Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

James Clark announces Top 3

A forum for ALL Gator recruiting info, as well as recruiting updates of Gator opponents. ONLY RECRUITING-RELATED THREADS ARE ALLOWED!

Moderators: Recruiting Moderator, Moderator, Site Administrators

Re: James Clark announces Top 3

Postby FunnGun » Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:23 pm

Mr. Eko wrote:
FunnGun wrote:Me too. We don't need him, he's just gravy, but it's damn good gravy. He'll likely have a role next year too. I'm just getting greedy at this point though. :lol:

I don't agree. We might be able to say that after spring practice, but not now. UF's only playmaker (Reed) left for the NFL. Right now, every WR has a chance to start. We need 3 guys who can step up big time. If he has some speed and can run routes well (his skill set), we need him.

I really hope Joker will push Pitman and most likely Purifoy is going to be UF's 3rd down WR simply because he has to.

I think Joker should room with Debose starting in March!!!

I also believe Clark will be UF's only additional signee.

Sorry, didn't mean for that to come across as we are good at the position. We're clearly not and can use all the playmakers we can get. But if Clark didn't sign with us, it wouldn't be the end of world, and we'll do better than okay with this group we have.
FunnGun
Gatorsports Legend

Postby GatorBart » Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:37 pm

the-color-blue wrote:
Mr. Eko wrote:
FunnGun wrote:Me too. We don't need him, he's just gravy, but it's damn good gravy. He'll likely have a role next year too. I'm just getting greedy at this point though. :lol:

I don't agree. We might be able to say that after spring practice, but not now. UF's only playmaker (Reed) left for the NFL. Right now, every WR has a chance to start. We need 3 guys who can step up big time. If he has some speed and can run routes well (his skill set), we need him.

I really hope Joker will push Pitman and most likely Purifoy is going to be UF's 3rd down WR simply because he has to.

+1 on the first paragraph

I respectfully disagree with the first paragraph. I don't think any of the current, younger WRs (Pittman or Andrades), or any of the incoming WRs will beat out Dunbar for the #1 spot. When Dunbar had his chances last season, he caught the ball, broke tackles and scored some nice TDs. I think it's unrealistic to expect that Sophomores or true Freshmen are going to beat out the senior wide-out on the team. With Robinson being an EE, I think he has the best chance to be a starter over all the younger WRs. I also don't see Purifoy making an impact at WR. And I'm looking forward to seeing the progression of Kent Taylor and Colin Thompson at TE.
GatorBart
Head Ball Coach

Postby Vatgator » Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:26 pm

Screw meyer - I wonder if he bad mouths us, especially the offense?
Vatgator
True Gator

Postby the-color-blue » Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:50 pm

GatorBart wrote:
the-color-blue wrote:
Mr. Eko wrote:

+1 on the first paragraph

I respectfully disagree with the first paragraph. I don't think any of the current, younger WRs (Pittman or Andrades), or any of the incoming WRs will beat out Dunbar for the #1 spot. When Dunbar had his chances last season, he caught the ball, broke tackles and scored some nice TDs. I think it's unrealistic to expect that Sophomores or true Freshmen are going to beat out the senior wide-out on the team. With Robinson being an EE, I think he has the best chance to be a starter over all the younger WRs. I also don't see Purifoy making an impact at WR. And I'm looking forward to seeing the progression of Kent Taylor and Colin Thompson at TE.

yeah dunbar is still a young player, damn i thought he had two more years, man i had hopes his career could recover and i love the young TEs(jesus i just typed that)
the-color-blue
Freshman Gator

Postby Homer J » Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:54 pm

Dunbar still has two years to play.

CAREER:

Redshirt sophomore wide receiver who has appeared in 13 games and has started five…Has recorded 14 receptions for 216 yards and two touchdowns.

2011:

Appeared in 12 games while starting five (FAU, UAB, Tennessee, Furman, Ohio State)…Caught 14 passes for 216 yards and two touchdowns…Caught two passes for 24 yards in his first career start vs. FAU…Had a career-long 40-yard reception on the game’s first offensive play against UAB and totaled two catches for 58 yards…Snagged one reception for 24 yards against Georgia…Scored his first career touchdown against Furman on a 29-yard reception and finished with two catches for 54 yards…Set a career-high in receptions against instate rival FSU, coming down with three passes for 40 yards and his second career touchdown…Recorded the start and caught one pass for six yards against OSU in the Gator Bowl.

2010:

Made collegiate debut against Miami University and also saw action on special teams against LSU…Earned a redshirt.
Homer J
Head Ball Coach

Postby Crisco » Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:07 pm

FWIW, all the rumors coming out tonight are James Clark is going to OSU.

Odds he's been told he's the "next Percy Harvin?"
Crisco
True Gator

Postby FunnGun » Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:18 pm

Crisco wrote:FWIW, all the rumors coming out tonight are James Clark is going to OSU.

Odds he's been told he's the "next Percy Harvin?"

Not sure I'm buying that.

Some have said it's actually the other way around. That Trey may be looking at us.
FunnGun
Gatorsports Legend

Postby Crisco » Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:24 pm

Yes, I've heard both, trade?

However, after the Trey Johnson reports surfaced (apparently they've been hanging around for a few days) his HS coach came out and said he expects no surprises and TJ will sign with OSU tomorrow. So yeah, obviously have to take this all with a grain of salt.. I remember sitting here a year ago and Avery Young was a done deal Gator the night before; but latest rumors I've seen have James Clark and Trey Johnson trending Urbs.
Crisco
True Gator

Postby FunnGun » Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:27 pm

So were Josh Harvey Clemons and the other kid that escapes me right now.

I seriously don't think we lose Clark. Just more manufactured recruiting drama.

Trade though? Not sure. But I'd be fine with either or both.
FunnGun
Gatorsports Legend

Postby -THE DUDE- » Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:34 pm

FunnGun wrote:So were Josh Harvey Clemons and the other kid that escapes me right now.

I seriously don't think we lose Clark. Just more manufactured recruiting drama.

Trade though? Not sure. But I'd be fine with either or both.

I don't know but this is being did by some pretty credible sources for gator recruiting...I would say this is performing pretty accurate
-THE DUDE-
Head Ball Coach

Postby Crisco » Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:35 pm

FunnGun wrote:Trade though? Not sure. But I'd be fine with both.

Fixed it, and me too.

It wasn't Tracy Howard was it? I think all reports were he still hadn't decided yet.

Also, I wasn't making a prediction or anything on Clark, simply relaying what's out there for anyone who's curious. I don't pay for any sites, so I try to scrape up anything I can and feed the beast, just trying to help others who are doing the same and may just be lurking.
Crisco
True Gator

Postby FunnGun » Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:44 pm

Yeah it was Howard. He waited and didn't say either way but it was a shocker because he was considered a heavy Florida lean until right before signing.

No worries, I got that you were just relaying the info. I'm glad you said something before someone tried to chew your head off for it though. You know how this place works. :lol: I usually put that stuff in quotes, even if I paraphrase it, so that there's no confusion. I've already gotten accused of saying we didn't want Clark. :lol:
FunnGun
Gatorsports Legend

Postby dz_23 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:28 pm

dz_23
Heisman Gator

Postby Crisco » Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:37 am

^ that's from Feb 4th, no disrespect, but that's light years ago in recruiting.

I got on here to update real quick, Derek Tyson (ESPN) and Mike Farrell (Rivals) have picked Clark to OSU in last hour, Tyson (who's really good - in last 10 mins). It appears that's a done deal.

However, Tyson all said he thinks UF will have "two surprises" tomorrow. He didn't specify if they're good or bad, but I've seen the two surprise report from multiple others throughout the day, so I'd assume there's some fire to the smoke and they're all consistent as to who the surprises are (I have no idea).

His twitter feed is twitter.com/derektysonespn if you don't believe me.

Also, I'd be lying if I weren't a tiny bit nervous about Ole Miss with VH3 and FSU with Caleb Brantley. I think they'll be Gators, but deep down I'm sweating a bit.

Anyway, that's the latest I found, and last I'll post before its all over, just passing along, Go Gators!
Crisco
True Gator

Postby ShadowGator » Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:17 am

Tyson's twitter states this:

@Jhest42: @DerekTysonESPN Good or bad surprises..?”//good for Florida
ShadowGator
Head Ball Coach

Postby GatorBart » Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:46 pm

Homer J wrote:Dunbar still has two years to play.

CAREER:

Redshirt sophomore wide receiver who has appeared in 13 games and has started five…Has recorded 14 receptions for 216 yards and two touchdowns.

2011:

Appeared in 12 games while starting five (FAU, UAB, Tennessee, Furman, Ohio State)…Caught 14 passes for 216 yards and two touchdowns…Caught two passes for 24 yards in his first career start vs. FAU…Had a career-long 40-yard reception on the game’s first offensive play against UAB and totaled two catches for 58 yards…Snagged one reception for 24 yards against Georgia…Scored his first career touchdown against Furman on a 29-yard reception and finished with two catches for 54 yards…Set a career-high in receptions against instate rival FSU, coming down with three passes for 40 yards and his second career touchdown…Recorded the start and caught one pass for six yards against OSU in the Gator Bowl.

2010:

Made collegiate debut against Miami University and also saw action on special teams against LSU…Earned a redshirt.

Homer:
You're right, Dunbar has two years left, though GatorZone left out his 2012 stats. He had 36 catches for 383 yards and 4 TDs last season (scoring against KY, USCe, ULL and FSU).
I still contend he'll be our #1 WR this coming season.
GatorBart
Head Ball Coach

Previous

Return to Recruiting Board