Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], itsgr82baflagator, triplegator and 49 guests

Winston being investigated for sexual assault

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Moderator, Site Administrators

Re: Winston being investigated for sexual assault

Postby hawkeye » Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:52 am

Spurrier just commented that "Well I guess that now they are "FREE SCREWS U"!
hawkeye
Baby Gator

Postby DCflorida » Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:55 am

DeathRoll wrote:According to Winston's attorney he has never been questioned in regards to this incident..

I heard on Atlanta radio this morning that while he hasn't technically been interviewed, he has submitted two written statements.
DCflorida
Bull Gator

Postby CivilGator » Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:55 am

BoomTown wrote:Why wait so long to turn it over to the State Attorney? Isn't typical protocol to give the SA a heads up early on and get their input on potential charges and such? Either (1) TPD has so much evidence they can't make this go away so they now have no choice but to turn it over or else (2) there's nothing to it and someone's just got an axe to grind or maybe (3) they're just that slow and incompetent.

or (4) The suspect will not voluntarily give a DNA sample for the police to compare to the evidence taken from the victim and they need the power of the courts (via the SA's office) to compel him to do so.
CivilGator
True Gator

Postby g8trs99 » Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:57 am

Serious crimes happen in Tallahassee and Tuscaloosa and the police hardly lift a finger and the local press ignore it. In Gainesville UFPD and GPD lock a guy up for barking at a police dog and ESPN acts like UF is run by felons.
g8trs99
True Gator

Postby DCflorida » Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:59 am

g8trs99 wrote:Serious crimes happen in Tallahassee and Tuscaloosa and the police hardly lift a finger and the local press ignore it. In Gainesville UFPD and GPD lock a guy up for barking at a police dog and ESPN acts like UF is run by felons.

Yes, and it makes national headlines within an hour. This situation happened almost a year ago and we're just now hearing about it.

What did Jimbob know and when did he know it?
DCflorida
Bull Gator

Postby CivilGator » Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:00 am

Gatormatic wrote:I know he plays for FSU, but this seems like a case of the media digging for dirt and trying to bring down a young, successful black man. Kind of sad.

Seriously? So the starting quarterback at a major program and Heisman trophy candidate being accused of sexual assault (in a police report long before the media go hold of it) isn't news in its own right?
What about the Vanderbilt players arrested for rape, should the media NOT have reported that either?
What about Aaron Hernandez, should they not have reported that?
and on and on....
CivilGator
True Gator

Postby DCflorida » Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:00 am

heversle wrote:Rapeis Winston?

Infamous Jameis?
DCflorida
Bull Gator

Postby Alagator » Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:03 am

Gatormatic wrote:I know he plays for FSU, but this seems like a case of the media digging for dirt and trying to bring down a young, successful black man. Kind of sad.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH RACE. why must YOU insert race into it???
Kcgator wrote:
...bite him in his tightly puckered anus.

Soflagator wrote:
"We should really try not sucking for 30+ minutes of each game."
Alagator
Heisman Gator

Postby Lawschoolque » Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:25 am

CivilGator wrote:

Seriously? So the starting quarterback at a major program and Heisman trophy candidate being accused of sexual assault (in a police report long before the media go hold of it) isn't news in its own right?
What about the Vanderbilt players arrested for rape, should the media NOT have reported that either?
and on and on....

When this incident took place EJ Manuel was the QB of the team and Trickett was his backup... Winston hadn't played in any athletic contests at FSU (baseball or football)....

I get what you're saying about reporting it, but it would have been a footnote compared to the major blip on the radar that it is now.
Lawschoolque
Senior Gator

Postby CivilGator » Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:38 am

Lawschoolque wrote:
CivilGator wrote:

and on and on....

When this incident took place EJ Manuel was the QB of the team and Trickett was his backup... Winston hadn't played in any athletic contests at FSU (baseball or football)....

I get what you're saying about reporting it, but it would have been a footnote compared to the major blip on the radar that it is now.

So you think that the media SAT on it and are only reporting it now that Winston is the starter? With the number of media outlets vying for customers, I doubt that is possible.
CivilGator
True Gator

Postby alcoholica » Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:57 am

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/9360575/greg-dent-florida-state-seminoles-facing-sexual-assault-charges

Article on Greg Dent, FSU receiver, pertaining to sexual assault during the summer. Same attorney as Winston represents Dent. Nothing directly related to Winston, but interesting to note.

Concerning Winston, it appears that this is all news now because the Police recently handed the case to the DA. I can only assume that either something became public record at that point, or the case was exposed to a new pool of people and someone leaked it.
alcoholica
Heisman Gator

Postby Lawschoolque » Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:08 pm

alcoholica wrote:http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/9360575/greg-dent-florida-state-seminoles-facing-sexual-assault-charges

Article on Greg Dent, FSU receiver, pertaining to sexual assault during the summer. Same attorney as Winston represents Dent. Nothing directly related to Winston, but interesting to note.

Concerning Winston, it appears that this is all news now because the Police recently handed the case to the DA. I can only assume that either something became public record at that point, or the case was exposed to a new pool of people and someone leaked it.

Dent was going to be a senior, had already played for 3 seasons, incident took place on Saturday night/early Sunday and he's formally arraigned on the following Monday. I don't see how these two cases or the handling of such are even remotely comparable. Jameis Winston has not been charged with any crime, even though police have had 11 months to do so. They charged Dent the next day.
Lawschoolque
Senior Gator

Postby bayou gator » Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:13 pm

Congratulations!

You win the award for dumbest thing ever said on the GSMB. I've been here a loooong time, and trust me, this was no easy accomplishment. I bet your mom is so proud.
P.S. - Don't feed the trolls!
bayou gator
Head Ball Coach

Postby BoomTown » Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:29 pm

Lawschoolque wrote:
alcoholica wrote:http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/9360575/greg-dent-florida-state-seminoles-facing-sexual-assault-charges

Dent was going to be a senior, had already played for 3 seasons, incident took place on Saturday night/early Sunday and he's formally arraigned on the following Monday. I don't see how these two cases or the handling of such are even remotely comparable. Jameis Winston has not been charged with any crime, even though police have had 11 months to do so. They charged Dent the next day.

Is it THAT hard to get laid in Tallycrappy that scholly players have to commit crimes for it? Always seemed like Free Screws U...at least if you're a Gator. :cool:
BoomTown
Heisman Gator

Postby Gatormatic » Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:31 pm

CivilGator wrote:

and on and on....

Seriously. A year after the case has been closed, it comes to light. Ironically, it's at the same time he's incredibly successful on the football field. Seems fishy.
Go Gators!
Gatormatic
True Gator

Postby oxrageous » Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:32 pm

Gatormatic wrote:
CivilGator wrote:

and on and on....

Seriously. A year after the case has been closed, it comes to light. Ironically, it's at the same time he's incredibly successful on the football field. Seems fishy.

And if he was white it wouldn't have come to light? I want to make sure I know what you're saying.
oxrageous

Postby Gatormatic » Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:57 pm

oxrageous wrote:And if he was white it wouldn't have come to light? I want to make sure I know what you're saying.

I don't know for sure. I can't say without a reasonable doubt that if he was white this news wouldn't have come to light. If it is found out that he actually did it, then all of this becomes moot. It just seems strange timing that after reading all of it, a closed case doesn't come to light until now. Just seems fishy. But who knows? I'd love to see it damage the FSU program right when they're finally doing well. It could literally destroy everything for them, which is a nice thought :)
Go Gators!
Gatormatic
True Gator

Postby Alagator » Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:33 pm

Gatormatic wrote:
oxrageous wrote:And if he was white it wouldn't have come to light? I want to make sure I know what you're saying.

I don't know for sure. I can't say without a reasonable doubt that if he was white this news wouldn't have come to light. If it is found out that he actually did it, then all of this becomes moot. It just seems strange timing that after reading all of it, a closed case doesn't come to light until now. Just seems fishy. But who knows? I'd love to see it damage the FSU program right when they're finally doing well. It could literally destroy everything for them, which is a nice thought :)

Dude, this is "newsworthy" because he is the starting QB at fsu. NOT because he's black.

As far as all the speculation as to why this broke now and if the media was sitting on it blah, blah, blah, didn't anyone notice the OP said this story was just brought to light by TMZ? The police never notified the D.A. which is why it never became public. That's why he said he wasn't sure why he was just now finding out about it and said that's a question for the police. Doesn't sound like he was happy being left out of the loop.

Maybe the police new "infamous" was innocent and didn't want his name dragged through the mud. Or maybe, they're fsu homers and didn't want to charge a 5* recruit and future star of the program. Who knows? But there was no "hidden agenda" with it just now being released. The only reason we know about it is because TMZ somehow uncovered this story which had been squashed.
Kcgator wrote:
...bite him in his tightly puckered anus.

Soflagator wrote:
"We should really try not sucking for 30+ minutes of each game."
Alagator
Heisman Gator

Postby PastyStoole » Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:51 pm

This would have been newsworthy even if he'd been the second string LB at Tulane. It's rape.

And the notion that the press is going after him because he's black is the most insanely ridiculous thing ever posted here. That is no exaggeration. By way of example, Obama has been warrantlessly wiretapping both innocent citizens and leaders of friendly foreign nations, covering up and lying about the disastrous and grisly events in Benghazi, conducting politically motivated tax audits, wiping out city blocks of women and children with drone strikes, etc., paying off his cronies on Wall St. by shoveling hundreds of billions directly into their pockets, orchestrating a grand deception of the American public via Obamacare, incarcerating more and more black americans through the escalation of his draconian war on drugs, etc., etc., etc., with almost perfect immunity from the same press Gatormatic is referring to. Is he saying by the same token they'd give him even more of a free pass if Obama was white? Is that even logically possible? Good lord.
PastyStoole
Heisman Gator

Postby itsgr82bag8r » Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:52 pm

WTF difference does his skin color have to do with it? SO you're "ok" with it if he was white, but because he's black it's sad?

Don't look now, but the next time you look in a mirror a racist is staring back at you.
Travis McGee wrote:The SEC is on its most dominate stretch its history, and Tennessee has played no part.

"its great to be a Tennessee fan" ..said no one ever
itsgr82bag8r
Bull Gator

PreviousNext

Return to Gatorsports Forum