Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Alagator, Clawhammergator, digitalwangsta, Google Adsense [Bot] and 53 guests

Alabama Recruiting

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Site Administrators, Moderator

Alabama Recruiting

Postby ccsdk » Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:18 am

Just heard that Nick Saban feels that they are working on the best recruiting class that he has ever had.
Ugh!
-GG
ccsdk
Senior Gator

Re: Alabama Recruiting

Postby NVGator » Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:40 am

I'm sure he is. Every year is better than the last.
Failure is not fatal, but failure to change might be.
John Wooden

Coach9 wrote:8-4 Should always be considered a bad year at Florida. That should be our lower limit. Undefeated down to 8-4 should be our window.
NVGator
Bull Gator

Postby InstiGATOR » Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:49 am

ccsdk wrote:Just heard that Nick Saban feels that they are working on the best recruiting class that he has ever had.
Ugh!
-GG

Why the Ugh? You do realize that you are talking about a program that has won a single SEC title in the last 3 years? It is not like they are the mid 1990s Spurrier program at UF or something.
InstiGATOR
True Gator

Postby rogdochar » Sun Dec 15, 2013 3:37 am

How many have decommitted and how many transferred ?
Process of making room for better players ?
rogdochar
Gatorsports Legend

Postby TN G8tr » Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:25 am

Same ole Nick. He'll gray, red, yellow, black, purple, and pink shirt all these guys. He's almost got the Bear mentality. Sign them all then no one else gets them. Sure he gets about a dozen more analysts approved as well.
"Wake her *** up, we got a game to play."
TN G8tr
Bull Gator

Postby Homer J » Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:52 am

TN G8tr wrote:Same ole Nick. He'll gray, red, yellow, black, purple, and pink shirt all these guys. He's almost got the Bear mentality. Sign them all then no one else gets them. Sure he gets about a dozen more analysts approved as well.

Do you know why he does that? Because he can.
Homer J
Head Ball Coach

Postby Gouryella » Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:18 am

InstiGATOR wrote:
ccsdk wrote:Just heard that Nick Saban feels that they are working on the best recruiting class that he has ever had.
Ugh!
-GG

Why the Ugh? You do realize that you are talking about a program that has won a single SEC title in the last 3 years? It is not like they are the mid 1990s Spurrier program at UF or something.

Outside of that fluke FG return. I think Bama would have curbstomped Mizzou and FSU. In fact, there's little doubt in my mind. An Auburn buddy of mine said that 9/10 Bama beats the Barn. The SEC is just so loaded now. It is a minefield.
Gouryella
Heisman Gator

Postby Gator Fever » Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:43 am

Saban was lucky the BCS bailed him out a few times with a late loss. He has only won 2 SEC Championships at Bama in 7 years, Spurrier won 5 in his first 7 years.
" But understand we are not changing who we are philosophically on offense" - Coach Will Muschamp...
Gator Fever
Bull Gator

Postby scooby321 » Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:17 am

Auburn has won more than he has in the last 10 years from his own State.
scooby321
Heisman Gator

Postby TN G8tr » Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:25 am

Homer J wrote:
TN G8tr wrote:Same ole Nick. He'll gray, red, yellow, black, purple, and pink shirt all these guys. He's almost got the Bear mentality. Sign them all then no one else gets them. Sure he gets about a dozen more analysts approved as well.

Precisely my point.
"Wake her *** up, we got a game to play."
TN G8tr
Bull Gator

Postby InstiGATOR » Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:49 am

Gouryella wrote:Outside of that fluke FG return. I think Bama would have curbstomped Mizzou and FSU. In fact, there's little doubt in my mind. An Auburn buddy of mine said that 9/10 Bama beats the Barn. The SEC is just so loaded now. It is a minefield.

Coulda, woulda, shoulda, the SEC is no more a mind field now that anytime. The UAL PR staff/fans are really good at arguing their way in the the BCS game. To bad their football team is not as good at football as their PR staff/fans are at arguing.

The facts are still 1 SEC title in 3 years and NOT any dominance like the mid 1990s UF teams.
InstiGATOR
True Gator

Postby Gator Fever » Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:54 am

scooby321 wrote:Auburn has won more than he has in the last 10 years from his own State.

That would be a good trivia question along with how many SEC Championships does Bama have under Saban.
" But understand we are not changing who we are philosophically on offense" - Coach Will Muschamp...
Gator Fever
Bull Gator

Postby JR78 » Sun Dec 15, 2013 12:59 pm

InstiGATOR wrote:
Gouryella wrote:Outside of that fluke FG return. I think Bama would have curbstomped Mizzou and FSU. In fact, there's little doubt in my mind. An Auburn buddy of mine said that 9/10 Bama beats the Barn. The SEC is just so loaded now. It is a minefield.

Coulda, woulda, shoulda, the SEC is no more a mind field now that anytime. The UAL PR staff/fans are really good at arguing their way in the the BCS game. To bad their football team is not as good at football as their PR staff/fans are at arguing.

The facts are still 1 SEC title in 3 years and NOT any dominance like the mid 1990s UF teams.

I would take three national titles and two SEC titles in four years over four SEC titles and one national title.
JR78
Senior Gator

Postby rogdochar » Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:16 pm

My think is that no SEC PR puts any SEC teams into the NC games.
SEC teams wind up where they do by the "eye-test" of all evaluators,
even with some prejudiced against the SEC and south CFB. Now, the
accuracy of such SEC "chosen" evaluations, the SEC proves fully sound
by winning all those NC games … and they're poised for another.

The sayers of "enough SEC in these NC games" were hoping for
Alabama to falter enough to be kept out, then dang if Auburn didn't
look too exciting to keep out. Again the SEC has an NC horse in it.
Oh how they would love the Big 10(12) vs the ACC … with the Big
winning out. And that final farce-game of easy SOS competitors'
contest would be a falsehood touted as the "new truth" … those
bullies from the SEC aren't on top anymore.
rogdochar
Gatorsports Legend

Postby lagator » Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:26 pm

Homer J wrote:

The same reason a dog licks his balls?
lagator
Heisman Gator

Postby rllrll » Sun Dec 15, 2013 3:59 pm

If he's breaking the rules then UF should bust his chops or petition the SEC & NCAA for rule changes. If he gets no heat and what he does is legal then maybe he is smarter than UF.
rllrll
Freshman Gator

Postby JR78 » Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:03 pm

rllrll wrote:

If he's breaking the rules then UF should bust his chops or petition the SEC & NCAA for rule changes. If he gets no heat and what he does is legal then maybe he is smarter than UF.

Good point.
JR78
Senior Gator

Postby LBSpikes » Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:06 pm

Not really a thread needed for this. :lol: It's well known, every year same story. Rich get richer... Wish Texas could have hired Saban!
LBSpikes
Bull Gator

Postby floridagator » Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:13 pm

lagator wrote:
Homer J wrote:

The same reason a dog licks his balls?

Not just cause he can but because he wants to win and refuses to be mediocre. Champ could learn something from him
floridagator
Heisman Gator

Return to Gatorsports Forum