Who is online

Users browsing this forum: NoGaGator and 5 guests

Vernon Hargreaves III and Ole Miss visit rumors

A forum for ALL Gator recruiting info, as well as recruiting updates of Gator opponents. ONLY RECRUITING-RELATED THREADS ARE ALLOWED!

Moderators: Recruiting Moderator, Site Administrators, Moderator

Vernon Hargreaves III and Ole Miss visit rumors

Postby Zach Abolverdi » Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:35 pm

There's some chatter that Florida CB commit Vernon Hargreaves III will supposedly visit Ole Miss this weekend, and I've been asked about it all day.

One of his coaches told me that's not happening. The Rebels came by the school last week to gauge Hargreaves' interest, but he has none according to his coach.

Jordan Sherit, one of his best friends, said he traded texts with Hargreaves today and he told Sherit he wasn't visiting Ole Miss. In fact, they are supposed to work out together Saturday morning.
Follow me on Twitter @ http://twitter.com/ZachAbolverdi
Request me on Facebook @ http://facebook.com/ZachAbolverdi
Zach Abolverdi
GatorSports Writer

Re: Vernon Hargreaves III and Ole Miss visit rumors

Postby GatorKen » Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:19 pm

I hope this is true. If he visits Ole Miss then someone needs to find out what kind of Perks they are offering
oxrageous wrote:Ken and I are now officially best friends.

I want an OC with the mentality of a High School Jr on Prom night rather than a guy who's been married 20 years and has 4 children.
GatorKen
Bull Gator

Postby alcoholica » Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:52 pm

I'd expect a lot of Ole Miss rumors heading into NSD. They have momentum right now. Tunsil was rumored as well.
alcoholica
Heisman Gator

Postby UGator » Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:46 am

There's nothing wrong with a school like Ole Miss trying to flip players. They have the #1 recruit wrapped up (his bro plays there and his Nigerian Mom wants them both at the same school) and Coach Freeze has his team on the rise after former coaches couldn't get over the hump.

However, if I were an investigator with the NCAA and it was a competent organization which it isn't, I'd be looking at both Clemson and Ole Miss to see why they are getting players that usually go elsewhere. That's just for starters.

Nothing wrong with aggressive recruiting, but both schools have had unusual success recently. This could also be because they have very good recruiting coaches at both schools.
UGator
Freshman Gator

Postby Ga Gator » Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:09 am

Hugh Freize=Billy Brewer; just a matter of time.
Ga Gator
Senior Gator

Postby BMF » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:37 pm

Why all the jealousy towards Ole Miss & Clemson by Gator fans? Sure, they've both gotten some good players....some....not "a lot". Are either of them ranked in the top 10 of any of the services? Why no hate for Vandy? They're ranked in the top 20 (along w/ Clemson & Ole Miss).

Freeze has done a really good job, period. Just because he's landing a few recruits doesn't mean anything unusual is going on....same for Clemson. Have any of you ever been to Clemson? It's actually a pretty nice school and has a passionate fan base.

We can't sign every single recruit out there. I'd rather these kids go to Ole Miss than Bama, LSU or UGA. So I have no problem with it.....

---
BMF
Head Ball Coach

Postby the-color-blue » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:58 pm

BMF wrote:Why all the jealousy towards Ole Miss & Clemson by Gator fans? Sure, they've both gotten some good players....some....not "a lot". Are either of them ranked in the top 10 of any of the services? Why no hate for Vandy? They're ranked in the top 20 (along w/ Clemson & Ole Miss).

Freeze has done a really good job, period. Just because he's landing a few recruits doesn't mean anything unusual is going on....same for Clemson. Have any of you ever been to Clemson? It's actually a pretty nice school and has a passionate fan base.

We can't sign every single recruit out there. I'd rather these kids go to Ole Miss than Bama, LSU or UGA. So I have no problem with it.....

---

it isnt about signing every single guy out there but almost every bigtime recruit makes a visit to clemson nowadays, like auburn was a few years ago and usc when a kiffin or ogre is there and now ole miss.... there is no reason to be naive about what is going on these multi million dollar businesses and there are shady ones out there and isn't hard to read the tea leaves
the-color-blue
Freshman Gator

Postby Gator98MD » Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:14 pm

Bro have you been around here over the past few years ? Clemson has cherry picked 5 stars that should have been Florida bound multiple times.
I understand peoples enmity towards them . Ole miss is irrelevant to me otherwise, thought their resurgence in recruiting this year is suspicious.
Gator98MD
All-American Gator

Postby BMF » Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:27 pm

Of course I've been around here. Clemson has signed a handful of good players....but not enough to have consistant top 10 classes. Why aren't you suspicious of Vandy? They've come out of nowhere the last two years and are finishing in the top-20 in recruiting. Isn't that "shady"? Take off your O&B glasses once in a while and you'll see there are other schools out there that put in a lot of hard work too.

---
BMF
Head Ball Coach

Postby the-color-blue » Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:53 pm

cause the vols and memphis aren't as good as they used to be and they arent getting "in it" with every other five star out there. clemson shouldn't be beating out uga or southcarolina for recruits much less uf or bama. look at the coaching staffs they have people that had jobs at dirty programs.... not sure if stupid or troll at this point
the-color-blue
Freshman Gator

Postby BMF » Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:47 am

Yeah, I'm a troll w/ 2000+ posts. Wake up and live in the real world for once in your life. Either it's a big conspiracy or the NCAA is just turning a blind eye. Saying Clemson shouldn't pull recruits that UGA & South Carolina gets shows us your limited knowledge of the college football world.

If it makes you feel better; "Yeah!! DAMMIT! Clemson & Ole Miss GOTTA BE CHEATING!! It's no fair that they get away with it!!!!"

Loser....

---
BMF
Head Ball Coach

Postby the-color-blue » Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:04 am

ok so stupid
the-color-blue
Freshman Gator

Postby law98gator » Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:16 am

I think I liked Drew/Blue better when all he did was predict 6 tds per game and three Heismans for Driskel.
ufgator812. wrote:Fvck Richt, Herschel, Will Muschamp, Larry Munson, Lindsey Scott (fvck him twice), Vince Dooley ... Yes, Fvck them all.

divits888 wrote:
Bammer wrote:Isn't government intrusion your flavor du jour, divits?
Isn’t every flavor ever known to man your flavor du jour?
law98gator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby GatorInKnox » Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:38 am

BMF wrote:Yeah, I'm a troll w/ 2000+ posts. Wake up and live in the real world for once in your life. Either it's a big conspiracy or the NCAA is just turning a blind eye. Saying Clemson shouldn't pull recruits that UGA & South Carolina gets shows us your limited knowledge of the college football world.

If it makes you feel better; "Yeah!! DAMMIT! Clemson & Ole Miss GOTTA BE CHEATING!! It's no fair that they get away with it!!!!"

Loser....

---

Not saying your a troll by any means but since when did a high post count mean you can't be a troll?
GatorInKnox
Head Ball Coach

Postby the-color-blue » Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:37 pm

GatorInKnox wrote:
BMF wrote:Yeah, I'm a troll w/ 2000+ posts. Wake up and live in the real world for once in your life. Either it's a big conspiracy or the NCAA is just turning a blind eye. Saying Clemson shouldn't pull recruits that UGA & South Carolina gets shows us your limited knowledge of the college football world.

Loser....

---

Not saying your a troll by any means but since when did a high post count mean you can't be a troll?

yeah a troll is someone who trolls but he already went with stupid so i respect his decision.... just not his opinion :lol:
the-color-blue
Freshman Gator

Postby alcoholica » Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:30 am

If I was a highly recruited player coming out of HS, I would've listened to the offers. I didn't grow up as poor as a lot of these kids, but we didn't have much either. You certainly can't blame the kids for letting the "alleged" money factor into their decisions.

While I don't think our current staff pays players, I would be suspect of Urban and maybe even Zook.
alcoholica
Heisman Gator

Postby the-color-blue » Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:19 am

alcoholica wrote:If I was a highly recruited player coming out of HS, I would've listened to the offers. I didn't grow up as poor as a lot of these kids, but we didn't have much either. You certainly can't blame the kids for letting the "alleged" money factor into their decisions.

While I don't think our current staff pays players, I would be suspect of Urban and maybe even Zook.

yeah i don't blame the kids either. the blame lands on the coaches and boosters for ducking over there school and the schools future players
the-color-blue
Freshman Gator

Postby WobbleGator » Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:23 am

:panic:
WobbleGator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby Ga Gator » Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:54 pm

Hargraves isn't poor; his dad is a college coach.
Ga Gator
Senior Gator

Postby law98gator » Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:45 am

Guys, Ole Miss hired a Kiffin.

It's just a matter of time until that bomb blows.
ufgator812. wrote:Fvck Richt, Herschel, Will Muschamp, Larry Munson, Lindsey Scott (fvck him twice), Vince Dooley ... Yes, Fvck them all.

divits888 wrote:
Bammer wrote:Isn't government intrusion your flavor du jour, divits?
Isn’t every flavor ever known to man your flavor du jour?
law98gator
Gatorsports Legend

Next

Return to Recruiting Board