Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot] and 28 guests

UF/FSU Post-game thoughts podcast

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Moderator, Site Administrators

UF/FSU Post-game thoughts podcast

Postby oxrageous » Sat Nov 30, 2013 4:38 pm

oxrageous

Re: UF/FSU Post-game thoughts podcast

Postby MatthewM. » Sat Nov 30, 2013 4:39 pm

Ugh
PigsEyeGator wrote:Right now I am so f'ing low that I would do MatthewM.
MatthewM.
Bull Gator

Postby AugustaGator » Sat Nov 30, 2013 4:52 pm

Hmmmm....a ga fan?
AugustaGator
Bull Gator

Postby kcgator » Sat Nov 30, 2013 4:52 pm

:rotfl2:

Spot on.

They see me rollin', they hatin'...
kcgator
Head Ball Coach

Postby Gator Fever » Sat Nov 30, 2013 4:58 pm

We were really going to run the wildcat 35 times... :lol:
" But understand we are not changing who we are philosophically on offense" - Coach Will Muschamp...
Gator Fever
Bull Gator

Postby NavetG8r » Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:04 pm

You're absolutely right Ox. Pease needs to go, but he isn't the only problem with the offense. As you pointed out, today's game plan was horrible and just a "give up" by the coaches.

The defense played great to start the game but once FSU had a couple of scores and all our offense managed to produce was one missed field goal, they basically ran out of juice and FSU started doing whatever they wanted.

It's hard in football, or any team sport, to play at your highest level for a full game when you're getting no help from the rest of your team. I believe that's what's happened this year to our defense. You could tell in the UGA and USCe games when our offense actually did something and made the game interesting, the defense stepped up and played hard. They fed off the offense's success. Sports takes energy. Energy comes in many forms, but emotion can be a big energy boost, or drain, depending on what emotion a player is going through.

I can't understand why UF is in the QB shape it's in. Excluding the injuries, the talent of the QBs at UF just isn't comparable to a Jonny Manziel, Jamies Winston, Teddy Bridgewater, or even an A.J. Mccarron. UF used to be Quarterback U during the Spurrior days. Today (other than Jeff Driskel, who's physically gifted but seems lacking in the Football IQ department) we seem to always have the QBs nobody else wanted. Why is that? What does UF need to do to change this recent trend?

I was one of the stubborn hold-outs when it comes to Will Muschamp. I wanted to believe in him. Unfortunately after an FCS team with more scholarship injuries than we had came to our house and beat us, I lost all hope that WM was the man for the job at UF. Like you, I find it really hard to understand what Jeremy Foley thinks he sees in WM that makes him so sure keeping him is the right thing to do.

Either way, those of us who are UF fans and alumni are pretty much without any say in the matter it appears. Jeremy Foley seems determines WM is the guy to fix the program. I guess all we can do is hope for the best and pull for the young men on the field. As you said, I'm also afraid we're in for more of the same next year. Maybe a few more wins if we can avoid the injury bug, but not likely any real chance at a championship of any kind. :(
DCflorida wrote:"Oh that's right, I had totally forgotten that we were 4-8 and Muschamp sucks. Thanks for the reminder, I will go back to being miserable and angry now."
NavetG8r
Heisman Gator

Postby loge23 » Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:08 pm

I figured when Trey went down that we'd see a lot of Patton. That, like just about everything any of us hoped for this season, didn't happen.
I really can't understand why we couldn't unleash Sky. This kid is a QB (whatever depth) on the Florida Gators; he can't throw downfield?? Really??
The play calling today was every bit as bad as we've seen all season.
We shall soon see - if, as Oxy says - Pease sings.
What a relief - but nothing positive on the horizon I'm afraid for
FL Football.
Go Gators - Let's go Billy! Get your squad right and keep things happy for awhile!
loge23
Redshirt Gator

Postby MJMGator » Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:10 pm

Just glad it's over.
t-gator wrote:
Out of all those sperm cells I can't believe 561 one the race
MJMGator
Head Ball Coach

Postby Gator Fever » Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:14 pm

I agree our defense got mentally down after a while but they also lucked up FSU's pass catchers dropped 2 balls that would have been TD's probably early in the game. They dang sure dont deserve much praise for their play this season when games still were tight.
" But understand we are not changing who we are philosophically on offense" - Coach Will Muschamp...
Gator Fever
Bull Gator

Postby GatorGrad74 » Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:20 pm

7 loses in a row... "The coaches ran out the clock on the players"--and the head coach is returning, providing us with insights of what to expect offense-wise next year as he gives everyone a lesson at his post game presser on the critical importance of eating up the clock. But no worries-- the #1 AD in the country supports Muschamp 1000% and is convinced he is the man to turn our program around. He's now had three full years to learn how to be a head coach and yet he still cannot hire an OC who can put together an offensive scheme based on the actual personnel on the roster! Gad, but I am absolutely bereft of hope with Will Muschamp returning as head coach.
"A Florida Man needs no introduction."
GatorGrad74
Senior Gator

Postby GatorStud » Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:23 pm

Just listened to Muschamps post game interview... We should be afraid, very afraid. Guy says we're close, better than his first season, have talented guys in the locker room and we'll be lights out next season? He won't be part of a wait till next year mentality. He's got some good polling data talking points but really? Who's to say coach what your training and practicing brings you injury wise. Better take a hard look at your injury scene before making such bravado statements. We're on the right track he says. He's happy with his staff, yikes, did you hear that rhetoric. Politician may be your real calling lol
GatorStud
Head Ball Coach

Postby rogdochar » Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:38 pm

First, good last cast, Ox. Thanks for all your good works. And you
can criticize because the extra effort work you have done proves
you're a true Gator fan.

Correction : In the workings of the Champease Collective, it is
not the Wildcat, it is the "Tamepussy".

It is very hard to play at a high level when players get no help,
no right-training/development from the coaching. Who is
responsible for the Offensive Template for putting opposing
defenses on their heels ?

If players cannot get emotion from their coach-leaders, who's to
fire up that momentum ?

As to the QB quandary, when Kerwin Bell visited Brantley at UF's
practice, he said he was shocked that they allowed John's footwork
to deteriorate. ?? = bad coaching that has continued for years.

It might be like Foley is insisting that Muschamp pick up his own
thrown-out litter. "You made this mess; you clean it up."
rogdochar
Gatorsports Legend

Postby Chomper » Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:05 pm

It is hard to imagine how any AD of any major school could watch the way this season unfolded for the Gators with 7 straight losses, no bowl game, losing to a FCS team at home, etc,. etc., etc., etc..... and not fire the coach.

Boggles my mind.
UGa butt-sniffers love Will Muschamp. Are you with them, or against them?
Chomper
Senior Gator

Postby stirtloe » Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:15 pm

I am angry and I just keep getting more angry. Not over what I saw today because it is exactly what 11 previous games told me would happen. But over the fact that we were promised no change. Muschamp is still lauding the importance of TOP for this team in interviews, which assures me the next OC will either suck or be tightly governed. He said he planned 35 wildcat plays today. He seems too dim to even realize that he's fortunate to get 50 plays with this offense, and he would run 35 wildcats. F!/&;$ing Brilliant. You know, when you have an advantage in talent or scheme, you actually should try to run as many plays as possible to assure that you realize your advantage. We are losing a lot of talent again with dim lights on the recruiting trail, but we can still be great!! Hand over the reins Muschamp! Let someone smarter than you strategize about style of play. Let us be GREAT again!!!
stirtloe
Freshman Gator

Postby jmskjrgator » Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:21 pm

Well done Ox. We are going to be looking at a empty stadium next year. Do a survey of your own. Ask all of the season ticket holders you know what they plan on doing next year with WM there.

Discussing a buyout with WM is what Foley should be handling at this time. The eight million starting point scares the poop out of Foley. He needs to do a little math and talk to the ticket sales dept. He started working there. When we fire WM next year the buyout will be six million and empty seats and almost no merchandise sales will be make two million sound insignificant.

Not to mention how much more the program will be damaged. With WM staying get use to the gators being the butt of the jokes. The comedians will love WM's crossed eyes. Cartoonists love crossed eyes folks.
jmskjrgator
All-American Gator

Postby jmskjrgator » Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:25 pm

stirtloe wrote:I am angry and I just keep getting more angry. Not over what I saw today because it is exactly what 11 previous games told me would happen. But over the fact that we were promised no change. Muschamp is still lauding the importance of TOP for this team in interviews, which assures me the next OC will either suck or be tightly governed. He said he planned 35 wildcat plays today. He seems too dim to even realize that he's fortunate to get 50 plays with this offense, and he would run 35 wildcats. F!/&;$ing Brilliant. You know, when you have an advantage in talent or scheme, you actually should try to run as many plays as possible to assure that you realize your advantage. We are losing a lot of talent again with dim lights on the recruiting trail, but we can still be great!! Hand over the reins Muschamp! Let someone smarter than you strategize about style of play. Let us be GREAT again!!!

He is so use to our three and outs that he would love to win TOP.
jmskjrgator
All-American Gator

Postby stirtloe » Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:38 pm

I would forgive you if you've forgotten the concept, but how about some quick-hitters, BIG plays?
stirtloe
Freshman Gator

Postby Blonde Gator » Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:43 pm

He Hallelujah chorus!!!! LOL.
I am a Gator without a grip.
Blonde Gator
Heisman Gator

Postby Durty South Swamp » Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:54 pm

it wont work for me, I hit play but nothing happens... just like our offense.
"You never stand taller than when you stand on the backs of your fallen comrades" ~ Unknown
Durty South Swamp
Heisman Gator

Postby Durty South Swamp » Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:08 pm

ok, i got it finally.

Just want to say great job Aaron. I have really enjoyed these podcasts. They have added a little bit of humor and wit to an otherwise absolutely unbearable season and for that, I think I can speak for everyone on GSMB by saying thanks.

We are where we are and we are stuck there based off what we know at this point. Here's to next year and hoping Muschamp receives a full lobotomy in the offseason. Go Gators.
"You never stand taller than when you stand on the backs of your fallen comrades" ~ Unknown
Durty South Swamp
Heisman Gator

Next

Return to Gatorsports Forum