Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 205Gator, divits888, gatorJ, Gatornation561, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Leroy Jenkins, ockgator, WobbleGator and 32 guests

UF/USC Post-game thoughts podcast

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Moderator, Site Administrators

UF/USC Post-game thoughts podcast

Postby oxrageous » Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:13 am

User avatar
oxrageous
Moderator
 
Posts: 13661
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:31 pm
Location: Florida

Re: UF/USC Post-game thoughts podcast

Postby OcalaGator83 » Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:19 am

Well said. We win the "tried hard" trophy tonight.
OcalaGator83
Redshirt Gator
 
Posts: 99
Joined: Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:08 am
Location: Ocala, FL

Re: UF/USC Post-game thoughts podcast

Postby RamsteinGator » Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:19 am

Enjoyed it.
RamsteinGator
True Gator
 
Posts: 595
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:13 am

Re: UF/USC Post-game thoughts podcast

Postby I Have No Friends :( » Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:20 am

ox said: "I have to think they're practicing some passes throughout the week"

What in the world makes you believe that?

I'm of the opinion that passing is an extra credit sort of thing that the players can choose to practice on their own. For one 5-minute session each practice they get to showcase for the coaches what they were able to come up with on their own for consideration to use it during an actual game.

I'm pretty sure this is the method used for our 2 minute offense as well.
gatorpe wrote:Urb is a low life lying lover jilting big ten dBAG.

Image
Image
User avatar
I Have No Friends :(
Bull Gator
 
Posts: 6179
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:57 pm
Location: Where nobody is looking

Re: UF/USC Post-game thoughts podcast

Postby NavetG8r » Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:23 am

The kids played hard tonight. The coaches, again, let them down. I'm as baffled as you are at why they're so against throwing the ball. Unless they're just trying to protect the QBs. I mean we have 2 injured QBs already thanks to our porous O-Line.
DCflorida wrote:"Oh that's right, I had totally forgotten that we were 4-8 and Muschamp sucks. Thanks for the reminder, I will go back to being miserable and angry now."
User avatar
NavetG8r
Heisman Gator
 
Posts: 2462
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:59 pm

Re: UF/USC Post-game thoughts podcast

Postby cuuf » Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:23 am

wrong
Who cares anymore
User avatar
cuuf
Heisman Gator
 
Posts: 1084
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:51 am

Re: UF/USC Post-game thoughts podcast

Postby GatorJay26 » Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:24 am

Good stuff man, enjoy listening to it.
GatorJay26
True Gator
 
Posts: 646
Joined: Tue May 15, 2012 10:40 am

Re: UF/USC Post-game thoughts podcast

Postby oxrageous » Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:29 am

cuuf wrote:wrong

Good point.
User avatar
oxrageous
Moderator
 
Posts: 13661
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:31 pm
Location: Florida

Re: UF/USC Post-game thoughts podcast

Postby GatorStud » Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:31 am

This is a weird coaching marriage of insecurity. I mean there is enough relatively safe 8-12 yard pass plays in the Almanac of plays. Maybe the goal is to crush the 2 decades of elitism, make us humble before the next run. Players effort appeared to be there tonight. I just wish our coaches trusted them more. Feel the same way you do Ox. Just about speechless on the subject.
User avatar
GatorStud
Head Ball Coach
 
Posts: 2844
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:58 pm

Re: UF/USC Post-game thoughts podcast

Postby oxrageous » Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:32 am

There's a lot of these players I like. I think their effort tonight was outstanding. The game plan was just....indescribable.
User avatar
oxrageous
Moderator
 
Posts: 13661
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:31 pm
Location: Florida

Re: UF/USC Post-game thoughts podcast

Postby Durty South Swamp » Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:37 am

been waiting since the end of the game for this, one of the only enjoyable moments on Saturday's for me these days is your podcasts Ox, thanks.
"You never stand taller than when you stand on the backs of your fallen comrades" ~ Unknown
User avatar
Durty South Swamp
Heisman Gator
 
Posts: 1545
Joined: Sat Sep 24, 2011 5:39 pm
Location: Panama City Beach, Fl

Re: UF/USC Post-game thoughts podcast

Postby gatordad » Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:38 am

we threw one for 80 yards...two games ago. It worked so well we stopped doing that
Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans-John Lennon
gatordad
Heisman Gator
 
Posts: 1168
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:02 pm

Re: UF/USC Post-game thoughts podcast

Postby I Have No Friends :( » Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:42 am

oxrageous wrote:There's a lot of these players I like. I think their effort tonight was outstanding. The game plan was just....indescribable.

gatorpe wrote:Urb is a low life lying lover jilting big ten dBAG.

Image
Image
User avatar
I Have No Friends :(
Bull Gator
 
Posts: 6179
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:57 pm
Location: Where nobody is looking

Re: UF/USC Post-game thoughts podcast

Postby NavetG8r » Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:43 am

gatordad wrote:we threw one for 80 yards...two games ago. It worked so well we stopped doing that


We got 2 TDs off the same play, twice in that game. It hasn't worked since. We tried it once tonight, Patton didn't even make it back to the LOS.
DCflorida wrote:"Oh that's right, I had totally forgotten that we were 4-8 and Muschamp sucks. Thanks for the reminder, I will go back to being miserable and angry now."
User avatar
NavetG8r
Heisman Gator
 
Posts: 2462
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:59 pm

Re: UF/USC Post-game thoughts podcast

Postby lagator » Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:54 am

Well done. I agree completely. That second half was the worst offensive coaching job of BP/WM's career and that is really saying something considering the previous piles of garbage they have served up.
User avatar
lagator
Heisman Gator
 
Posts: 2400
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:00 pm

Re: UF/USC Post-game thoughts podcast

Postby SwampedGator » Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:49 am

lagator wrote:Well done. I agree completely. That second half was the worst offensive coaching job of BP/WM's career and that is really saying something considering the previous piles of garbage they have served up.


This was your 2006th post. 2006 was a good year.....
User avatar
SwampedGator
Heisman Gator
 
Posts: 1255
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:27 am

Re: UF/USC Post-game thoughts podcast

Postby GatorTex » Sun Nov 17, 2013 2:05 am

Still baffled how this coaching staff can actually baffle me week after week. If I can sum up the game to 2 plays, I would start with:
1) Take out Skyler on 3rd & 11, run Burton between the tackles from the Wildcat. Amazing.
2) The brilliant 4th down punt/fake pass from Burton to Orr you mentioned. A WR to a DL. Makes total sense.
Total ineptitude calling offensive plays in the 2nd half. Again...baffling.
Image
User avatar
GatorTex
Senior Gator
 
Posts: 302
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:02 pm

Re: UF/USC Post-game thoughts podcast

Postby GatorKen » Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:26 am

oxrageous wrote:There's a lot of these players I like. I think their effort tonight was outstanding. The game plan was just....indescribable.



yep.


This staff is loaded with window lickers
oxrageous wrote:Ken and I are now officially best friends.


I want an OC with the mentality of a High School Jr on Prom night rather than a guy who's been married 20 years and has 4 children.
User avatar
GatorKen
Bull Gator
 
Posts: 5659
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:04 pm
Location: Murica

Re: UF/USC Post-game thoughts podcast

Postby NVGator » Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:04 am

lagator wrote:Well done. I agree completely. That second half was the worst offensive coaching job of BP/WM's career and that is really saying something considering the previous piles of garbage they have served up.


Sounds like you are pissing and moaning. ;)
Failure is not fatal, but failure to change might be.
John Wooden

Coach9 wrote:8-4 Should always be considered a bad year at Florida. That should be our lower limit. Undefeated down to 8-4 should be our window.
User avatar
NVGator
Bull Gator
 
Posts: 9895
Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:50 pm
Location: Somewhere in the Sierra Nevada

Re: UF/USC Post-game thoughts podcast

Postby NVGator » Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:05 am

OcalaGator83 wrote:Well said. We win the "tried hard" trophy tonight.


Yep. They "tried hard" and I'm sure they "had fun".
Failure is not fatal, but failure to change might be.
John Wooden

Coach9 wrote:8-4 Should always be considered a bad year at Florida. That should be our lower limit. Undefeated down to 8-4 should be our window.
User avatar
NVGator
Bull Gator
 
Posts: 9895
Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:50 pm
Location: Somewhere in the Sierra Nevada

Next

Return to Gatorsports Forum

cron