Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

**Quinton Powell UPDATE**

A forum for ALL Gator recruiting info, as well as recruiting updates of Gator opponents. ONLY RECRUITING-RELATED THREADS ARE ALLOWED!

Moderators: Recruiting Moderator, Site Administrators, Moderator

Re: **Quinton Powell UPDATE**

Postby Mus_champ11 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:43 pm

alcoholica wrote:So if we have 26 commits, then we have 7 spots. I find it hard to believe we have 7 guys good enough to take those spots. We have to believe Muschamp is saving spots for next year right? Who are the 7 most likely guys?

1) Ramsey, if he's a silent
2) Bostwick
3) Reed
4) Clark
5) JUCO QB
6) ???
7) ???

Any thoughts guys on 6 & 7?

This just dawned on me.The coach who spoke to Powell may have meant
no more scholarships at LB are available.
Mus_champ11
All-American Gator

Postby Gatorphan » Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:48 pm

Mus_champ11 wrote:
alcoholica wrote:So if we have 26 commits, then we have 7 spots. I find it hard to believe we have 7 guys good enough to take those spots. We have to believe Muschamp is saving spots for next year right? Who are the 7 most likely guys?

2) Bostwick
3) Reed
4) Clark
5) JUCO QB
6) ???
7) ???

Makes more sense, although it's pretty exciting to imagine that we have 6 or 7 of these prospects as silents.
"Fundamentals are the crutch of the talentless" - Kenny Powers
Gatorphan
Heisman Gator

Postby Mus_champ11 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:54 pm

Gatorphan wrote:
Mus_champ11 wrote:

2) Bostwick
3) Reed
4) Clark
5) JUCO QB
6) ???
7) ???

Makes more sense, although it's pretty exciting to imagine that we have 6 or 7 of these prospects as silents.

Cant wait till Wednesday. I want Bostwick and the JUCO QB. Hopefully, there will be some news before Wednesday.
Mus_champ11
All-American Gator

Postby CGgater » Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:26 pm

Most of the rumblings this past week were that UF shouldn't expect a ton of fireworks on NSD, so I'm not really getting my hopes up about any big flips (RN, Adams, etc).

Because of my relatively pessimistic view** of NSD, I'm not happy with the loss of powell. The general feeling was that powell might be the best MLB option in our class, so I think this loss hurts and I wish the coaches didn't shut things down.

That said, I think powell needs to grow up. Had he held his commitment, he wouldn't be upset right now. But not to worry - I'm sure kiffy will teach the kid about personal character and accountability. :lol:

**As for my pessimistic view of NSD, I think we have a stellar class as is, and anyone else we sign is icing on the cake.
CGgater
All-American Gator

Postby alcoholica » Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:14 pm

CGgater wrote:Most of the rumblings this past week were that UF shouldn't expect a ton of fireworks on NSD, so I'm not really getting my hopes up about any big flips (RN, Adams, etc).

Because of my relatively pessimistic view** of NSD, I'm not happy with the loss of powell. The general feeling was that powell might be the best MLB option in our class, so I think this loss hurts and I wish the coaches didn't shut things down.

That said, I think powell needs to grow up. Had he held his commitment, he wouldn't be upset right now. But not to worry - I'm sure kiffy will teach the kid about personal character and accountability. :lol:

**As for my pessimistic view of NSD, I think we have a stellar class as is, and anyone else we sign is icing on the cake.

Would Powell ever get big enough to play MLB in the SEC. I think Anzalone will have some reps there, but I see Taylor and Morrison holding on the the 2 middle spots in the 3-4 scheme.
alcoholica
Heisman Gator

Postby alcoholica » Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:16 pm

Mus_champ11 wrote:

2) Bostwick
3) Reed
4) Clark
5) JUCO QB
6) ???
7) ???

So which LB would we have gotten to take Powell's spot?
alcoholica
Heisman Gator

Postby gatorade7 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:25 pm

Powell was never an option at MIKE. he is an edge guy OLB/DE(w lots of weight gain). I don't buy that UF is out of scholarships since we have 6-7, I think UF was trying to force his hand and he didn't bite. Champ is DONE!

Clark (60%) - Clemson is a bigger player than you think because we are so fixated on Urban. New Smyrna big Gator Country cause of Wes Chandler.

Bostwick (60%)- fighting UM hard

Ramsey (33%) - who knows he played it really close to the vest w us FSU and still committed to USC
gatorade7
Senior Gator

Postby law98gator » Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:56 pm

CGgater wrote:Because of my relatively pessimistic view** of NSD, I'm not happy with the loss of powell. The general feeling was that powell might be the best MLB option in our class, so I think this loss hurts and I wish the coaches didn't shut things down.

General feeling by whom? I agree with the others, Powell never will be an inside LB.

Champ said that he wasn't interested in a player who was worried about depth charts and competition.
ufgator812. wrote:Fvck Richt, Herschel, Will Muschamp, Larry Munson, Lindsey Scott (fvck him twice), Vince Dooley ... Yes, Fvck them all.

divits888 wrote:
Bammer wrote:Isn't government intrusion your flavor du jour, divits?
Isn’t every flavor ever known to man your flavor du jour?
law98gator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby williston_gator » Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:13 pm

RT @qpowe17: New top 4 #Miami #Oregon #USC #SouthCarolina
williston_gator
Heisman Gator

Postby Homer J » Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:33 pm

I love it! Way to go Champ!
Homer J
Head Ball Coach

Postby the-color-blue » Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:34 pm

can't say i'm terribly upset about this. he had waste of a scholly written all over him with the attitude we are still trying to get rid of here.... blessing in disguise like the algohlor kid last year.... if you consider kiffin we shouldn't consider you, the curtain is pulled back on that guy.
the-color-blue
Freshman Gator

Postby Mus_champ11 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:01 pm

We are in a fight for Bostwick with Miami and I think we really need him (at the least for depth).

If we can just add Bostwick along with the current class that would be even better obviously. I also want that JUCO QB becuase Driskell may very well get hurt next year. I think its a high probability with the way he runs etc. If we dont have a good #2 QB next season it could resemble Muschamps 1srt year. hopefully my apocalyptic concern is just stinkin thinkin.

I think signing day will be kinda quiet, 27 or 28 kids maximum. But I hope I'm dead wrong which is often the case.
Mus_champ11
All-American Gator

Postby CGgater » Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:41 pm

law98gator wrote:
CGgater wrote:Because of my relatively pessimistic view** of NSD, I'm not happy with the loss of powell. The general feeling was that powell might be the best MLB option in our class, so I think this loss hurts and I wish the coaches didn't shut things down.

General feeling by whom? I agree with the others, Powell never will be an inside LB.

Champ said that he wasn't interested in a player who was worried about depth charts and competition.

I can't remember where I read it, but it's possible I was trusting the word of an idiot.

I'm certainly not worried about filling all remaining scholarships, but I'd love to see Bostwick, Ramsey and Clark sign with UF. Bower would be nice, too.
CGgater
All-American Gator

Postby alcoholica » Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:47 pm

We NEED Bostwick. We need 2 young DT's pushing each other from day 1. He could end up better than Brantley, but I think Brantley becomes a better play for us if Bostwick signs.
alcoholica
Heisman Gator

Postby gatorade7 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:27 pm

williston_gator wrote:RT @qpowe17: New top 4 #Miami #Oregon #USC #SouthCarolina

Really Powell? Have fun playing for Lane
gatorade7
Senior Gator

Postby Homer J » Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:44 am

Mus_champ11 wrote:We are in a fight for Bostwick with Miami and I think we really need him (at the least for depth).

If we can just add Bostwick along with the current class that would be even better obviously. I also want that JUCO QB becuase Driskell may very well get hurt next year. I think its a high probability with the way he runs etc. If we dont have a good #2 QB next season it could resemble Muschamps 1srt year. hopefully my apocalyptic concern is just stinkin thinkin.

I think signing day will be kinda quiet, 27 or 28 kids maximum. But I hope I'm dead wrong which is often the case.

I hope we don't sign people just to get the numbers up. Next's year should be small so save what we can for next year.
Homer J
Head Ball Coach

Postby Gatorphan » Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:44 am

I think as fans we have to take into consideration that there are two signing days. Champ flipped WR Robinson and LB Anzalone right before EE's report. Both are on campus and are major additions to this class. If these two waited till Feb 3 to announce their choice to go orange and blue, we'd all be jumping for joy on Wednesday. The drama may have been taken away somewhat, but the quality of this class is potentially 06/07 good. My hat is off to the coaching staff regardless of any NSD surprises.
Last edited by Gatorphan on Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Fundamentals are the crutch of the talentless" - Kenny Powers
Gatorphan
Heisman Gator

Postby gatorspook » Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:43 pm

I think it's great they didn't play hardball with him and just told him no. I think it shows that Muschamp isn't the ass-kissing, favorite-player that Meyer was.

The reaction of everyone in this thread is exactly why I hate recruiting. None of has a clue.
gatorspook

Postby Mus_champ11 » Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:06 pm

Homer J wrote:
Mus_champ11 wrote:We are in a fight for Bostwick with Miami and I think we really need him (at the least for depth).

I hope we don't sign people just to get the numbers up. Next's year should be small so save what we can for next year.

I promise you Muschamp wont just fill scholarships for the sake of numbers.
He could of done that his first year and chose not to. He was looking out for
the longterm well being of the program. It's going to be a long 3 days.
Mus_champ11
All-American Gator

Postby law98gator » Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:33 pm

Mus_champ11 wrote:It's going to be a long 3 days.

Why? We have a GREAT class already. I have no concerns at all. We have a great, large class even if we land no one else.
ufgator812. wrote:Fvck Richt, Herschel, Will Muschamp, Larry Munson, Lindsey Scott (fvck him twice), Vince Dooley ... Yes, Fvck them all.

divits888 wrote:
Bammer wrote:Isn't government intrusion your flavor du jour, divits?
Isn’t every flavor ever known to man your flavor du jour?
law98gator
Gatorsports Legend

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting Board