8” 350
Roderick Johnson 6’6” 315
Darious Cummings 6’3” 305
Jarran Reed 6’4” 305
Caleb Brantley 6’3” 304
Jaynard Bostwick 6’4” 291
Cameron Dilliard 6’3” 285
Octavius Jackson 6’4” 285
Max Garcia 6’4” 307
Tyler Moore 6’6” 305

Looking at Rivals.com back to 2002, no UF class had more than 7 in this range and some had as few as 3 (scary low). Plus, the running backs are both 216 and most of the WRs and DBs are 190-200 and over 6’0”. We outsized even Alabama this year (they only have 5 jumbo sized recruits), although they have been stockpiling for years.

I remember looking at Alabama’s starters in the 2009 SEC championship game (when the balance of power clearly shifted) and they outweighed the Gators by probably 20 lbs per player from the running backs to the linemen (their linebackers were the size of the Gators DEs). Only the QB and kickers were the same size or larger….
DallasTXGator
Baby Gator

Re: Heaviest UF Class Ever?

Postby Homer J » Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:16 pm

It's taken a few years but Champ is building this team the way he wants it. Gone are the days of 5'8" 165 lbs RBs, WR and CBs.
Homer J
Head Ball Coach

Postby law98gator » Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:18 pm

This is a remarkable class on that front.

I can't wait until they get Dillmaned.
ufgator812. wrote:Fvck Richt, Herschel, Will Muschamp, Larry Munson, Lindsey Scott (fvck him twice), Vince Dooley ... Yes, Fvck them all.

divits888 wrote:
Bammer wrote:Isn't government intrusion your flavor du jour, divits?
Isn’t every flavor ever known to man your flavor du jour?
law98gator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby FunnGun » Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:38 pm

law98gator wrote:This is a remarkable class on that front.

I can't wait until they get Dillmaned.

I knew you would post in in this thread. Lot of kids with missing necks in this class. :cool:
FunnGun
Gatorsports Legend

Postby law98gator » Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:19 pm

:cool: :cool: :cool: Even the smurf of this class, Lane, is my kinda smurf. :cool: He's like super smurf.

Champ went shopping and brought home the beef.
ufgator812. wrote:Fvck Richt, Herschel, Will Muschamp, Larry Munson, Lindsey Scott (fvck him twice), Vince Dooley ... Yes, Fvck them all.

divits888 wrote:
law98gator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby GatorInKnox » Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:44 pm

I'm a big fan of off-season Law
GatorInKnox
Head Ball Coach

Postby WobbleGator » Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:27 am

GatorInKnox wrote:I'm a big fan of off-season Law

Yeah, if only he could let go of his Driskel hate
WobbleGator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby unofficialgator » Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:03 am

WobbleGator wrote:

it isn't hate, its really reasonable. If you have confidence about his game its cause O&B glasses. Nobody looks at our offense and fears the guy. Can he break a few runs? Sure he can, but so could Jordan Reed. Anyways I hope he vastly improves but conventional wisdom says a qb that shows zero signs of improvement over the course of the season isn't going to get miracously alot better in the offseason.

Our schedule is not as difficult as last years, but we haven't improved much. If Driskel was alot better, I'd have alot more confidence.
unofficialgator
Heisman Gator

Postby BMF » Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:49 am

Lane weighs 216lbs? Holy shlt!

Getting two freshman DTs that are true DTs is awesome.....to go along w the 300lb+ JUCO DTs is gold! "It's gold, Jerry! GOLD!"

----
BMF
Head Ball Coach

Postby WobbleGator » Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:11 pm

unofficialgator wrote:
WobbleGator wrote:

it isn't hate, its really reasonable. If you have confidence about his game its cause O&B glasses. Nobody looks at our offense and fears the guy. Can he break a few runs? Sure he can, but so could Jordan Reed. Anyways I hope he vastly improves but conventional wisdom says a qb that shows zero signs of improvement over the course of the season isn't going to get miracously alot better in the offseason.

Our schedule is not as difficult as last years, but we haven't improved much. If Driskel was alot better, I'd have alot more confidence.

It is hate when you come across as hoping we fail just so you can rub it in our faces that Driskel sucks.
WobbleGator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby GatorInKnox » Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:06 pm

WobbleGator wrote:
unofficialgator wrote:
WobbleGator wrote:

It is hate when you come across as hoping we fail just so you can rub it in our faces that Driskel sucks.

Yes. I can also see his potential. He had a completion percent over 60%, and a better than 2:1 TD to INT ratio in his first year starting under a new OC. Does he need to get better? GAWD yes! But I honestly think you'll see improvement this year.

Now back on topic, this is literally a huge class. Throw in the transfers and we're pretty stout.
GatorInKnox
Head Ball Coach

Postby WobbleGator » Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:08 pm

GatorInKnox wrote:
WobbleGator wrote:
unofficialgator wrote:
WobbleGator wrote:

Yes. I can also see his potential. He had a completion percent over 60%, and a better than 2:1 TD to INT ratio in his first year starting under a new OC. Does he need to get better? GAWD yes! But I honestly think you'll see improvement this year.

Now back on topic, this is literally a huge class. Throw in the transfers and we're pretty stout.

Don't you know that every thread is about Driskel? Where have you been? :lol:
WobbleGator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby -THE DUDE- » Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:01 pm

law98gator wrote::cool: :cool: :cool: Even the smurf of this class, Lane, is my kinda smurf. :cool: He's like super smurf.

He's like a freaking bowling ball...easily as wide as he is tall :lol:
-THE DUDE-
Head Ball Coach

Postby GatorsGetGoodAgain » Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:12 pm

DallasTXGator wrote:Eight 2013 recruits are at least 285 lbs. Throw in the two transfers eligible next season, and that’s 10 players over 285.

Trenton Brown 6’8” 350
Roderick Johnson 6’6” 315
Darious Cummings 6’3” 305
Jarran Reed 6’4” 305
Caleb Brantley 6’3” 304
Jaynard Bostwick 6’4” 291
Cameron Dilliard 6’3” 285
Octavius Jackson 6’4” 285
Max Garcia 6’4” 307
Tyler Moore 6’6” 305

Looking at Rivals.com back to 2002, no UF class had more than 7 in this range and some had as few as 3 (scary low). Plus, the running backs are both 216 and most of the WRs and DBs are 190-200 and over 6’0”. We outsized even Alabama this year (they only have 5 jumbo sized recruits), although they have been stockpiling for years.

I remember looking at Alabama’s starters in the 2009 SEC championship game (when the balance of power clearly shifted) and they outweighed the Gators by probably 20 lbs per player from the running backs to the linemen (their linebackers were the size of the Gators DEs). Only the QB and kickers were the same size or larger….

I hope they have the turbo flushers installed on all the football facility toilets.
GatorsGetGoodAgain
Heisman Gator

Postby Alagator » Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:47 pm

law98gator wrote::cool: :cool: :cool: Even the smurf of this class, Lane, is my kinda smurf. :cool: He's like super smurf.

Yeah, the kind that is already bench pressing over 400 lbs as a high school senior! He is bench pressing nearly twice his weight and if I'm not mistaken I think he is squatting over 500 lbs. :holysheep:
Kcgator wrote:
...bite him in his tightly puckered anus.

Soflagator wrote:
"We should really try not sucking for 30+ minutes of each game."
Alagator
Heisman Gator

Postby GatorInKnox » Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:17 pm

WobbleGator wrote:
GatorInKnox wrote:
WobbleGator wrote:
unofficialgator wrote:
WobbleGator wrote:

Now back on topic, Jeff Driskel is the man

Don't you know that every thread is about Driskel? Where have you been? :lol:

Fixed it
GatorInKnox
Head Ball Coach

Postby Gatorphan » Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:50 pm

-THE DUDE- wrote:

He's not tall, but he's no smurf!
"Fundamentals are the crutch of the talentless" - Kenny Powers
Gatorphan
Heisman Gator

Postby nickelbeernight » Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:40 am

Lane = Earnest Graham II
nickelbeernight
Baby Gator

Postby law98gator » Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:36 pm

Gatorphan wrote:
-THE DUDE- wrote:

He's not tall, but he's no smurf!

EXACTLY!!!! I like this guy. It's gonna be hard to bring him down.

divits888 wrote:
law98gator
Gatorsports Legend

Return to Recruiting Board