Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 6 guests

James Clark UPDATE

A forum for ALL Gator recruiting info, as well as recruiting updates of Gator opponents. ONLY RECRUITING-RELATED THREADS ARE ALLOWED!

Moderators: Recruiting Moderator, Moderator, Site Administrators

Re: James Clark UPDATE

Postby Zach Abolverdi » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:43 pm

GatorKen wrote:this is the kid who said he would commit as soon as UF gave him an offer right? Not hating, I just am curious.

He never said that, it was just assumed about a month ago because he didn't have many offers at the time. Schools such as Clemson, Ohio State and Texas have since offered him. UF can't just swoop in and easily pick him up anymore.
Follow me on Twitter @ http://twitter.com/ZachAbolverdi
Request me on Facebook @ http://facebook.com/ZachAbolverdi
Zach Abolverdi
GatorSports Writer

Postby GatorKen » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:20 pm

Zach Abolverdi wrote:
GatorKen wrote:this is the kid who said he would commit as soon as UF gave him an offer right? Not hating, I just am curious.

He never said that, it was just assumed about a month ago because he didn't have many offers at the time. Schools such as Clemson, Ohio State and Texas have since offered him. UF can't just swoop in and easily pick him up anymore.

oh okay, thanks.
oxrageous wrote:Ken and I are now officially best friends.

I want an OC with the mentality of a High School Jr on Prom night rather than a guy who's been married 20 years and has 4 children.
GatorKen
Bull Gator

Postby Gatorphan » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:36 pm

Zach Abolverdi wrote:

Why is it that UF waited so long to offer?
"Fundamentals are the crutch of the talentless" - Kenny Powers
Gatorphan
Heisman Gator

Postby law98gator » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:13 am

Because he's a marginal prospect that doesn't really fit the system?
ufgator812. wrote:Fvck them all. Fvck Richt, Herschel, Will Muschamp, Larry Munson, Deborah Norville, Lindsey Scott (fvck him twice), Vince Dooley (and all of his family, friends and neighbors), R.E.M and the B-52's... Yes, Fvck them all.
law98gator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby Mr. Eko » Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:05 am

Think we waited just a little too long to offer. With UF having 5 WRs now, I just have a feeling he will pick Clemson or Ohio State.

I do believe UF was what he wanted 6 or 7 weeks ago. Now, I think he needs to be back on campus to pick UF whether it is official or not. No inside info...just a feeling.
Mr. Eko
True Gator

Postby Vatgator » Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:14 am

This sucks - I'm tired of out-of-state schools coming in our backyard and picking up players.

Who the hell would want to play at OSU over the SEC?
Vatgator
True Gator

Postby Ancient Reptile » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:47 pm

Vatgator wrote:This sucks - I'm tired of out-of-state schools coming in our backyard and picking up players.

Hmmmmmm. Maybe someone who had been ignored and pushed to the back burner for virtually the entire recruiting season? I really like the guy's video; I hope we put a full court press on him.
Ancient Reptile
Heisman Gator

Postby FunnGun » Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:30 pm

Good news. Official or unofficial doesn't matter. What matters is getting him on campus for the last visit and preferably with his parents in tow.

James Clark ‏@GotEmCoach2
I'm Taking an Unofficial Visit To The University of Florida February 2nd!
FunnGun
Gatorsports Legend

Postby the-color-blue » Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:39 pm

Ancient Reptile wrote:
Vatgator wrote:This sucks - I'm tired of out-of-state schools coming in our backyard and picking up players.

Hmmmmmm. Maybe someone who had been ignored and pushed to the back burner for virtually the entire recruiting season? I really like the guy's video; I hope we put a full court press on him.

no one had heard of him early in the process.... we were actually the first big time school on him and the coaching staff followed protocol and saw him work out in person before offering, just like bailey and thompson. also he fits the system fine at 5'11 and being a great route runner already and very good at high pointing the ball, making him actually more college ready than either bailey or thompson.
the-color-blue
Freshman Gator

Postby Travis McGee » Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:00 pm

He's 6'2" and 210 pounds, not 5'11".
Travis McGee
Senior Gator

Postby MrSwampy » Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:06 pm

I think you're confused...
MrSwampy
Freshman Gator

Postby GATOR_ACE2002 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:10 pm

MrSwampy wrote:I think you're confused...

I do to,,, I think he saw the OLB from Sebastian, FL
GATOR_ACE2002
Baby Gator

Postby law98gator » Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:19 pm

Travis McGee wrote:He's 6'2" and 210 pounds, not 5'11".

Maybe, if he's wearing two helmets.

And 5'11" is with one helmet. I remember they said Quez Green was 5'10" or 5'11" as a recruit.

Clark is 5'6" or 5'7" I think.
ufgator812. wrote:Fvck them all. Fvck Richt, Herschel, Will Muschamp, Larry Munson, Deborah Norville, Lindsey Scott (fvck him twice), Vince Dooley (and all of his family, friends and neighbors), R.E.M and the B-52's... Yes, Fvck them all.
law98gator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby Travis McGee » Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:21 pm

oops.
Travis McGee
Senior Gator

Postby the-color-blue » Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:43 pm

law98gator wrote:
Travis McGee wrote:He's 6'2" and 210 pounds, not 5'11".

Maybe, if he's wearing two helmets.

And 5'11" is with one helmet. I remember they said Quez Green was 5'10" or 5'11" as a recruit.

Clark is 5'6" or 5'7" I think.

see you say that.... but he is listed at 5'11 by everyone
the-color-blue
Freshman Gator

Postby law98gator » Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:13 pm

I know. They all are a couple of inches taller and a couple of tenths of a second faster. The linemen are always weighed at 15 or 20 lbs heavier. :)

I don't really care. If the coaches like him, they like him. I think he looks like a project as a receiver.

As I always said when I was getting attacked in the smurf years, the problem wasn't that we were undersized at one position, it was that we were undersized at most positions (and specifically every running back and receiver).
law98gator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby Ancient Reptile » Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:10 pm

the-color-blue wrote:
Ancient Reptile wrote:

no one had heard of him early in the process.... we were actually the first big time school on him and the coaching staff followed protocol and saw him work out in person before offering, just like bailey and thompson. also he fits the system fine at 5'11 and being a great route runner already and very good at high pointing the ball, making him actually more college ready than either bailey or thompson.

Thanks. Good to know.
Ancient Reptile
Heisman Gator

Postby the-color-blue » Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:17 pm

law98gator wrote:I know. They all are a couple of inches taller and a couple of tenths of a second faster. The linemen are always weighed at 15 or 20 lbs heavier. :)

I don't really care. If the coaches like him, they like him. I think he looks like a project as a receiver.

As I always said when I was getting attacked in the smurf years, the problem wasn't that we were undersized at one position, it was that we were undersized at most positions (and specifically every running back and receiver).

yeah my rule of thumb is if listed at 5'11 then between 5'9 and 5'11. if listed at 5'9 then 5'6 to 5'9 and so on and so forth yeah i think he showed good outside technique for a little guy, built tons of cushion on curls, come backs and in routes.... realy turned the corner around and then broke back but could work in the slot with the fly/go/fade combos we will work with the new big receivers out wide... god it is only jan 24th i need to calm down :embarrassed:
the-color-blue
Freshman Gator

Postby divits888 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:18 pm

law98gator wrote:I know. They all are a couple of inches taller and a couple of tenths of a second faster. The linemen are always weighed at 15 or 20 lbs heavier. :)

Especially in 2006 and 2008. Midgets I tell ya’, midgets!
divits888
Bull Gator

Postby law98gator » Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:11 am

We didn't rely on midget RBs. We let a 245 lb bull run 30 times a game, then let the smurfs run wide when the defense was tired and broken. Or unleash Percy on them.

That works fine. But smurfs only, 2009 and 2010, clearly doesn't work.
law98gator
Gatorsports Legend

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting Board