Who is online

Users browsing this forum: gardnerwebbalumnigator, gatorJ, gatormoe1, Google Adsense [Bot], MSNbot Media and 43 guests

Grass Not Always Greener

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Moderator, Site Administrators

Grass Not Always Greener

Postby ncargat1 » Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:19 pm

I feel badly for this kid ending his career with a knee injury. I just have to wonder if he would be looking at an NFL career right now if he had just stayed at Penn St and played in Bill O'brien's offense? Like they say, the grass is not always greener

LOS ANGELES -- USC senior tailback Silas Redd will likely miss the Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl because of a knee injury.

Redd suffered the original injury to his right knee after landing awkwardly at the end of a run against Cal on Nov. 9. He sat out games against Stanford and Colorado before returning against UCLA with five carries for 25 yards.

More from We Are SC

WeAreSC Everything USC, from recruiting to news to game coverage, is available in ESPN.com's WeAreSC.
More:
• ESPN Los Angeles' USC blog
• ESPN.com Recruiting coverage
• ESPN.com's Pac-12 blog

The Trojans had hoped to get Redd back for next Saturday's bowl game against Fresno State, but interim coach Clay Helton said that scenario is unlikely.

"Silas' knee is probably worse than expected, so we don't think he's going to make it right now," Helton said after the Saturday practice with Redd watching from the sidelines in sweatpants.

It has been an injury-plagued year for Redd. In addition to the current injury, he also missed the first five games of the season after an injury to his left knee in spring ball.

If he misses the bowl game, Redd will finish the 2013 season with 376 yards on 81 carries with one touchdown.

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/college-football/story/_/id/10138117/knee-usc-trojans-silas-redd-worse-expected-doubtful-royal-purple-las-vegas-bowl
If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace.
- Thomas Paine
ncargat1
Head Ball Coach

Re: Grass No Always Greener

Postby NVGator » Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:51 pm

Oh brother. Another title issue for Ox. Maybe he just needs to sticky the new rules at the top.
Failure is not fatal, but failure to change might be.
John Wooden

Coach9 wrote:8-4 Should always be considered a bad year at Florida. That should be our lower limit. Undefeated down to 8-4 should be our window.
NVGator
Bull Gator

Postby soflagator » Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:55 pm

When I read this title, I assumed it was my uncle Nunzio.

Nevermind, good read.
soflagator
Bull Gator

Postby Class of '78 » Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:57 pm

soflagator wrote:When I read this title, I assumed it was my uncle Nunzio.

Nevermind, good read.

Uncle No. :lol:
Class of '78
Bull Gator

Re: Grass Not Always Greener

Postby Soapasaurus » Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:45 pm

Hard to blame the guy for leaving Penn State given what the program allowed to happen.
Soapasaurus
Senior Gator

Postby ShowMeLove » Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:34 am

I'd rather get a knee injury than get anally raped in the shower.
ShowMeLove
Heisman Gator

Postby ncargat1 » Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:59 am

Soapasaurus wrote:Hard to blame the guy for leaving Penn State given what the program allowed to happen.

I do not think anyone blames the kid for what he did. He made a decision to jump to a program he thought was on top of the world and would help propel him to the NFL. I get it. It is only unfortunate that Lame shows up and screws up USC like he did Tennessee, yet we are seeing Bill O'brien prove himself to be a good coach, and really good offensive mind. The irony is that he would have been better off an PSU.
If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace.
- Thomas Paine
ncargat1
Head Ball Coach

Postby Gator Fever » Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:34 am

If he was an NFL pick at Penn State he probably is now but this injury hurts him there.
" But understand we are not changing who we are philosophically on offense" - Coach Will Muschamp...
Gator Fever
Bull Gator

Postby NavetG8r » Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:26 am

I'm pretty sure Gainesville Grass is greener. ;)
DCflorida wrote:"Oh that's right, I had totally forgotten that we were 4-8 and Muschamp sucks. Thanks for the reminder, I will go back to being miserable and angry now."
NavetG8r
Heisman Gator

Postby jand3k » Sun Dec 15, 2013 3:19 pm

ShowMeLove wrote:I'd rather get a knee injury than get anally raped in the shower.

You've obviously never had a knee injury then. ;)
jand3k
Head Ball Coach

Postby vulcan_alex » Sun Dec 15, 2013 3:24 pm

Soapasaurus wrote:Hard to blame the guy for leaving Penn State given what the program allowed to happen.

Perhaps I have an incorrect view but the "program" did not "allow" anything to happen. Top management allowed it to continue and there is as far as I know no evidence that the football program allowed it.
I am a "Vulcan" and try hard to keep things logical and without emotion. However as a "Vulcan" I have a highly emotional reaction mode for special occasions.
UF 1973 Physics
Miami Carol City
Financial Planning / Quality
Tn
vulcan_alex
Bull Gator

Postby ShowMeLove » Sun Dec 15, 2013 3:25 pm

jand3k wrote:
ShowMeLove wrote:I'd rather get a knee injury than get anally raped in the shower.

You've obviously never had a knee injury then. ;)

:laugh:
ShowMeLove
Heisman Gator

Return to Gatorsports Forum