Who is online

Users browsing this forum: buck16, DallasGator, Google [Bot], MSNbot Media, OllieGator and 53 guests

Muschamp is staying

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Moderator, Site Administrators

Muschamp is staying

Postby floridagator » Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:40 am

Well I have come to the realization that no matter how bad we get smoked by fsucks and usce and even a close w against our weakly team, Champ will be coaching next year. I had to move on and realize that no matter the complaints or results on the field he will be here.
SO, where do we go from here? I think we either bring in a big name for OC or slide Joker over to OC. Joker must stay, he has good ties for recruiting.

Also we need a dedicated STs coach, next year we must be able to execute all 3 phases of the game.
floridagator
Heisman Gator

Re: Muschamp is stayingwe

Postby LBSpikes » Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:55 am

I have not come to that realization. F that.
LBSpikes
Bull Gator

Postby digitalwangsta » Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:57 am

I think this team is doing a pretty good job of executing themselves.

floridagator wrote:Well I have come to the realization that no matter how bad we get smoked by fsucks and usce and even a close w against our weakly team, Champ will be coaching next year. I had to move on and realize that no matter the complaints or results on the field he will be here.
SO, where do we go from here? I think we either bring in a big name for OC or slide Joker over to OC. Joker must stay, he has good ties for recruiting.

Also we need a dedicated STs coach, next year we must be able to execute all 3 phases of the game.
digitalwangsta
True Gator

Postby g8torhed » Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:57 am

Reality sucks!
g8torhed
Heisman Gator

Postby mtn2top » Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:05 am

I will never come to that realization. This is less than accepting mediocrity - it's accepting failure.

Like many here, my dedication is to the University of Florida. My support for UF is unwavering. That does not translate to blind support of any coach and their staff.

Muschamp has won absolutely nothing of significance since he arrived. Why should he get a pass? For what?

The silence from Foley is deafening - far from a life line of support.
Hi-Altitude Gators

mtn2top
Head Ball Coach

Postby Chomper » Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:10 am

mtn2top wrote:Muschamp has won absolutely nothing of significance since he arrived.

And paid millions of dollars in the process.
UGa butt-sniffers love Will Muschamp. Are you with them, or against them?
Chomper
Senior Gator

Postby 601Gator » Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:19 am

I too have come to this sad realization. The first thing I did when I woke up was check to see if he had been fired. When I saw he hadn't I knew he was here to stay. It's going to be a LONG off-season.
601Gator
True Gator

Postby AllthingsFromCaliRoverrated » Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:32 am

No he wont. The boosters won't support him and will refuse donating which will force stubborn Foley to fire WM. Empty seats will do that as well.
AllthingsFromCaliRoverrated
True Gator

Postby rogdochar » Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:02 am

Foley may make that big of 2nd big mistake. The decline to
ruination of GatorNation that follows Muschamp's leaderslop will
force a Kiffin-like amputation of Will Muschamp. That's bad.
HCWM & crew will cause inevitable attendance drops, the media
scoffing, the drop in TV revenue from lost interest by the general
public.

Never ever heard of a major college team taking a season off due
to injuries, but that is the excuse. And for next year ??
rogdochar
Gatorsports Legend

Postby gatorJ » Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:06 am

rogdochar wrote:Foley may make that big of 2nd big mistake. The decline to
ruination of GatorNation that follows Muschamp's leaderslop will
force a Kiffin-like amputation of Will Muschamp. That's bad.
HCWM & crew will cause inevitable attendance drops, the media
scoffing, the drop in TV revenue from lost interest by the general
public.

Doing it the horrid way.?

The decline of a program can happen quickly with the wrong coaches. It happened with Nebraska, Michigan, and Tennessee. It's happening to USCe and us right now.
oxrageous wrote:Well you're sure in for a surprise. Peasant.
gatorJ
Head Ball Coach

Postby rogdochar » Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:19 am

True "GatorJ". So when is "too early" to stop it ?
rogdochar
Gatorsports Legend

Postby gatorJ » Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:37 am

rogdochar wrote:True "GatorJ". So when is "too early" to stop it ?

I don't know. But the time is now. If you can find the right fit culturally and you can find find somebody who gets how to manage his entire team: coaches, motivation, discipline, offense, defense, ST. Then I think we'll be able to right this ship quickly. This is Florida. We have the largest recruiting base in the country. We just need the right guy to pilot this thing.
oxrageous wrote:Well you're sure in for a surprise. Peasant.
gatorJ
Head Ball Coach

Postby rogdochar » Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:35 am

gatorJ wrote:

I don't know. But the time is now. If you can find the right fit culturally and you can find find somebody who gets how to manage his entire team: coaches, motivation, discipline, offense, defense, ST. Then I think we'll be able to right this ship quickly. This is Florida. We have the largest recruiting base in the country. We just need the right guy to pilot this thing.

Thanks, optimistic realism is needed amidst the confusion of
this Champease misapplication of CFB.
Still, Muschamp I'll call a curse without resorting to superstition.
rogdochar
Gatorsports Legend

Postby TN G8tr » Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:43 am

rogdochar wrote:
gatorJ wrote:

Thanks, optimistic realism is needed amidst the confusion of
this Champease misapplication of CFB.
Still, Muschamp I'll call a curse without resorting to superstition.

You hit the nail on the head GatorJ. MANAGE! Manage your team much like a CEO manages his company. Don't be overbearing and micro manage it to death with a flawed philosophy. Surround yourself with great people (coaches), Bring in a great work force (players), and let your staff (coaches) do their work. Not saying that WM is a terrible coach but he's a pi$$ poor manager.
"Wake her *** up, we got a game to play."
TN G8tr
Bull Gator

Re: Muschamp is staying

Postby floridagator » Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:40 am

Keep in mind , I said I came to realize what's gonna happen, didn't say I liked it. I think he is gonna be forced to make a OC move. What sucks is he has already done that before but for some reason, and maybe because a HR option is not out there right now, we are gonna try again next year. Errr.
floridagator
Heisman Gator

Postby PigsEyeGator » Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:41 am

For you guys who have "come to the realization" we're stuck with WM, I wonder why? Because he hasn't been fired yet? Sure, it seems after the Homecoming debacle, he'd be gone already.
But JF is media savvy. Do you think he wants the entire sports media world telling the story of Muschamp's corpse being served up to the OBC in SC this weekend? The media would go crazy with an "agony of defeat" storyline like that. JF isn't going to feed the sports media machine a story that highlights Florida's immense failures. Of course, it will be big news when WM is fired, but it doesn't have to be magnified 1000X by the proximity to the game at USCe.
Be patient. The end is near.
PigsEyeGator
Senior Gator

Postby rllrll » Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:34 am

Muschamp cashes that 52+k check each week, and Foley that 20K check each week. There is no hurry to make changes!
rllrll
Freshman Gator

Postby Naples Gator » Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:51 am

PigsEye - I wish I shared your positive outlook, alas, I do not. Coach Boom is coming back for a fourth year simply because there is not a viable alternative out there for Foley.

Unless we lose to Georgia Southern, Muschamp is safe until the end of the season. Then, the final reason to dismiss him could be an utter and complete cratering on the recruiting trail. But then you're so late into the process it probably doesn't make sense to do anything but bite the bullet.

I can''t see either one of these occurrences as a realistic possibility. I'd bet Muschamp is around for a fourth and final year of his style of boring and underachieving coaching of the Gators.

The injury card is valid. However, I do think if we flounder next year with everybody healthy, he could get axed mid-year, a la Lame Kitty.

Help is on the way, it's just unfortunately not this year or next.
Naples Gator
Freshman Gator

Postby Gator98MD » Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:21 am

Yup champs getting a 4th year and I wouldn't be surprised if pease does too.
Make or break next year
Gator98MD
All-American Gator

Postby PigsEyeGator » Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:22 am

Naples, you may be the voice of reason, while I'm wishful thinking. But, how does waiting a year increase the viable alternatives? It's unknowable. As for cratering on the recruiting trail, agreed that's too late. The coach hiring/firing season is mid-November to year's end -- after that, teams are scrambling and have to pick up a Derek Dooley or a Ron Zook.
PigsEyeGator
Senior Gator

Next

Return to Gatorsports Forum