Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

UPDATE on a DE committed elsewhere

A forum for ALL Gator recruiting info, as well as recruiting updates of Gator opponents. ONLY RECRUITING-RELATED THREADS ARE ALLOWED!

Moderators: Recruiting Moderator, Moderator, Site Administrators

UPDATE on a DE committed elsewhere

Postby Zach Abolverdi » Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:09 pm

With 25 commits on board, Florida has a full class and most of its needs have been fulfilled. But if there's one position that could use another prospect, it's defensive end.

UF is scheduled to host Elijah Daniel, Auburn commit Tashawn Bower and USC commit Jason Hatcher on official visits next month. But there's another recruit back in the mix for the Gators — DeMarcus Walker.

The Alabama commit is applying at Florida for early enrollment and may be on the verge of flipping to UF. Jeremy Pruitt leaving Tuscaloosa for Tallahassee has been a big blow for Walker, who was personally recruited by him. Distance is also beginning to weigh heavily on his mind.

Walker will begin classes in two weeks, so filling out paperwork with Florida this late in the game should make things interesting as January approaches.
Follow me on Twitter @ http://twitter.com/ZachAbolverdi
Request me on Facebook @ http://facebook.com/ZachAbolverdi
Zach Abolverdi
GatorSports Writer

Re: UPDATE on a DE committed elsewhere

Postby GatorOnEnemyTurf » Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:38 pm

Zach
Great info ......very interesting ..with applying for EE...what is the potential talent comparing Walker to the three official visits ?
GatorOnEnemyTurf
True Gator

Postby Homer J » Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:57 pm

Great work, Zach.
Homer J
Head Ball Coach

Postby BRNLUZR » Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:59 pm

What is the percentage that we can pull this off?? He is one I had hoped we could flip since he committed to them
BRNLUZR
Senior Gator

Postby Gatorbythebay » Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:14 pm

He was hanging out with Nick Washington earlier, very good sign. Washington is also close with Ramsey, so hopefully he will come to campus while Ramsey is in town. This info is all based on opinion and observations, nothing else.
Gatorbythebay
Head Ball Coach

Postby Mus_champ11 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:40 pm

GatorOnEnemyTurf wrote:Zach
Great info ......very interesting ..with applying for EE...what is the potential talent comparing Walker to the three official visits ?

IDK but Walker is #35 in the ESPN rankings. When we lost him to Bama back in the fall
it really bothered me. Taking him from Bama would be a statement committ to
me.
Mus_champ11
All-American Gator

Postby elvislisa » Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:29 am

Well...while I love any juicy info on a flip, I think this one is purely a dream for UF fans.
Last edited by elvislisa on Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
elvislisa
Redshirt Gator

Postby GatorKen » Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:30 am

6'4 280 kid has some size to him. would be a good grab.
oxrageous wrote:Ken and I are now officially best friends.

I want an OC with the mentality of a High School Jr on Prom night rather than a guy who's been married 20 years and has 4 children.
GatorKen
Bull Gator

Postby Zach Abolverdi » Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:26 am

elvislisa,

Not saying Demarcus is flipping, just reporting he is filling out an application at Florida and it's a possibility.
Zach Abolverdi
GatorSports Writer

Postby Speedytilian87 » Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:50 am

Zach Abolverdi wrote:elvislisa,

Not saying Demarcus was flipping, just reporting he is filling out an application at Florida and it's a possibility.

Zach....

DeMarcus Walker ‏@livinglegend_44
I am NOT applying for early enrollment at UF. Contrary to what is being reported; I will be flying to AL following the UA game to enroll!

may be one of those situations where you've gotta let a delicate situation fly under the radar, no?
Gator Since: 2006
Alumni: UF Poli Sci '10
Dorm: Weaver
High School City: Deerfield Beach
Current City: Gainesville

Speedytilian87
Senior Gator

Postby gatorspook » Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:53 am

Speedytilian87 wrote:
Zach Abolverdi wrote:elvislisa,

Never said Demarcus was flipping, just reporting he is filling out an application at Florida (that is not false) and it's a possibility.

Zach....

DeMarcus Walker ‏@livinglegend_44
I am NOT applying for early enrollment at UF. Contrary to what is being reported; I will be flying to AL following the UA game to enroll!

may be one of those situations where you've gotta let a delicate situation fly under the radar, no?

It's not delicate if it is from the players own actions. DW could have kept it quiet, why is it Zach's place?
gatorspook

Postby alcoholica » Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:07 am

some of these kids are under intense pressure and they want to do things under the radar. I think Fowler kind of liked the game a little bit, but even he said he didn't want to deal with FSU coaches hounding him. I get the feeling that Walker is probably more introverted and is already tired of it all. Also, he could have been applying for many reasons, including to make his family happy, to keep an option open, anything. I'd like to see him in Orange and Blue, but we've got a couple weeks to wait this out.
alcoholica
Heisman Gator

Postby Zach Abolverdi » Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:45 am

I stand by what I reported, folks. This is/was true and was news. I wasn't asked to keep it quiet. If I had been, I would have complied. I ALWAYS do. If DeMarcus is going to deny or change his mind about applying because of a message board post, that's out of my control. I wasn't trying to hurt him or UF. I was doing my job, just like I did last year with Dante Fowler.
Zach Abolverdi
GatorSports Writer

Postby GatorOnEnemyTurf » Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:07 am

Appreciate the news.......Zach
GatorOnEnemyTurf
True Gator

Postby Gatorbythebay » Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:40 am

Zach Abolverdi wrote:I stand by what I reported, folks. This is/was true and was news. I wasn't asked to keep it quiet. If I had been, I would have complied. I ALWAYS do. If DeMarcus is going to deny or change his mind about applying because of a message board post, that's out of my control. I wasn't trying to hurt him or UF. I was doing my job, just like I did last year with Dante Fowler.

Anyone who pays attention and has followed your work knows this. So don't pay attention to him. Good work as always
Gatorbythebay
Head Ball Coach

Postby scooby321 » Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:42 am

Zach does a heck of a Job for keeping us informed. I live most of the year less than a hour away from Clemson. Let me tell you something is not right there on their Recruiting from Sammy Watkins onward. I know they had Danny Ford scandals ( Bear product and now Sweeney). Clemson is a cow town for a young black male there is nothing to do there at all.
Last edited by scooby321 on Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
scooby321
Heisman Gator

Postby Gators#1 » Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:56 am

scooby321 wrote:Zach does a heck of a Job for krrping us informed. I live most of the year less than a hour away from Clemson. Let me tell you something is not right there on their Recruiting from Sammy Watkins onward. I know they had Danny Ford scandals ( Bear product and now Sweeney). Clemson is a cow town for a young black male there is nothing to do there at all.

It's obvious what is going on at Clemson. The question is what does the NCAA do about it? Miami, Clemson, Kiffenville again, now Ole Miss are all doing shady things. Yes Ole Miss. There is a Kiffin on that staff also. All these top ranked recruits considering them is very shady!
Gators#1
Freshman Gator

Postby Gatorbythebay » Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:31 pm

scooby321 wrote:Zach does a heck of a Job for krrping us informed. I live most of the year less than a hour away from Clemson. Let me tell you something is not right there on their Recruiting from Sammy Watkins onward. I know they had Danny Ford scandals ( Bear product and now Sweeney). Clemson is a cow town for a young black male there is nothing to do there at all.

Cj Spiller was the most obvious IMO
Gatorbythebay
Head Ball Coach

Postby CGgater » Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:09 pm

Gatorbythebay wrote:
Zach Abolverdi wrote:I stand by what I reported, folks. This is/was true and was news. I wasn't asked to keep it quiet. If I had been, I would have complied. I ALWAYS do. If DeMarcus is going to deny or change his mind about applying because of a message board post, that's out of my control. I wasn't trying to hurt him or UF. I was doing my job, just like I did last year with Dante Fowler.

Anyone who pays attention and has followed your work knows this. So don't pay attention to him. Good work as always

+1!

Zach, don't pay attention to the drive-by posters! The regulars on the GSMB appreciate your hard work. In fact, we wish a couple of senior staffers at least APPEARED to work as hard as you do. Rock on, Zach!
CGgater
All-American Gator

Postby Ga Gator » Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:26 pm

Keep up the good work Zach; I am hearing a lot of rumors up in NE Ga that Saban might actually head to the Cleveland Browns and I am sure the recruits are also.
Ga Gator
Senior Gator

Next

Return to Recruiting Board