Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

Lane talks UF visit, Alex Collins

A forum for ALL Gator recruiting info, as well as recruiting updates of Gator opponents. ONLY RECRUITING-RELATED THREADS ARE ALLOWED!

Moderators: Recruiting Moderator, Moderator, Site Administrators

Lane talks UF visit, Alex Collins

Postby Zach Abolverdi » Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:15 am

Just spoke with UF running back commit Adam Lane. He said his official visit was a fun experience and he enjoyed hanging out with Matt Jones.

As for Alex Collins, Lane said the coaches put together a great visit for him and he doesn't see how someone wouldn't want to come to Florida after a trip like that. Lane thinks a tailback trio with him, Taylor and Collins would be a great idea and he hopes that it happens.
Follow me on Twitter @ http://twitter.com/ZachAbolverdi
Request me on Facebook @ http://facebook.com/ZachAbolverdi
Zach Abolverdi
GatorSports Writer

Re: Lane talks UF visit, Alex Collins

Postby Zach Abolverdi » Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:18 am

Lane added that Collins didn't commit this weekend, but he thinks Florida has the lead.
Follow me on Twitter @ http://twitter.com/ZachAbolverdi
Request me on Facebook @ http://facebook.com/ZachAbolverdi
Zach Abolverdi
GatorSports Writer

Postby gatorJ » Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:52 am

Great news Zach!
oxrageous wrote:Well you're sure in for a surprise. Peasant.
gatorJ
Head Ball Coach

Postby 8802gator » Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:47 pm

We are going from no running backs to what could be the best stable of backs in the country. Can't wait to watch Jones, Lane and Taylor together. If Collins comes as well it is just a luxury at this point.
"I want to thank God for makin' me a Gator" - Chandler Parsons
8802gator
Heisman Gator

Postby Homer J » Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:42 pm

Unless Collins can return punts and kicks, the two we have coming in will be fine. I would rather have a DT that can come in and compete right away.
Homer J
Head Ball Coach

Postby ltraz » Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:47 pm

Homer J wrote:Unless Collins can return punts and kicks, the two we have coming in will be fine. I would rather have a DT that can come in and compete right away.

Have you watched film on Collins? There's a reason CWM is going after him even though he didn't really even go after Greg Bryant.
ltraz
Heisman Gator

Postby NoVa Gator » Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:32 pm

Homer J wrote:Unless Collins can return punts and kicks, the two we have coming in will be fine. I would rather have a DT that can come in and compete right away.

Collins is a five-star RB recruit. When was the last time we signed a five-star RB? A five-star DT recruit would be great addition to any roster and could compete right away. I believe Floyd was a five-star DT recruit for UF. He turned out well for us.
NoVa Gator
Heisman Gator

Postby Mus_champ11 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:50 pm

I believe strongly that we need a top notch DT. Caleb Brantley is not of that
quality. Our DT recruits this year are not in Floyd's league. Everyone
talks about how great we are going to be next year.

But their in for a rude awakening when they see teams run it up the middle.
Although it wont be as bad as i thought since Easely did NOT put in paperwork for the NFL. But DT is a huge need and I'm not joking.
Mus_champ11
All-American Gator

Postby Ga Gator » Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:55 pm

There will not be anyone running it consistently up the middle on us next year. I have enough confidence to know this staff can adjust to anything.
Ga Gator
Senior Gator

Postby Homer J » Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:04 pm

NoVa Gator wrote:

Collins is a five-star RB recruit. When was the last time we signed a five-star RB? A five-star DT recruit would be great addition to any roster and could compete right away. I believe Floyd was a five-star DT recruit for UF. He turned out well for us.

Unless we have a few more NFL goers or transfers, we don't have spots left to take anyone we want. We need run stuffers or LBs more than another RB.
Homer J
Head Ball Coach

Postby alcoholica » Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:28 pm

If Mack Brown and Chris Johnson both leave, we may NEED another quality back. I'm sure the staff probably knows by now if there's a chance of that happening. Also, we know that Muschamp is a numbers guy when it comes to roster spots, does anyone know what he wants at RB? We are losing Gillislee and Hines for sure, just a 3rd loss may cause for a 3rd recruit?
alcoholica
Heisman Gator

Postby Coach9 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:07 pm

It's not like we are turning away 5-star DTs.
Seems like DT is one of the harder positions to project anyway. We have had more than our share of 5-star DTs that didn't work out for previous staffs.
Coach9
Head Ball Coach

Postby ltraz » Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:04 pm

Mus_champ11 wrote:I believe strongly that we need a top notch DT. Caleb Brantley is not of that

Although it wont be as bad as i thought since Easely did NOT put in paperwork for the NFL. But DT is a huge need and I'm not joking.

You don't think the #7 DT in the country is good enough? You're right though...he's not in Floyd's league out of high school. We should just sign the top DT every year. What is CWM thinking? Since you clarified I will too...I am joking.

So next year, we'll start Easley and Orr and have back-ups of of Jacobs and Cummings (not even taking into account that our DEs will both be ~ 280# & our OLB will be #250) and you think teams are going to just run all over us?
ltraz
Heisman Gator

Postby ALG8ter » Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:10 pm

If I had my choice I would take Adams over Collins. I think we will be more than fine with Jones, Lane, and Taylor (assuming Brown transfers) for next year. However, realistically I don't think we get Adams. In that case we should take the best available
ALG8ter
Redshirt Gator

Postby alcoholica » Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:19 pm

Adams over Collins is a no brainer at this point. But can we get him? Will he develop? So on and so on. I think we have met our needs, so let's fill out the class with the best available who want to be Gators. Don't we already have a top DT prospect in next years class?
alcoholica
Heisman Gator

Postby gatorJ » Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:14 am

ltraz wrote:
Mus_champ11 wrote:I believe strongly that we need a top notch DT. Caleb Brantley is not of that

You don't think the #7 DT in the country is good enough? You're right though...he's not in Floyd's league out of high school. We should just sign the top DT every year. What is CWM thinking? Since you clarified I will too...I am joking.

So next year, we'll start Easley and Orr and have back-ups of of Jacobs and Cummings (not even taking into account that our DEs wiTll both be ~ 280# & our OLB will be #250) and you think teams are going to just run all over us?

There are more busts at DT than any other position in recruiting. I would rather recruits big bodied DTs like Caleb then spend all of my time on DTs high on stars. For some reason no recruiting service is very accurate with this position. I'll trust in Champ.
oxrageous wrote:Well you're sure in for a surprise. Peasant.
gatorJ
Head Ball Coach

Postby Kurtis Lowe » Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:28 am

alcoholica wrote:Adams over Collins is a no brainer at this point. But can we get him? Will he develop? So on and so on. I think we have met our needs, so let's fill out the class with the best available who want to be Gators. Don't we already have a top DT prospect in next years class?

Great points! +100

For some reason, alot of folks here seem to think we will be dangerously thin at DT with the departures of Floyd and Hunter. With two true DT's currently committed, and another '14 DT commit, I'd say we're reloading at worst.

Looking at this current class from a thousand feet, I believe we've met our needs across the board.

Adding additional depth to one position (RB) does not always mean another is being neglected.

Point is, we have room for 7 to 9 more (max) prospects. This staff is not diliberating between Collins/Adams and who they should take here. If they want to be Gators, we'd take'em both.
Because the ACC just doesn't prepare you.
Kurtis Lowe
All-American Gator

Postby GatorKen » Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:09 am

if Collins and Adams want to come to UF then there will be room.
oxrageous wrote:Ken and I are now officially best friends.

I want an OC with the mentality of a High School Jr on Prom night rather than a guy who's been married 20 years and has 4 children.
GatorKen
Bull Gator

Postby Gatorbythebay » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:03 am

You take who wants to be at UF. Adams looks to have more interest in Clemson and UGA from what I have read, and Collins is showing a ton of interest in UF. When is Adams coming on his official visit? Some of you think that we should close with Adams, Treadwell, and Ramsey. That would be amazing, but the truth is the kids have to want to come here too and two of those three have not shown much interest at all. The one that has, Ramsey, is being heavily recruited because of that fact. You say UF needs more LBs? There are four in this class, I am not sure how many more you want because the more you get the higher chance of losing one of the committed is. Bottom line is anyone complaining about this class is stupid and I suggest they should look at the class rankings before complaining too much.
Gatorbythebay
Head Ball Coach

Postby dp 83 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:54 am

Some of these posts are laughable. When was the last time a true freshman made an impact at DT for UF? It's much easier and frequent that an impact is made at RB than DL for a freshman. If Collins wants to come, sign him.
dp 83
True Gator

Next

Return to Recruiting Board