Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Angry Narwhal, gatordad3, Google Adsense [Bot], happyhorseranch, Jabberdave, MSNbot Media and 58 guests

Cook has his mind made up

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Moderator, Site Administrators

Cook has his mind made up

Postby Zach Abolverdi » Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:15 pm

Follow me on Twitter @ http://twitter.com/ZachAbolverdi
Request me on Facebook @ http://facebook.com/ZachAbolverdi
Zach Abolverdi
GatorSports Writer

Re: Cook has mind his mind up

Postby NVGator » Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:29 pm

Oh boy... Wait till Ox sees this thread title.

Nice knowing you Zach. :bananabye:
Last edited by NVGator on Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Failure is not fatal, but failure to change might be.
John Wooden

Coach9 wrote:8-4 Should always be considered a bad year at Florida. That should be our lower limit. Undefeated down to 8-4 should be our window.
NVGator
Bull Gator

Postby GatorInKnox » Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:43 pm

NVGator wrote:Oh boy... Wait till Ox see this thread title.

Nice knowing you Zach. :bananabye:

:lol:
GatorInKnox
Head Ball Coach

Postby northflgator » Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:06 pm

I feel like he picks/stays with us. Just a gut feeling.
northflgator
Senior Gator

Postby MJMGator » Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:42 pm

northflgator wrote:I feel like he picks/stays with us. Just a gut feeling.

No way for anyone to know. I seriously doubt he's even decided, based on his commentary lately.
t-gator wrote:
Out of all those sperm cells I can't believe 561 one the race
MJMGator
Head Ball Coach

Re: Cook has made his mind up

Postby jnagator » Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:51 pm

Sounds like a smart kid to have a back up plan if we hire a dud....If we hire a proven OC or at least someone the kids can relate too I think he stays committed to Florida.
jnagator
Redshirt Gator

Postby Clawhammergator » Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:57 pm

I'd love to see cook in orange and blue... But I think Taylor is a better back and therefore I don't think cook will play immediately and it could result in another transfer. That or if Adam lane doesn't play he might transfer.
Clawhammergator
Heisman Gator

Postby northflgator » Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:03 pm

Clawhammergator wrote:I'd love to see cook in orange and blue... But I think Taylor is a better back and therefore I don't think cook will play immediately and it could result in another transfer. That or if Adam lane doesn't play he might transfer.

Have you seen his highlight film claw? Just imagine he and Taylor in a shotgun two back set. Two varying skill sets on the field together. :cool:
northflgator
Senior Gator

Postby Clawhammergator » Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:05 pm

northflgator wrote:
Clawhammergator wrote:I'd love to see cook in orange and blue... But I think Taylor is a better back and therefore I don't think cook will play immediately and it could result in another transfer. That or if Adam lane doesn't play he might transfer.

Have you seen his highlight film claw? Just imagine he and Taylor in a shotgun two back set. Two varying skill sets on the field together. :cool:

I have seen his highlight film, quite impressive just don't know if he will have the ability to make that early transition from high school to college. But yes I would love to see him in Gainesville. Him and Taylor could be quite the duo.
Clawhammergator
Heisman Gator

Postby GatorTAG » Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:18 pm

Clawhammergator wrote:
northflgator wrote:

I have seen his highlight film, quite impressive just don't know if he will have the ability to make that early transition from high school to college. But yes I would love to see him in Gainesville. Him and Taylor could be quite the duo.

Uh, yeah, it will be tougher for Cook since he only played 6A ball and Taylor played 2A. :rolleyes:
Swamp Queen wrote:I miss basketball just so you negative tards couldn't complain as much.
GatorTAG
Head Ball Coach

Postby t-gator » Sun Dec 15, 2013 12:15 am

I think it's a weird comment to say your commited to the gators untill the under armor game. Either way I hope he stays in this class I'm sure it's tough for a 17-18 year old kid.
t-gator
Heisman Gator

Postby Clawhammergator » Sun Dec 15, 2013 12:20 am

GatorTAG wrote:
Clawhammergator wrote:
northflgator wrote:

Uh, yeah, it will be tougher for Cook since he only played 6A ball and Taylor played 2A. :rolleyes:

What I'm trying to say is kelvin came in this year and played very well given the opportunity. We all know muschamp. If jones is healthy he will probably let him be starter with Mack brown and Taylor as well. So well see.
Clawhammergator
Heisman Gator

Postby suwanneegator » Sun Dec 15, 2013 12:48 am

IF, and that's a big if, Cook signs in February and if Kelvin Taylor continues to develop and make progress, Cook will be gone in 2 years. No way that his inflated ego lets him play behind Taylor and possibly Jones for 2 or 3 years. His statements makes him sound like he has a very large sense of entitlement and that he thinks the starting job should be his as soon as he hits campus.

But, by golly, he'll be a Heisman Trophy whiner, I mean winner, while he's here. Guaranteed!!!! :fireworks2: :fireworks2:
Why does orange and blue koolade leak out of my computer when I log on to GSMB?
suwanneegator
Freshman Gator

Postby Clawhammergator » Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:05 am

suwanneegator wrote:IF, and that's a big if, Cook signs in February and if Kelvin Taylor continues to develop and make progress, Cook will be gone in 2 years. No way that his inflated ego lets him play behind Taylor and possibly Jones for 2 or 3 years. His statements makes him sound like he has a very large sense of entitlement and that he thinks the starting job should be his as soon as he hits campus.
couldn't have said it better myself.

But, by golly, he'll be a Heisman Trophy whiner, I mean winner, while he's here. Guaranteed!!!! :fireworks2: :fireworks2:
Clawhammergator
Heisman Gator

Postby lgator » Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:54 am

suwanneegator wrote:IF, and that's a big if, Cook signs in February and if Kelvin Taylor continues to develop and make progress, Cook will be gone in 2 years. No way that his inflated ego lets him play behind Taylor and possibly Jones for 2 or 3 years. His statements makes him sound like he has a very large sense of entitlement and that he thinks the starting job should be his as soon as he hits campus.

Kid is confident. He hasn't said he would be coming in here to be given the job. To me, he's a pretty smart kid and a true gator to be sticking with us through that train wreck season we had. He's too good to go to a program with no future…But getting a kid like him IS our future!! If we've learned anything this season is to not let kid get buried on the depth chart while the seniors are stinking it up. We need leaders like Cook and if a freshman has to be a leader then let it be. Percy Harvin/Tim Tebow showing up the same year was big key to our NC in 2006. I think Cook/Grier will do the same thing for us.
lgator
True Gator

Postby lgator » Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:00 am

Clawhammergator wrote:
northflgator wrote:

We need two great backs to be successful. Alabama had 2 great backs when they beat us in 2009...Taylor/Cook is just what the doctor ordered..I like Jones too, but coming back from that injury will be tough… If we go to a Auburn like offense then everyone will touch the ball anyway! Anyway, hasn't this season taught us the importance of depth? :?
lgator
True Gator

Re: Cook has his mind made up

Postby rogdochar » Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:11 am

I repeat, if some recruiter has irritated Cook, what better payback
than to lead him to think Cook will choose them come NSD, only
to have him slide their cap off the end of the table and slip on
that ole blue & orange. :cool:
rogdochar
Gatorsports Legend

Postby suwanneegator » Sun Dec 15, 2013 5:59 am

lgator wrote:

Kid is confident. He hasn't said he would be coming in here to be given the job. To me, he's a pretty smart kid and a true gator to be sticking with us through that train wreck season we had. He's too good to go to a program with no future…But getting a kid like him IS our future!! If we've learned anything this season is to not let kid get buried on the depth chart while the seniors are stinking it up. We need leaders like Cook and if a freshman has to be a leader then let it be. Percy Harvin/Tim Tebow showing up the same year was big key to our NC in 2006. I think Cook/Grier will do the same thing for us.

In the article Cook used the words I, my or me 32 times. If that's not a sign that he is self-centered and feeling entitled, I don't know what it is.
Quote from the article. "I know the type of player that I am. I'm going to work hard for what I want and I'm going to change the program."
Another quote from the article. “I know the type of player I am, and I wasn’t even worried about the season they had because I know I can probably go fix it,” he said. “I’m just trying to get in the offense that fits me.”
There is not one mention of the team or his teammates. It is all about Mr. Cook. That's not confidence - that's arrogance.
Why does orange and blue koolade leak out of my computer when I log on to GSMB?
suwanneegator
Freshman Gator

Postby gatorpe » Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:53 am

In the article Cook used the words I, my or me 32 times. If that's not a sign that he is self-centered and feeling entitled, I don't know what it is.

There is not one mention of the team or his teammates. It is all about Mr. Cook. That's not confidence - that's arrogance.

Maybe we need a character reader on the staff with the coaches. Hey Will, send suwanneee the tweets and interviews from all the recruits and he can tell us what kind of person they are. While you at it ask him for the next lottery numbers......... :rolleyes:
Joakim Noah:
Sometimes, it feels good to be the bad guy
gatorpe
Heisman Gator

Postby The RH Factor » Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:05 am

I'm concerned that he says he has his mind made up and we haven't hired an offensive coordinator yet.
The RH Factor
Head Ball Coach

Next

Return to Gatorsports Forum