Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], The RH Factor and 31 guests

Toe Jam

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Site Administrators, Moderator

Toe Jam

Postby phideltgator » Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:55 pm

Winston is a man among boys. This kid has some kind of arm.
Last edited by phideltgator on Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
phideltgator
Head Ball Coach
 
Posts: 3637
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:08 pm
Location: way down South

Re: Air Jam

Postby Coach9 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:00 pm

I'll reserve judgement until he plays somebody. I'm always wary of guys that put up better numbers than they did in High School. If he plays well against us, then I'll be more of a believer.
User avatar
Coach9
Head Ball Coach
 
Posts: 4775
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:47 pm

Re: Air Jam

Postby NVGator » Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:01 pm

The kid looks good. Of course some will say its just Maryland and the ACC doesn't play defense, but he's got an arm and accuracy.
Failure is not fatal, but failure to change might be.
John Wooden

Coach9 wrote:8-4 Should always be considered a bad year at Florida. That should be our lower limit. Undefeated down to 8-4 should be our window.
User avatar
NVGator
Bull Gator
 
Posts: 9905
Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:50 pm
Location: Somewhere in the Sierra Nevada

Re: Air Jam

Postby kcgator » Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:05 pm

Murphy > Winston
Image

They see me rollin', they hatin'...
User avatar
kcgator
Head Ball Coach
 
Posts: 4486
Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:51 pm

Re: Air Jam

Postby Coach9 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:08 pm

You have to question a player's intellect that goes to FSU. Huge red flag!
User avatar
Coach9
Head Ball Coach
 
Posts: 4775
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:47 pm

Re: Air Jam

Postby Gator^2 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:08 pm

Coach9 wrote:I'll reserve judgement until he plays somebody. I'm always wary of guys that put up better numbers than they did in High School. If he plays well against us, then I'll be more of a believer.


I agree, if PhiDelt wants to go ahead and blow Winston then he is more than welcome. The rest of us will wait to see how he does against us.
User avatar
Gator^2
Head Ball Coach
 
Posts: 4334
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:59 pm

Re: Air Jam

Postby heversle » Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:16 pm

:baby: The kid is talented, but he's still a baby. And we'll make him look like one when he comes to the Swamp.
User avatar
heversle
Head Ball Coach
 
Posts: 4111
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:04 pm
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Re: Air Jam

Postby Gator Fever » Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:18 pm

NVGator wrote:The kid looks good. Of course some will say its just Maryland and the ACC doesn't play defense, but he's got an arm and accuracy.


The one time I saw him getting pressure for a few series he didnt look so great against Nevada early. I want to see him against a defense like ours or VT (not sure if they play them this year) before I proclaim he is 100% the real deal.
" But understand we are not changing who we are philosophically on offense" - Coach Will Muschamp...
User avatar
Gator Fever
Bull Gator
 
Posts: 6637
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:35 am

Re: Air Jam

Postby rogdochar » Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:20 pm

... and Bridgewater was 15/17 first half against Temple !
Also there is his Mom-story of conquering breast cancer together.
Heisman PR rolling along.
User avatar
rogdochar
Gatorsports Legend
 
Posts: 12740
Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:17 am

Re: Air Jam

Postby phideltgator » Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:22 pm

Gator^2 wrote:
Coach9 wrote:I'll reserve judgement until he plays somebody. I'm always wary of guys that put up better numbers than they did in High School. If he plays well against us, then I'll be more of a believer.


I agree, if PhiDelt wants to go ahead and blow Winston then he is more than welcome. The rest of us will wait to see how he does against us.


Please tell me you went as far as 6th grade.
User avatar
phideltgator
Head Ball Coach
 
Posts: 3637
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:08 pm
Location: way down South

Re: Air Jam

Postby heversle » Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:29 pm

OK, that was pretty impressive...
User avatar
heversle
Head Ball Coach
 
Posts: 4111
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:04 pm
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Re: Air Jam

Postby Gator Fever » Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:29 pm

I will admit that was a nice play he just made there under pressure.
" But understand we are not changing who we are philosophically on offense" - Coach Will Muschamp...
User avatar
Gator Fever
Bull Gator
 
Posts: 6637
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:35 am

Re: Air Jam

Postby phideltgator » Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:30 pm

If I was developing quarterback, I would start him with a hardball. Let the arm speed and accuracy build up from the start then hand him a football.
User avatar
phideltgator
Head Ball Coach
 
Posts: 3637
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:08 pm
Location: way down South

Re: Air Jam

Postby Gator^2 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:36 pm

phideltgator wrote:
Gator^2 wrote:
Coach9 wrote:I'll reserve judgement until he plays somebody. I'm always wary of guys that put up better numbers than they did in High School. If he plays well against us, then I'll be more of a believer.


I agree, if PhiDelt wants to go ahead and blow Winston then he is more than welcome. The rest of us will wait to see how he does against us.


Please tell me you went as far as 6th grade.


Image
User avatar
Gator^2
Head Ball Coach
 
Posts: 4334
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:59 pm

Re: Air Jam

Postby Coach9 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:47 pm

Elite QBs are born and not developed. There are plenty of tall big armed stiffs that can't play. They can look all world against lesser competition. Take them out of their comfort zone and see who emerges. The great ones have rare dynamic spatial awareness. It allows them them to anticipate who's coming open and determine if they can get the ball there in time almost in an instant. This is revealed when the competition is at it''s highest.
User avatar
Coach9
Head Ball Coach
 
Posts: 4775
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:47 pm

Re: Air Jam

Postby phideltgator » Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:50 pm

Coach9 wrote:Elite QBs are born and not developed. There are plenty of tall big armed stiffs that can't play. They can look all world against lesser competition. Take them out of their comfort zone and see who emerges. The great ones have rare dynamic spatial awareness. It allows them them to anticipate who's coming open and determine if they can get the ball there in time almost in an instant. This is revealed when the competition is at it''s highest.


Damn nice Coach, that should be written in stone and read on ESPN before every game.
User avatar
phideltgator
Head Ball Coach
 
Posts: 3637
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:08 pm
Location: way down South

Re: Air Jam

Postby JT-Gator » Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:52 pm

I would say he has some of the best targets in the nation right now. those WRs and TE are really making nice catches. I would also say Maryland gave up after that last 1st half TD.
JT-Gator
True Gator
 
Posts: 517
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:20 pm

Re: Air Jam

Postby MatthewM. » Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:53 pm

Easy to throw to wide open receivers
PigsEyeGator wrote:Right now I am so f'ing low that I would do MatthewM.
User avatar
MatthewM.
Bull Gator
 
Posts: 6991
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:56 pm

Re: Air Jam

Postby kcgator » Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:59 pm

He sees the field very well and doesn't take all day to make a decision.
Image

They see me rollin', they hatin'...
User avatar
kcgator
Head Ball Coach
 
Posts: 4486
Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:51 pm

Re: Air Jam

Postby JT-Gator » Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:02 pm

kcgator wrote:He sees the field very well and doesn't take all day to make a decision.

I'll give him that.
JT-Gator
True Gator
 
Posts: 517
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:20 pm

Next

Return to Gatorsports Forum

cron