Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 4 guests

Julius Randle

A forum for ALL Gator recruiting info, as well as recruiting updates of Gator opponents. ONLY RECRUITING-RELATED THREADS ARE ALLOWED!

Moderators: Recruiting Moderator, Moderator, Site Administrators

Julius Randle

Postby GatorSky » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:51 pm

Do we have any shot at getting him in this basketball class?
"What the hell are you guys doing?" "Puttin' on the foil coach"... "yeah, every game"... "want some?"
GatorSky
Senior Gator

Re: Julius Randle

Postby Gators79 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:13 pm

GatorSky wrote:Do we have any shot at getting him in this basketball class?

My guess is no. I think he is all Kansas . People say we don't need him because of what we having coming in and transfers but I believe we need him. However there is a 6'7 dude UF is looking at now.
Gators79
Heisman Gator

Postby GatorSky » Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:42 pm

Who is the 6'7" dude?
"What the hell are you guys doing?" "Puttin' on the foil coach"... "yeah, every game"... "want some?"
GatorSky
Senior Gator

Postby Gators79 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:20 pm

Gators79
Heisman Gator

Postby WobbleGator » Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:24 pm

GatorSky wrote:Do we have any shot at getting him in this basketball class?

no
WobbleGator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby GatorBart » Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:42 pm

Cool. Since Randle is looking like an outside chance, we needed another swingman recruit and Given's looks to fill that bill.
GatorBart
Head Ball Coach

Postby GatorSky » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:58 pm

Thank you for the info!
GatorSky
Senior Gator

Postby scooby321 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:31 pm

I don't understand. Billy's players are doing well in the NBA. David Lee , Noel, Al Hortford. Matt Bonner and even Corey Brewer. Kansas I can't name any player that is just a role player
scooby321
Heisman Gator

Postby GatorBart » Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:10 pm

scooby321 wrote:I don't understand. Billy's players are doing well in the NBA. David Lee , Noah, Al Horford. Matt Bonner and even Corey Brewer. Kansas I can't name any player that is just a role player

FIFY
Also add Haslem and Miller (in their prime, more than just role players) and Beal (though he was a one-and-done he remains a Gator and actively supports the Gators).
It is a head scratcher why Billy can't get more top notch bigs to come to UF though, given the success of Haslem, Lee, Noah and Horford (even Speights for that matter).
Maybe the 2 transfers (Harris and Finney-Smith) and Chris Walker can change the perception?
GatorBart
Head Ball Coach

Postby GatorBart » Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:13 pm

GatorBart wrote:
scooby321 wrote:I don't understand. Billy's players are doing well in the NBA. David Lee , Noah, Al Horford. Matt Bonner and even Corey Brewer. Kansas I can't name any player that is just a role player

FIFY
Also add Haslem and Miller (in their prime, more than just role players) and Beal (though he was a one-and-done he remains a Gator and actively supports the Gators).
It is a head scratcher why Billy can't get more top notch bigs to come to UF though, given the success of Haslem, Lee, Noah and Horford (even Speights for that matter).
Maybe the 2 transfers (Harris and Finney-Smith) and Chris Walker can change the perception?

Oh, and Parsons. How could I forget Chandler - he's doing very well with the Rockets as he creates mismatches with his ability to play outside, handle the ball and shoot the 3 (for someone who's 6'9").
GatorBart
Head Ball Coach

Postby muddycorey » Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:41 am

scooby321 wrote:I don't understand. Billy's players are doing well in the NBA. David Lee , Noel, Al Hortford. Matt Bonner and even Corey Brewer. Kansas I can't name any player that is just a role player

The answer to this question will always be simply that we are Florida, and no matter how many games and championships Billy wins here....every kid knows that football is king, and there's not another school in the country with a high-caliber football program and basketball program. (and before anyone mentions OSU and Michigan...please.)

I think Billy might have a reputation to work his players and make them earn their time on the court. If the kid wants an easier route to the court, then they're probably not going to choose UF. If they're willing to work to earn his spot, then Billy will be right in it until the end.
muddycorey
Senior Gator

Postby WobbleGator » Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:33 pm

muddycorey wrote:
scooby321 wrote:I don't understand. Billy's players are doing well in the NBA. David Lee , Noel, Al Hortford. Matt Bonner and even Corey Brewer. Kansas I can't name any player that is just a role player

The answer to this question will always be simply that we are Florida, and no matter how many games and championships Billy wins here....every kid knows that football is king, and there's not another school in the country with a high-caliber football program and basketball program. (and before anyone mentions OSU and Michigan...please.)

I think Billy might have a reputation to work his players and make them earn their time on the court. If the kid wants an easier route to the court, then they're probably not going to choose UF. If they're willing to work to earn his spot, then Billy will be right in it until the end.

Loiusville? :lol:
WobbleGator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby Gators79 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:16 pm

The 6-foot-9, five-star forward from Plano (Texas) Prestonwood Christian confirmed to Rivals.com that he would announce his college choice from his finalists of Florida, Kansas, Kentucky, N.C. State, Oklahoma and Texas on March 20.

As for his final destination, Randle has yet to give any hints. He's just looking forward to ending the recruiting process.

"I'm extremely excited to get this over with so I can just focus on basketball," Randle said. "I feel like I'll make the best decision for me and will be happy to move on from there."
Gators79
Heisman Gator

Postby GatorBart » Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:23 pm

Gators79 wrote:The 6-foot-9, five-star forward from Plano (Texas) Prestonwood Christian confirmed to Rivals.com that he would announce his college choice from his finalists of Florida, Kansas, Kentucky, N.C. State, Oklahoma and Texas on March 20.

As for his final destination, Randle has yet to give any hints. He's just looking forward to ending the recruiting process.

"I'm extremely excited to get this over with so I can just focus on basketball," Randle said. "I feel like I'll make the best decision for me and will be happy to move on from there."

My guess is Kansas. Just don't see him joining the Gators to compete with Harris, Finney-Smith, Walker (and possibly Young). Kentucky is going to be full up (since some of there supposed one-and-doners will likely be around next year) and Kansas is the better choice between NCS, OK, and TX.
GatorBart
Head Ball Coach

Postby Double Gator Dad » Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:29 pm

WobbleGator wrote:
muddycorey wrote:

Louisville? Really?
They last won a championship in basketball in the early 80's. I am back to the 1920's and I still cannot find a championship in football. Maybe Bama will award them one in another twenty years or so when they go back again and claim a couple more for themselves.
Double Gator Dad
All-American Gator

Postby GatorBart » Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:39 pm

Double Gator Dad wrote:
WobbleGator wrote:
muddycorey wrote:

Louisville? Really?
They last won a championship in basketball in the early 80's. I am back to the 1920's and I still cannot find a championship in football. Maybe Bama will award them one in another twenty years or so when they go back again and claim a couple more for themselves.

Pretty sure the :D on Wobble's post was meant to be :sarcasm: since they beat us in the Elite 8 last year in BB and the Sugarbowl in FB. ;)
GatorBart
Head Ball Coach

Postby Gators79 » Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:29 pm

Surfing the other night and found this site.
Pretty good information for BB

http://gatorhoopsrecruits.com/

and yes it is free
Gators79
Heisman Gator

Postby WobbleGator » Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:19 am

GatorBart wrote:
Double Gator Dad wrote:
WobbleGator wrote:
muddycorey wrote:

Louisville? Really?

Pretty sure the :D on Wobble's post was meant to be :sarcasm: since they beat us in the Elite 8 last year in BB and the Sugarbowl in FB. ;)

You would be correct Bart. Sad that you had to explain that.
WobbleGator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby SC Gator » Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:30 pm

Kentucky. Unreal. Thought and hoped Kansas if not us.
In all kinds of weather.
SC Gator
Heisman Gator

Postby NVGator » Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:31 pm

And Randle just commits to Calimari and Kentuckey. Amazing how this guy pulls in the talent.
Failure is not fatal, but failure to change might be.
John Wooden

Coach9 wrote:8-4 Should always be considered a bad year at Florida. That should be our lower limit. Undefeated down to 8-4 should be our window.
NVGator
Bull Gator

Next

Return to Recruiting Board