Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

FB Kennard Swanson going JUCO

A forum for ALL Gator recruiting info, as well as recruiting updates of Gator opponents. ONLY RECRUITING-RELATED THREADS ARE ALLOWED!

Moderators: Recruiting Moderator, Site Administrators, Moderator

FB Kennard Swanson going JUCO

Postby Zach Abolverdi » Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:45 pm

Kennard Swanson will attend a junior college per Lake Gibson assistant coach Robert Whitaker.

Whitaker told me last week that he thought Florida would sign-and-place Swanson, but the coaches have decided his grades are too much of a concern because they didn't see enough improvement from him this past semester.

Whitaker said Swanson is considering a couple of schools in Mississippi, one in Kansas and one in Arizona. He believes UF will pursue Swanson again if his academics are in order at the JUCO level.
Follow me on Twitter @ http://twitter.com/ZachAbolverdi
Request me on Facebook @ http://facebook.com/ZachAbolverdi
Zach Abolverdi
GatorSports Writer

Re: FB Kennard Swanson going JUCO

Postby Alagator » Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:06 pm

This comes as no surprise but it still stinks. I was hoping we'd get him in this class.
Kcgator wrote:
...bite him in his tightly puckered anus.

Soflagator wrote:
"We should really try not sucking for 30+ minutes of each game."
Alagator
Heisman Gator

Postby Homer J » Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:13 pm

Good for him! He's not going to head to Ole Miss, Tennessee or West Virginia to escape having bad grades. I really hope that we pursue him in two years. Joyer will have graduated when he is ready to come back.
Homer J
Head Ball Coach

Postby CGgater » Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:04 pm

Homer J wrote:Good for him! He's not going to head to Ole Miss, Tennessee or West Virginia to escape having bad grades. I really hope that we pursue him in two years. Joyer will have graduated when he is ready to come back.

Or if he's really serious about his grades, he could be back for the 2014 season. I'm all for that!
CGgater
All-American Gator

Postby alcoholica » Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:30 pm

This sucks, I really wanted him in this class. On a positive note, the kid is showing maturity by going to JUCO and getting his grades in order. He must want to be a Gator, because why go JUCO?
alcoholica
Heisman Gator

Postby Homer J » Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:56 pm

CGgater wrote:
Homer J wrote:Good for him! He's not going to head to Ole Miss, Tennessee or West Virginia to escape having bad grades. I really hope that we pursue him in two years. Joyer will have graduated when he is ready to come back.

Or if he's really serious about his grades, he could be back for the 2014 season. I'm all for that!

I don't think you can come back from JUCO to Div I until you get you get your AA degree. I could be wrong but isn't that the reason Trenton Brown couldn't transfer in until the summer?
Homer J
Head Ball Coach

Postby CGgater » Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:48 pm

Homer J wrote:
CGgater wrote:

I don't think you can come back from JUCO to Div I until you get you get your AA degree. I could be wrong but isn't that the reason Trenton Brown couldn't transfer in until the summer?

Not sure. $cam nooten went JUCO for one year, but that may have been all the time he needed to get his AA when adding his UF credits (assuming he went to class, but that's another topic).

I think RFN took two years before coming to UF, but he had a learning disability. He may have taken that long to get the GPA needed. I really don't know if an AA is a requirement to transfer. :dunno:
CGgater
All-American Gator

Postby law98gator » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:10 pm

The AA thing is a Florida specific requirement.
ufgator812. wrote:Fvck Richt, Herschel, Will Muschamp, Larry Munson, Lindsey Scott (fvck him twice), Vince Dooley ... Yes, Fvck them all.

divits888 wrote:
Bammer wrote:Isn't government intrusion your flavor du jour, divits?
Isn’t every flavor ever known to man your flavor du jour?
law98gator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby CGgater » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:43 pm

law98gator wrote:The AA thing is a Florida specific requirement.

Any state school or just UF?
CGgater
All-American Gator

Postby BMF » Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:33 pm

CGgater wrote:

Master Chief, I believe it is a requirement for JUCO's to graduate. Even Cam Newton had to graduate...but he only did 1 year because he had the credits from UF. Same for our recent JUCO DT Cummings (he went to FSU before going JUCO and got his AA).

UF has a more stringent requirement for JUCO's in that UF admissions office requires certain classes, along w/ the completed AA degree. So if a kid has an AA it doesn't necessarily mean UF's admissions office will let him in. We've lost JUCO's in recent years who did not meet this requirement. I'm not sure what the specific class or classes that are required for UF (that other schools don't require) but it has cost us a player or two (we lost a JUCO LB to Ohio State around 2004 or 2005, he was a starter on their 2006 team that we beat).

---
BMF
Head Ball Coach

Postby law98gator » Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:19 am

CGgater wrote:

That may be outdated info. There was once an AA requirement and a test (CLAST?) or you had to meet the 1st year student requirements (which presumably you can't or you would have enrolled), something like that. I googled quickly but someone else can update us, I'm sure.

The CLAST/AA thing was for all public universities in the state... I think.

How's that for equivocation?
ufgator812. wrote:Fvck Richt, Herschel, Will Muschamp, Larry Munson, Lindsey Scott (fvck him twice), Vince Dooley ... Yes, Fvck them all.

divits888 wrote:
Bammer wrote:Isn't government intrusion your flavor du jour, divits?
Isn’t every flavor ever known to man your flavor du jour?
law98gator
Gatorsports Legend

Return to Recruiting Board