Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 3 guests

Zack, AFTER Signing Day Wrap-up...

A forum for ALL Gator recruiting info, as well as recruiting updates of Gator opponents. ONLY RECRUITING-RELATED THREADS ARE ALLOWED!

Moderators: Recruiting Moderator, Moderator, Site Administrators

Zack, AFTER Signing Day Wrap-up...

Postby Mr. Eko » Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:03 pm

Unless 4 recruits pick Florida on NSD, I would like to hear the real story behind UF's decisions on Q. Powell and Densen. To me, something is just not logical concerning their UF recruitment.

Believe it or not, I kinda thought Densen might be this year's Dante Fowler (FSU) flip. I also thought Tunsel (for a brief moment) might be a silent as well.

I would also like to know why UF did not jump on some of the other TE's last summer and fall. I would think with Reed leaving (which I heard was a major possibility in October), UF could have signed at least 1.

My prediction is UF has Clark as it's one additional signee...maybe (?) Bostwick. Last week I thought Bostwick, Clark, Reed, and Ramsey would sign with UF. 2 days ago I thought we would snag Bostwick.

I guess we will see.

Again, Zack, thank you for all your hard work. You have easily done the best job in the past 10 years bringing the recruiting info to all us manaics. By now, we all know you have a future doing this. My belief is you are a bit better (right now) than most of your brethren! You have a logical sense to Signing Day which appeals to me personally. Not a small task considering recruiting's inherent sorcery.

GREAT JOB!!

:flag:
Last edited by Mr. Eko on Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mr. Eko
True Gator

Re: Zack, AFTER Signing Day Wrap-up...

Postby alcoholica » Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:42 pm

To me, it sounded like Powell had a problem with competition. He has a valid concern as do many other recruits. It's one thing to go head to head with another person, but it's a different ball game when you have to fight with a group of the same people for all 4 yrs. These kids know that the best opportunity to improve is actual game time. This doesn't diminish coaching and practice, but the 1st string gets more snaps than the 2nd and so on. I like the kids who don't care about the depth chart, but I do understand the ones who have concerns. Don't confuse this with ones who want to be promised PT.

I would have to think that 1 or 2 spots will be held for next year unless the coaches get a must on their board. I can't imagine the staff taking a throw in just to fill a spot. With limited spots next year, the staff may pass on a fair 4* in hopes of a 5* next year.

Just my thoughts. It's hard to build a class when you're dealing with HS kids. Most of whom do not have a very solid support group. As seen with Robinson, his coach was pushing him toward Clemson instead of UF. Robinson manned up and made his own decision. I doubt that's the norm.
alcoholica
Heisman Gator

Postby the-color-blue » Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:03 pm

the late pickup has got to be a juco/off the wall DE... i was thinking stacy thomas from miami for a while but i was just guessing... i never liked denson's feet or powell attitude and rolin's getting healthy or powell gaining weight is the same time frame

the only thing to think on TE is the love the freshman we got last year otherwise it is a bit of a head scratcher

agreed on zach of course.... i feel like i owe him money or something... first born child....a trip to thailand... we should crowd source something??
the-color-blue
Freshman Gator

Postby Mr. Eko » Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:28 am

the-color-blue wrote:the late pickup has got to be a juco/off the wall DE... i was thinking stacy thomas from miami for a while but i was just guessing... i never liked denson's feet or powell attitude and rolin's getting healthy or powell gaining weight is the same time frame

the only thing to think on TE is the love the freshman we got last year otherwise it is a bit of a head scratcher

agreed on zach of course.... i feel like i owe him money or something... first born child....a trip to thailand... we should crowd source something??

Did somebody mention Thailand??!! :D :happy:

law98 told me he won't go to Thailand out of fear he will infect the girls there with STDs. I don't have that fear. STDs yes... fear no. :eek:
Mr. Eko
True Gator

Postby the-color-blue » Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:16 am

Mr. Eko wrote:
the-color-blue wrote:the late pickup has got to be a juco/off the wall DE... i was thinking stacy thomas from miami for a while but i was just guessing... i never liked denson's feet or powell attitude and rolin's getting healthy or powell gaining weight is the same time frame

Did somebody mention Thailand??!! :D :happy:

law98 told me he won't go to Thailand out of fear he will infect the girls there with STDs. I don't have that fear. STDs yes... fear no. :eek:

i fear nothing except vivid memory of said events :lol:
the-color-blue
Freshman Gator

Postby Crisco » Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:16 pm

I agree with the OP on an after NSD wrap-up. The one Zach wrote last year was awesome, even though it was in response to a bunch of people criticizing him.

Also with the OP on Ira Denson. I am still trying to figure out why this staff accepted Octavius Jackson's commitment months ago (no disrespect to him, even though it's kind of disrespecting him) and Denson allegedly doesn't even have an offer but wants to flip. I'd been told the staff just doesn't seem to think that highly of him (who knows if that's accurate) which I guess is fine, they know more than me, but geez, it baffles me.

I could care less about Quinton Powell, best of luck to him elsewhere, only thing that sucks on that end is striking out again at Mainland.
Crisco
True Gator

Return to Recruiting Board