Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Durty South Swamp, GatorJB, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Sasquatch Gator, Swamp Queen and 50 guests

UF/GSU Post-game thoughts podcast

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Moderator, Site Administrators

UF/GSU Post-game thoughts podcast

Postby oxrageous » Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:01 pm

Three lousy minutes. Thanks for listening.

http://oxrageous.podbean.com/2013/11/23 ... -thoughts/
oxrageous

Re: UF/GSU Post-game thoughts podcast

Postby DCflorida » Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:06 pm

This has to be a game-changer for Foley, it just has to be.
DCflorida
Bull Gator

Postby GatorTex » Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:07 pm

Ox, I wish I could forget this season happened.
GatorTex
Senior Gator

Postby Gatormac2112 » Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:07 pm

I agree Ox, not much to say after what has happened. It would just be rehashing the things we've been saying for weeks. Good job regardless!
Gatormac2112
True Gator

Postby MJMGator » Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:10 pm

We just lost to a middle of the road FCS team. At home. Without a single yard passing. That turned the ball over 3 times to our zero. They missed 2 PATS. They have just as many injuries as we do.

All for the bargain price of $550,000.

What else is there to say?
t-gator wrote:
Out of all those sperm cells I can't believe 561 one the race
MJMGator
Head Ball Coach

Postby jaywalker72 » Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:10 pm

If Foley is interested in saving the $$$$, he'll have to make a move.

Muschamp just let him off the hook by losing to Georgia Southern. It's a gift for Foley.

He can't have the visuals of an empty Swamp.

He can't go into booster season like this.

It's over, and even Foley knows it.
UF/Class of '92.

Managing Editor of Peachtree Hoops on the glorious SBNation network. The place to read about/discuss the Atlanta Hawks. Dozens of Hawks fans agree.
jaywalker72
Baby Gator

Postby NavetG8r » Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:10 pm

Have to agree with you Ox. I've been holding out, hoping Muschamp can do something, anything, to win a game or two for these kids to finish the season out, but no, he can't, couldn't, and probably won't. What I saw out there today looked like a bunch of neighborhood kids playing ball against an NFL team. That's how disorganized and completely inept they were. How, how, how does it get this bad at UF? Some of the best recruiting classes in the country over the past several years and we can't beat a bad FCS team. We can't teach our defense to stop one of the oldest offensive schemes in the history of football. Option football is nearly extinct because it's so old, but we can't stop it. In fact, we try to run it!

How the mighty have fallen in such a short time. :embarrassed:
DCflorida wrote:"Oh that's right, I had totally forgotten that we were 4-8 and Muschamp sucks. Thanks for the reminder, I will go back to being miserable and angry now."
NavetG8r
Heisman Gator

Postby DCflorida » Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:11 pm

Losing to SEC teams, even lower-tier SEC teams, is one thing. Losing to an equally injury-depleted FCS team, at home, is impossible to forgive and impossible to explain-away.
DCflorida
Bull Gator

Postby rleaton4880 » Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:11 pm

Well, Muschamp may be staying...but I'm leaving!
rleaton4880
True Gator

Postby G8RNGA » Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:14 pm

MJMGator wrote:We just lost to a middle of the road FCS team. At home. Without a single yard passing. That turned the ball over 3 times to our zero. They missed 2 PATS. They have just as many injuries as we do.

All for the bargain price of $550,000.

What else is there to say?

+1
G8RNGA
Head Ball Coach

Postby NVGator » Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:14 pm

Muschamp has lost the team.
Failure is not fatal, but failure to change might be.
John Wooden

Coach9 wrote:8-4 Should always be considered a bad year at Florida. That should be our lower limit. Undefeated down to 8-4 should be our window.
NVGator
Bull Gator

Postby StreetFightingGator » Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:14 pm

I've defended Muschamp up to now, but I can no longer excuse the inexcusable!!! Losing to an FCS team at home is unforgivable! He should be fired immediately!!!! Not Sunday, not Monday, RIGHT THIS SECOND!!!!
StreetFightingGator
Heisman Gator

Postby NVGator » Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:15 pm

And there's another pumper off the bus. :lol:
John Wooden

Coach9 wrote:8-4 Should always be considered a bad year at Florida. That should be our lower limit. Undefeated down to 8-4 should be our window.
NVGator
Bull Gator

Postby DCflorida » Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:19 pm

NVGator wrote:And there's another pumper off the bus. :lol:

Let's try and stick together from here on out. Characterizing people as pumpers and such only keeps us divided. We're past that. Anyone who may have wanted Muschamp to stay is no less Gator than anyone who wanted him gone after Miami. And they certainly don't need their noses rubbed in their incorrect choice to stick with him for a few weeks too long.

Whoever comes in as the new coach needs to get the full-effect and support of Gator Nation. It's time to start the healing process NOW.
DCflorida
Bull Gator

Postby RikGator1 » Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:20 pm

Nice podcast as usual Mr Oxrageous.....I find myself almost speechless with todays game....I think the coaches do not prepare as good as they should and there is no intelligent thought put into the offense, dive, dive, dive, punt....oh, wait we had a play work keep doing that one.....oh darn the defense stopped that one go back dive, dive, dive, punt ...what happened to some of the creativity from last weeks game....It should have been improved this week WITH SOME PASSING....wow what a concept....and what happened to tackling seems like the defense forgot....The offense has to PLAY BETTER and give those guys a break....but, it is a team game...and I think our teams problem is the coaching....I think we could take the team with some of us here and put them in position to win....GEEZ they have a birds eye view are the not watching the same garbage we are....and they are still figuring it out....MMMMMM anybody want to buy some SWAMP LAND IN THE DESERT....I got some you know....cheap...HOPEFULLY WILL GRIER will come and try to bring some help GOd knows the offensive recruits IF THEY COME WILL BE WELCOMED BY THE FANS....GIVE THESE A GUYS A CHANCE DO NOT BAIL OUT ON OUR TEAM GO GATORS....May Foley do the right things....IF NOT HE NEEDS TO GO TOO....Thanks to all our loyal fans and their thoughts God Bless Happy Thanksgiving and a safe holiday season....I am out...Rik Gator 1
RikGator1
Baby Gator

Postby Gatorious » Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:21 pm

The last and ONLY other SoCon team to beat UF was Furman IN 1930!!
Furman beat UF in 1930 and 1922. That's it. No other SoCon team has beaten Florida ever.

http://www.gsufans.com/tsc/showthread.p ... n-IN-1930!!

I'm sitting here in New Orleans in hotel room CRYING tears of JOY for these seniors and this team and coaching staff. 3 straight years semi's of FCS, some fans suggesting these kids didnt have heart, that these kids were "chokers", #1 didnt care, all that crap. Well, WAVE THE BLACK FLAG boys, these kids will always be able to say they were the 1st GSU team to beat a FBS team. Over 400 yds RUSHING. #1, a warrior, Banks, a warrior, our many injured O-line men. Our defense, who even I knocked a bit this season, came through BIG. JUST SO PROUD to be an Eagle Fan. GOD BLESS these boys. They brought GSU football back. Man, Garns has got to stop crying!

http://www.gsufans.com/tsc/showthread.p ... ead/page31
grip
a. Intellectual hold; understanding: a good grip on French history.
b. Ability to function properly or well; competence: getting a grip on the new technique.
c. Mental or emotional composure: lost his grip after he was fired.
Gatorious
All-American Gator

Postby Blonde Gator » Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:21 pm

NavetG8r wrote:Have to agree with you Ox. I've been holding out, hoping Muschamp can do something, anything, to win a game or two for these kids to finish the season out, but no, he can't, couldn't, and probably won't. What I saw out there today looked like a bunch of neighborhood kids playing ball against an NFL team. That's how disorganized and completely inept they were. How, how, how does it get this bad at UF? Some of the best recruiting classes in the country over the past several years and we can't beat a bad FCS team. We can't teach our defense to stop one of the oldest offensive schemes in the history of football. Option football is nearly extinct because it's so old, but we can't stop it. In fact, we try to run it!

How the mighty have fallen in such a short time. :embarrassed:

God I hate to say it, but now we know how Tennessee must feel.

Kudos to the fans in Gainesville who refrained from setting mattresses on fire!
I am a Gator without a grip.
Blonde Gator
Heisman Gator

Postby Durty South Swamp » Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:22 pm

Wonder how many ppl will be jumping ship now? Are there any more excuses left to be used?

I did something productive today instead of worrying about the game, I also won a pretty good chunk of cash on Ga Southern after a friend placed a bet for me. I've never felt more certain of an underdog than this one so I figured, a few bucks at low odds, why not? At least I have something to be happy about.
"You never stand taller than when you stand on the backs of your fallen comrades" ~ Unknown
Durty South Swamp
Heisman Gator

Postby NVGator » Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:26 pm

DCflorida wrote:
NVGator wrote:And there's another pumper off the bus. :lol:

Let's try and stick together from here on out. Characterizing people as pumpers and such only keeps us divided. We're past that. Anyone who may have wanted Muschamp to stay is no less Gator than anyone who wanted him gone after Miami. And they certainly don't need their noses rubbed in their incorrect choice to stick with him for a few weeks too long.

Whoever comes in as the new coach needs to get the full-effect and support of Gator Nation. It's time to start the healing process NOW.

It's funny how when some of us saw this light waaaaaaay long ago, we were labeled as Non-Gators or Not Real Fans. Got it, two wrongs don't make a right, right?
John Wooden

NVGator
Bull Gator

Postby NavetG8r » Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:27 pm

Durty South Swamp wrote:Wonder how many ppl will be jumping ship now? Are there any more excuses left to be used?

I did something productive today instead of worrying about the game, I also won a pretty good chunk of cash on Ga Southern after a friend placed a bet for me. I've never felt more certain of an underdog than this one so I figured, a few bucks at low odds, why not? At least I have something to be happy about.

For the record, I'm not, and never will, jump ship on my Gators. I no longer believe Will Muschamp has what it takes to coach a top tier football team, but I am, and always will be a Gator. Always.
DCflorida wrote:"Oh that's right, I had totally forgotten that we were 4-8 and Muschamp sucks. Thanks for the reminder, I will go back to being miserable and angry now."
NavetG8r
Heisman Gator

Next

Return to Gatorsports Forum