Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 7 guests

**Quinton Powell UPDATE**

A forum for ALL Gator recruiting info, as well as recruiting updates of Gator opponents. ONLY RECRUITING-RELATED THREADS ARE ALLOWED!

Moderators: Recruiting Moderator, Moderator, Site Administrators

Re: **Quinton Powell UPDATE**

Postby Mus_champ11 » Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:28 pm

law98gator wrote:
Mus_champ11 wrote:It's going to be a long 3 days.

Why? We have a GREAT class already. I have no concerns at all. We have a great, large class even if we land no one else.

True. I just want this recruiting season to get finalized and I want Bostwick
for more depth at DT.
Mus_champ11
All-American Gator

Postby Homer J » Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:33 pm

law98gator wrote:

Why? We have a GREAT class already. I have no concerns at all. We have a great, large class even if we land no one else.

Yes, and more importantly, we have filled all of our needs and we have started on 2014 with four great recruits.
Homer J
Head Ball Coach

Postby FatCatG8r » Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:20 pm

Mus_champ11 wrote:
Homer J wrote:
Mus_champ11 wrote:We are in a fight for Bostwick with Miami and I think we really need him (at the least for depth).

If we can just add Bostwick along with the current class that would be even better obviously. I also want that JUCO QB becuase Driskell may very well get hurt next year. I think its a high probability with the way he runs etc. If we dont have a good #2 QB next season it could resemble Muschamps 1srt year. hopefully my apocalyptic concern is just stinkin thinkin.

I think signing day will be kinda quiet, 27 or 28 kids maximum. But I hope I'm dead wrong which is often the case.

I hope we don't sign people just to get the numbers up. Next's year should be small so save what we can for next year.

I promise you Muschamp wont just fill scholarships for the sake of numbers.
He could of done that his first year and chose not to. He was looking out for
the longterm well being of the program. It's going to be a long 3 days.

OK. I've got to accept the label of "Grammar Police". Did you actually go to the University of Florida? "Of" is not a verb. It is a preposition, so don't use it as a verb. The proper word in this case is "have". Act like you have an education and are literate even if you aren't.
FatCatG8r
Freshman Gator

Postby gatorspook » Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:25 pm

FatCatG8r wrote:
Mus_champ11 wrote:
Homer J wrote:
Mus_champ11 wrote:We are in a fight for Bostwick with Miami and I think we really need him (at the least for depth).

If we can just add Bostwick along with the current class that would be even better obviously. I also want that JUCO QB becuase Driskell may very well get hurt next year. I think its a high probability with the way he runs etc. If we dont have a good #2 QB next season it could resemble Muschamps 1srt year. hopefully my apocalyptic concern is just stinkin thinkin.

I think signing day will be kinda quiet, 27 or 28 kids maximum. But I hope I'm dead wrong which is often the case.

I hope we don't sign people just to get the numbers up. Next's year should be small so save what we can for next year.

OK. I've got to accept the label of "Grammar Police". Did you actually go to the University of Florida? "Of" is not a verb. It is a preposition, so don't use it as a verb. The proper word in this case is "have". Act like you have an education and are literate even if you aren't.

Aren't you kind've being hard on the guy?
gatorspook

Postby Gators79 » Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:40 pm

FatCatG8r wrote:
Mus_champ11 wrote:
Homer J wrote:

Really?

Gators79
Heisman Gator

Postby FatCatG8r » Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:46 pm

gatorspook wrote:
FatCatG8r wrote:
Mus_champ11 wrote:
Homer J wrote:

gatorspook wrote:
FatCatG8r wrote:
Mus_champ11 wrote:
Homer J wrote:

No. I'm not. I'm sick at heart to see so many so-called "representatives" of my Alma Mater looking like illiterate hicks. Have some pride. Take a moment to spell check your post. It doesn't take that long. I "seen"(saw) his high"lite"(light) video. He might try "and"(to) win. Learn what is a verb, a preposition, or a conjunction. Use it properly. Or just use Twitter grammar and dispose of language structure and syntax altogether.
FatCatG8r
Freshman Gator

Postby FatCatG8r » Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:49 pm

Gators79 wrote:
FatCatG8r wrote:
Mus_champ11 wrote:
Homer J wrote:

Really?

Wow. This says it all. FSU grad? No. Too good. I'm thinking Mississippi State.
FatCatG8r
Freshman Gator

Postby gatorspook » Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:51 pm

FatCatG8r wrote:
gatorspook wrote:
FatCatG8r wrote:
Mus_champ11 wrote:
Homer J wrote:

gatorspook wrote:
FatCatG8r wrote:
Mus_champ11 wrote:
Homer J wrote:

No. I'm not. I'm sick at heart to see so many so-called "representatives" of my Alma Mater looking like illiterate hicks. Have some pride. Take a moment to spell check your post. It doesn't take that long. I "seen"(saw) his high"lite"(light) video. He might try "and"(to) win. Learn what is a verb, a preposition, or a conjunction. Use it properly. Or just use Twitter grammar and dispose of language structure and syntax altogether.

did you read what I wrote? kind've? Don't rant so hard that you miss the subtle sarcasm....
gatorspook

Postby FatCatG8r » Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:59 pm

gatorspook wrote:
FatCatG8r wrote:
gatorspook wrote:
FatCatG8r wrote:
Mus_champ11 wrote:
Homer J wrote:

gatorspook wrote:
FatCatG8r wrote:
Mus_champ11 wrote:
Homer J wrote:

did you read what I wrote? kind've? Don't rant so hard that you miss the subtle sarcasm....

Wow, again. I'm so sorry. I missed it entirely. That's very nice, very impressive, very subtle.
FatCatG8r
Freshman Gator

Postby Gators79 » Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:13 pm

FatCatG8r wrote:
Gators79 wrote:
FatCatG8r wrote:
Mus_champ11 wrote:
Homer J wrote:

Really?

Wow. This says it all. FSU grad? No. Too good. I'm thinking Mississippi State.

Whatever Baby Richard . HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Gators79
Heisman Gator

Postby gatorspook » Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:23 pm

FatCatG8r wrote:

Wow, again. I'm so sorry. I missed it entirely. That's very nice, very impressive, very subtle.

Hysterical...I spit out my tea...literally..no sarcasm. Very nicely done.
gatorspook

Postby Mus_champ11 » Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:18 pm

FatCatG8r wrote:
gatorspook wrote:
FatCatG8r wrote:
Mus_champ11 wrote:
Homer J wrote:

gatorspook wrote:
FatCatG8r wrote:
Mus_champ11 wrote:
Homer J wrote:

I was aware of the grammatical error in my post. However, I was late and had to get off the laptop. Why did I not correct the error? I have a type A personality and I decided to lower my standards versus yielding to the compulsion to have everything perfect at all times. By the way, I have noticed in your replies that your diction is stilted.
Mus_champ11
All-American Gator

Postby Homer J » Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:42 pm

OK, back to the topic, we don't want Powell and I'm glad Champ said no to him.
Homer J
Head Ball Coach

Postby ltraz » Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:18 pm

FatCatG8r wrote:
Mus_champ11 wrote:
Homer J wrote:

I think you meant 'Grammar Police' not "Grammar Police". Take your diploma off the wall please.
ltraz
Heisman Gator

Postby FatCatG8r » Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:00 pm

ltraz wrote:
FatCatG8r wrote:
Mus_champ11 wrote:
Homer J wrote:

I think you meant 'Grammar Police' not "Grammar Police". Take your diploma off the wall please.

No. I meant exactly what I said.

http://www.pitzer.edu/offices/writing_center/grammar/Quotation%20Marks.pdf

4. Quotation marks can be used when any discussion is being made about a word and the word appears in the text.
Ex: Students frequently do not understand the difference between “affect” and “effect.”

http://www.scribendi.com/advice/use_of_quotation_marks.en.html

2. Scare quotes

Scare quotes are quotation marks that are typically used to indicate sarcasm or irony (e.g., It’s only snowing a “little”). There’s even a physical action associated with this type of quotation marks called air quotes. This use of quotation marks is familiar to us; however, scare quotes are also used in another way. In academic writing, scare quotes are used to critically discuss terms that may contain implications the author wants to personally distance him or herself from.

3. Use in meta-language

This is one of the more interesting concepts we came across in researching how to use quotation marks. Sometimes these little punctuation marks are used to distinguish a word from its associated concept. Sound a bit highfalutin’? Well, the best way to illustrate this concept is through example: The word “yogurt” is derived from an Old English word meaning stinky milk. In this example, the word is offset by quotation marks to let readers know we are talking about the actual word and not about the object to which the word refers.

4. Unusual usage

Another accepted use of quotation marks we frequently run into when editing fiction writing is when writers use quotation marks to signal the unusual usage of a word. You might, if writing a romance novel, write a sentence like this: As Prudence Goudwyfe watched Marco St. Pierre ride away on his horse to join the Red Coat Militia, she somehow “knew” she would never see her lover again. In this circumstance, the quotation marks around “knew” significantly alter the meaning of the word.

What you are saying I should use is a 'quote' within a "quote". Not what I was doing at all.

As to being stilted. It's better than being illiterate or ignorant.
FatCatG8r
Freshman Gator

Postby EuroGator » Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:40 pm

FatCatG8r wrote:No. I'm not. I'm sick at heart to see so many so-called "representatives" of my Alma Mater looking like illiterate hicks. Have some pride. Take a moment to spell check your post. It doesn't take that long. I "seen"(saw) his high"lite"(light) video. He might try "and"(to) win. Learn what is a verb, a preposition, or a conjunction. Use it properly. Or just use Twitter grammar and dispose of language structure and syntax altogether.

I have a couple of comments.

1. Do you believe that every member of this board is a graduate of (or even has attended a class at) the University of Florida? For that matter, do you think that we're all college graduates? If you do, I think you should reevaluate that. I for one hope that there are fan's of Gator sports that have no official affiliation with UF. I hope that UF makes money on ticket and merchandise sales from people who never were and never will be students there. Furthermore, I don't think that anyone on this board, including the moderators, is a representative for UF. Who has called them so? If your disappointment is caused, even in part, by your own bad assumptions... then that's on you.

2. You may need to come to grips with the fact that not everyone has the same background or preferences that you have. Some people will just make some mistakes.

3. You too could be ridiculed or chided for mistakes you've made - even in posts which were intended to point out the error of others. You double quoted in the post I'm quoting and your last sentence... um... I don't think it's a proper, complete sentence.

...the bottom line? Show a little grase and murcy and pick you're battles or someone will point out you're miss takes to. ;)

:scarefail:

:soapbox:
Work 'em silly Gators!
:chomp:
EuroGator
Senior Gator

Postby WobbleGator » Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:44 pm

Thread hijack :lol:
WobbleGator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby EuroGator » Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:49 pm

WobbleGator wrote:Thread hijack :lol:

...oh yeah. We didn't won't him anyway! :lol:
Work 'em silly Gators!
:chomp:
EuroGator
Senior Gator

Postby FunnGun » Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:54 pm

EuroGator wrote:
WobbleGator wrote:Thread hijack :lol:

...oh yeah. We didn't won't him anyway! :lol:

Oy vey! Es una lucha gramática! Puedo jugar? :lol:

Like the new avi, euro.
FunnGun
Gatorsports Legend

Postby GatorKen » Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:26 pm

law98gator wrote:

my thoughts exactly. Anything else is just icing on the cake.

Plus I don't see the point in flipping out about losing some 200# linebacker (non EE) that won't play his first year

He decommitted when Alex Anzalone came on board. AA is an Honors Student at UF and has great size as a freshman. No loss in my opinion.

Though I don't think Wednesday will be a let down as far as above and beyond our current commits. I expect Champ to add to this class and we have the rumors of at least one silent out there who may be a big time Defensive player.
oxrageous wrote:Ken and I are now officially best friends.

I want an OC with the mentality of a High School Jr on Prom night rather than a guy who's been married 20 years and has 4 children.
GatorKen
Bull Gator

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting Board