Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

Good News/Bad News on Robert Nkemdiche after his UF visit

A forum for ALL Gator recruiting info, as well as recruiting updates of Gator opponents. ONLY RECRUITING-RELATED THREADS ARE ALLOWED!

Moderators: Recruiting Moderator, Site Administrators, Moderator

Good News/Bad News on Robert Nkemdiche after his UF visit

Postby Zach Abolverdi » Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:49 am

Good News: He had a great time in Gainesville as you would expect. It worked out that UF had three commits from his state (Antonio Riles, Marqui Hawkins, Octavius Jackson) visiting the same weekend as him. He felt comfortable around them, as he did with the other UF commits in town. A couple of them told me Nkemdiche said the Gators have moved ahead of LSU and it's now between Ole Miss and Florida.

Bad News: He flat out told people Ole Miss is where he wants to go. Next weekend is his official to Oxford, and Nkemdiche said he took the UF trip so he could have something to compare his Ole Miss visit to. The family influence of his interest in the school has been well documented, but Nkemdiche gave the impression that he wants to go there regardless of his brother and the preference of their parents.
Follow me on Twitter @ http://twitter.com/ZachAbolverdi
Request me on Facebook @ http://facebook.com/ZachAbolverdi
Zach Abolverdi
GatorSports Writer

Re: Good News/Bad News on Robert Nkemdiche after his UF visit

Postby the-color-blue » Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:57 am

this is really as much as we could have reasonably hoped for but lets hope ole miss drops the ball or something
the-color-blue
Freshman Gator

Postby Gators#1 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:57 pm

the-color-blue wrote:this is really as much as we could have reasonably hoped for but lets hope ole miss drops the ball or something

Ole Miss is dropping $omething alright. They have players running around bragging about how much they get.
Gators#1
Freshman Gator

Postby ShadowGator » Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:30 pm

Can't really fault him for choosing Ole Miss of course... his family situation with his brother and mother alone seems like a fair reason to go there so I don't think $ should be tossed out like that is the only reason. Not too mention the chance to be a stud in Ole Miss is very achievable for him and it is being part of something new under Freeze... hope we get him, but understand why he is making his choice and leave it at that.
ShadowGator
Head Ball Coach

Postby MariettaGator » Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:40 pm

He fits the Muschamp "good guy" standard, regardless of his 5 stars. I hope we get him but that would be a nice surprise. I wish him well as long as he doesn't choose Georgia or FSU.
MariettaGator
Senior Gator

Postby tcoyne » Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:46 pm

How hard is it to convince any self-respecting black man to not go to Ole Miss? Somebody needs to play the race card. An easy card to play.
tcoyne
Baby Gator

Postby alcoholica » Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:45 pm

tcoyne wrote:How hard is it to convince any self-respecting black man to not go to Ole Miss? Somebody needs to play the race card. An easy card to play.

Have you watched the 30 for 30 on Ole Miss? They have made tremendous strides concerning race there. Besides, i don't know that Muschamp playing the race card would make UF look any better. But maybe you and a group of friends can drive to Oxford and yell offensive remarks to him during his visit.
alcoholica
Heisman Gator

Postby tcoyne » Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:46 pm

Really? Remember the wide spread anti-obama rallies a few months ago that went racial quickly and often. Still named the 'rebels', mascot is an old southern plantation owner, etc, etc...tremendous strides
tcoyne
Baby Gator

Postby Ancient Reptile » Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:12 pm

The election riots were disgusting and caused a friend of mine to switch to MSU. However, in fairness, the administration has made a determined effort to change the culture. They are the Ole Miss Bears and the plantation owner is no longer the mascot. They cannot, however, change the fact that "Ole Miss" is the slave name for the mistress of the plantation. I have never liked Ole Miss and do not now; however, fair is fair.
Ancient Reptile
Heisman Gator

Postby GatorTAG » Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:30 am

ShadowGator wrote:Can't really fault him for choosing Ole Miss of course... his family situation with his brother and mother alone seems like a fair reason to go there so I don't think $ should be tossed out like that is the only reason. Not too mention the chance to be a stud in Ole Miss is very achievable for him and it is being part of something new under Freeze... hope we get him, but understand why he is making his choice and leave it at that.

I'm not sure what familial ties the Nkemdiche family has with Mississippi. Dad's in Atl. and Mom's in Africa. I'm sure his brother ended up there because he wasn't quite good enough to go to UF or Bama or another elite program. Now his brother has a chance to go to one of those programs by making himself a package deal with Robert. If I'm Muschamp I'm telling Robert to bring his brother and come to UF and win some championships. Mom gets what she wants which is a 1 stop visit. Dad would actually be closer too.
Swamp Queen wrote:I miss basketball just so you negative tards couldn't complain as much.
GatorTAG
Head Ball Coach

Postby williston_gator » Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:37 am

I'm shocked how many top prospects end up at Ole Miss and Auburn. Maybe I'm just being naive but I don't get it.
williston_gator
Heisman Gator

Postby GatorInKnox » Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:12 am

williston_gator wrote:I'm shocked how many top prospects end up at Ole Miss and Auburn. Maybe I'm just being naive but I don't get it.

I've thought that about Clemson for years
GatorInKnox
Head Ball Coach

Postby law98gator » Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:28 am

GatorInKnox wrote:
williston_gator wrote:I'm shocked how many top prospects end up at Ole Miss and Auburn. Maybe I'm just being naive but I don't get it.

I've thought that about Clemson for years

It beats riding a scooter and getting harassed by GPD and UFPD.
ufgator812. wrote:Fvck Richt, Herschel, Will Muschamp, Larry Munson, Lindsey Scott (fvck him twice), Vince Dooley ... Yes, Fvck them all.

divits888 wrote:
Bammer wrote:Isn't government intrusion your flavor du jour, divits?
Isn’t every flavor ever known to man your flavor du jour?
law98gator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby GatorInKnox » Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:41 am

no big secret there :lol:
GatorInKnox
Head Ball Coach

Postby williston_gator » Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:47 am

Good points lol.
williston_gator
Heisman Gator

Postby alcoholica » Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:10 pm

tcoyne wrote:Really? Remember the wide spread anti-obama rallies a few months ago that went racial quickly and often. Still named the 'rebels', mascot is an old southern plantation owner, etc, etc...tremendous strides

Not saying they are the perfect model, but they have made advancements. Since Obama is 50/50, are we sure which half they were protesting? J/K. It's pretty sad that they had so much more to complain about than him being half black, but that's for the political forum.

As for their mascot, I wasn't aware they are now the bears, but i do remember a student vote that almost made a Star Wars character their mascot. I personally don't have a problem with their old mascot or the Confederate Battle flag. That's their decision. If it drives away enrollment and they have to shut down, then that's the free markets at work and their problem.
alcoholica
Heisman Gator

Postby Homer J » Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:43 pm

GatorTAG wrote:
ShadowGator wrote:Can't really fault him for choosing Ole Miss of course... his family situation with his brother and mother alone seems like a fair reason to go there so I don't think $ should be tossed out like that is the only reason. Not too mention the chance to be a stud in Ole Miss is very achievable for him and it is being part of something new under Freeze... hope we get him, but understand why he is making his choice and leave it at that.

I'm not sure what familial ties the Nkemdiche family has with Mississippi. Dad's in Atl. and Mom's in Africa. I'm sure his brother ended up there because he wasn't quite good enough to go to UF or Bama or another elite program. Now his brother has a chance to go to one of those programs by making himself a package deal with Robert. If I'm Muschamp I'm telling Robert to bring his brother and come to UF and win some championships. Mom gets what she wants which is a 1 stop visit. Dad would actually be closer too.

His brother was a freshman this year and an undersized LB / slow DB. He wanted to go to UGA but Richt didn't want him until it was too late. He played well this year but he would have had a hard time making special teams at UF. The best person to compare him to is Chris Johnson.
Homer J
Head Ball Coach

Postby GatorTAG » Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:03 pm

Homer J wrote:
GatorTAG wrote:

His brother was a freshman this year and an undersized LB / slow DB. He wanted to go to UGA but Richt didn't want him until it was too late. He played well this year but he would have had a hard time making special teams at UF. The best person to compare him to is Chris Johnson.

If it meant getting Robert why would we care?

The point is their Mom wants them at the same school. So get Denzel to transfer and problem solved.
Swamp Queen wrote:I miss basketball just so you negative tards couldn't complain as much.
GatorTAG
Head Ball Coach

Postby UFGATORFAN » Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:50 pm

GatorTAG wrote:
Homer J wrote:
GatorTAG wrote:

If it meant getting Robert why would we care?

The point is their Mom wants them at the same school. So get Denzel to transfer and problem solved.

apart from the fact that ole miss could easily deny his transfer request to go to another SEC school.....

what on earth makes you think he would want to?

he played a good amount this past year. I think he started a few games. Why would he leave a starting spot to be a special team player.

also, he is probably very loyal to ole miss. Think of how loyal Charlie strong is to Louisville for giving him a chance. probably a similar situation where he loves ole miss for being the one sec school to believe in him.

last, im sure he has more pride than to be the baggage in a package deal with his younger brother
UFGATORFAN
True Gator

Postby Coach9 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:41 pm

The ghosts of ole miss are still alive in kicking in that god forsaken state. Always competing with Alabama to be the ******* of the universe.
Coach9
Head Ball Coach

Next

Return to Recruiting Board