Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot], Gouryella, Majestic-12 [Bot], MSNbot Media, rogdochar, tillsb and 45 guests

Andreu: Time to atone for dumb pick

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Moderator, Site Administrators

Andreu: Time to atone for dumb pick

Postby oxrageous » Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:37 am

Over the past week, I’ve been called stupid, dumb, a talentless hack, a buffoon, an idiot, ignorant, clueless … and so on and so forth. And that was just from my wife.

http://andreu.blogs.gatorsports.com/110 ... dumb-pick/

I wonder if he tuned in to the podcast. :lol:

Discuss.
User avatar
oxrageous
Moderator
 
Posts: 13663
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:31 pm
Location: Florida

Re: Andreu: Time to atone for dumb pick

Postby Homer J » Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:42 am

No, I think he and Doolsbag read this forum for topics to write about.
Image
User avatar
Homer J
Head Ball Coach
 
Posts: 4798
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:59 pm
Location: Flowery Branch, GA

Re: Andreu: Time to atone for dumb pick

Postby SavannahGator » Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:09 am

No picks from Dooley? What, he can't make up his mind?
"A life is not important - except in the impact it has on other lives" . . . Jackie Robinson
User avatar
SavannahGator
Head Ball Coach
 
Posts: 2867
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:03 pm

Re: Andreu: Time to atone for dumb pick

Postby Gator Fever » Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:25 am

oxrageous wrote:
Over the past week, I’ve been called stupid, dumb, a talentless hack, a buffoon, an idiot, ignorant, clueless … and so on and so forth. And that was just from my wife.

http://andreu.blogs.gatorsports.com/110 ... dumb-pick/

I wonder if he tuned in to the podcast. :lol:

Discuss.


He probably did. :lol:
" But understand we are not changing who we are philosophically on offense" - Coach Will Muschamp...
User avatar
Gator Fever
Bull Gator
 
Posts: 6634
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:35 am

Re: Andreu: Time to atone for dumb pick

Postby Gatorious » Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:30 am

He can call himself names in an attempt to get past it, which is fine, but the pick, based on his own thinking, still doesn't make any sense. The D is pretty decent and steady, generally. Easley gone, but that would be the only thing to account for KY putting up 27.

Maybe he was expecting Murphy to throw a few pick 6's for the KY total score?

He goes on to praise Murphy and says he did better than he expected. But then why have the Gators score 24?

Maybe he was expecting the Gator D to score a few TD's?

Stepping back, the pick was high risk, low reward. It just didn't make any sense.
grip
a. Intellectual hold; understanding: a good grip on French history.
b. Ability to function properly or well; competence: getting a grip on the new technique.
c. Mental or emotional composure: lost his grip after he was fired.
User avatar
Gatorious
All-American Gator
 
Posts: 930
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:33 pm

Re: Andreu: Time to atone for dumb pick

Postby Wait ’til next year » Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:42 am

I found the article title quite amusing. :rolleyes:
"When the people fear their government, there is TYRANNY; when the government fears the people, there is LIBERTY" -- Thomas Jefferson
Wait ’til next year
Heisman Gator
 
Posts: 1065
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:33 am

Re: Andreu: Time to atone for dumb pick

Postby Gator^2 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:47 am

He says in the article that he doubted Murphy but Murphy did exactly as he expected. Leading the offense to 24 points. It was the defense he doubted and why he looked so stupid. He expected Kentucky to score 27 points.
User avatar
Gator^2
Head Ball Coach
 
Posts: 4323
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:59 pm

Re: Andreu: Time to atone for dumb pick

Postby Gatorious » Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:54 am

Gator^2 wrote:He says in the article that he doubted Murphy but Murphy did exactly as he expected. Leading the offense to 24 points. It was the defense he doubted and why he looked so stupid. He expected Kentucky to score 27 points.



Well, that bolded part makes no sense and self contradicts, but no matter. Its not what he said, imo. This passage is the one I assume you refer:
So, what I have learned from all this?

First and foremost, I will never doubt Tyler Murphy again.


So he doubted Murphy, which implies he thinks Murphy would have be part cause of loss, no? I do have to come to the same conclusion about his suspecting the D to fall apart for some reason. That was the majority of his any possible decision to pick UK to win. Why that would happen, I don't know, but that is what we will have to assume he thought.
Last edited by Gatorious on Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
grip
a. Intellectual hold; understanding: a good grip on French history.
b. Ability to function properly or well; competence: getting a grip on the new technique.
c. Mental or emotional composure: lost his grip after he was fired.
User avatar
Gatorious
All-American Gator
 
Posts: 930
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:33 pm

Re: Andreu: Time to atone for dumb pick

Postby Gatornation561 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:56 am

Homer J wrote:No, I think he and Doolsbag read this forum for topics to write about.


^ that
User avatar
Gatornation561
All-American Gator
 
Posts: 970
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:14 pm
Location: Palm beach county

Re: Andreu: Time to atone for dumb pick

Postby Gatorious » Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:02 am

Also as per the article:

Offensive coordinator Brent Pease said earlier this week that the coaching staff may have never known what they actually had with Murphy if Jeff Driskel had stayed healthy — and Murphy had stayed on the bench. And what a shame that would have been. With some guys (like Murphy), the only way to find out just how good (or bad) they are is to put them in a game. Murphy got his chance, and he’s taken off with it.


This is big time CFB. You mean to tell me these people have never heard of 'garbage time''? Remember that time? Thats when you are far ahead from scoring with the starters that you have the opportunity to get the backups some playing time. We have nailbiters these days and no 'garbage time' anymore. I don't wonder why though.
grip
a. Intellectual hold; understanding: a good grip on French history.
b. Ability to function properly or well; competence: getting a grip on the new technique.
c. Mental or emotional composure: lost his grip after he was fired.
User avatar
Gatorious
All-American Gator
 
Posts: 930
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:33 pm

Re: Andreu: Time to atone for dumb pick

Postby Sasquatch Gator » Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:21 am

You guys are forcing me to read his crap by quoting it and pasting it here.
:burp:
User avatar
Sasquatch Gator
Bull Gator
 
Posts: 9362
Joined: Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:36 pm
Location: Somewhere in the woods.

Re: Andreu: Time to atone for dumb pick

Postby oxrageous » Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:23 am

Sasquatch Gator wrote:You guys are forcing me to read his crap by quoting it and pasting it here.

With a gun to your head, no less.
User avatar
oxrageous
Moderator
 
Posts: 13663
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:31 pm
Location: Florida

Re: Andreu: Time to atone for dumb pick

Postby Slevin » Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:24 am

Sasquatch Gator wrote:You guys are forcing me to read his crap by quoting it and pasting it here.


Ruined my Saturday
soflagator wrote:
law98gator wrote:Im not sure what the deal is with Nickelback.


You already admitted in another thread you were related to the lead singer of Nickelback. :lol:
User avatar
Slevin
Moderator
 
Posts: 5185
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:01 pm
Location: New York City

Re: Andreu: Time to atone for dumb pick

Postby Slevin » Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:25 am

oxrageous wrote:
Sasquatch Gator wrote:You guys are forcing me to read his crap by quoting it and pasting it here.

With a gun to your head, no less.


Hot glue gun. He and Queen like to do arts and crafts before the game starts. Anyways, nothing new for Squatch to have warm, white stuff all over his face.
soflagator wrote:
law98gator wrote:Im not sure what the deal is with Nickelback.


You already admitted in another thread you were related to the lead singer of Nickelback. :lol:
User avatar
Slevin
Moderator
 
Posts: 5185
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:01 pm
Location: New York City

Re: Andreu: Time to atone for dumb pick

Postby law98gator » Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:33 am

Garbage time? The offense was garbage time the whole time last year.
ufgator812. wrote:Fvck them all. Fvck Richt, Herschel, Will Muschamp, Larry Munson, Deborah Norville, Lindsey Scott (fvck him twice), Vince Dooley (and all of his family, friends and neighbors), R.E.M and the B-52's... Yes, Fvck them all.
User avatar
law98gator
Gatorsports Legend
 
Posts: 16891
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:03 pm

Re: Andreu: Time to atone for dumb pick

Postby Gatorious » Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:37 am

law98gator wrote:Garbage time? The offense was garbage time the whole time last year.


Ba-da-dum-dum, he.

Actually I thought to make a remark like this with that mention/term. :)
grip
a. Intellectual hold; understanding: a good grip on French history.
b. Ability to function properly or well; competence: getting a grip on the new technique.
c. Mental or emotional composure: lost his grip after he was fired.
User avatar
Gatorious
All-American Gator
 
Posts: 930
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:33 pm

Re: Andreu: Time to atone for dumb pick

Postby JT-Gator » Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:46 am

He's an idiot. By the way, where is the game thread? It should have been up like 24 hours ago.
JT-Gator
True Gator
 
Posts: 517
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:20 pm

Re: Andreu: Time to atone for dumb pick

Postby NVGator » Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:11 am

Gatorious wrote:Also as per the article:

Offensive coordinator Brent Pease said earlier this week that the coaching staff may have never known what they actually had with Murphy if Jeff Driskel had stayed healthy — and Murphy had stayed on the bench. And what a shame that would have been. With some guys (like Murphy), the only way to find out just how good (or bad) they are is to put them in a game. Murphy got his chance, and he’s taken off with it.


This is big time CFB. You mean to tell me these people have never heard of 'garbage time''? Remember that time? Thats when you are far ahead from scoring with the starters that you have the opportunity to get the backups some playing time. We have nailbiters these days and no 'garbage time' anymore. I don't wonder why though.


I have no doubt if JD didn't get hurt we'd never seen TM. We would have squeaked out a Tenn. victory. UK would have been closer than the experts think and we'd still have an entire game of garbage offense.
Failure is not fatal, but failure to change might be.
John Wooden

Coach9 wrote:8-4 Should always be considered a bad year at Florida. That should be our lower limit. Undefeated down to 8-4 should be our window.
User avatar
NVGator
Bull Gator
 
Posts: 9896
Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:50 pm
Location: Somewhere in the Sierra Nevada

Re: Andreu: Time to atone for dumb pick

Postby Gatorious » Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:14 am

Well, based on his tone and new angle, I will make a prediction on him now. I predict he will not pick the Gators to lose the rest of the season. He made a dumb choice of game to call a Gator defeat. I think he has come to a place where he knows he picked a bad spot, weighs the cost, and had decided to just pick the Gators here on out as picking them to win (and them losing) has little reader/fan backlash. Its safe. He has decided to stay in the shallow end of the pool. Probably for the best in his case. If I were going to do it, I'd have waited until UGA or LSU personally. I now predict sees his situation such that he must pick those as Gator wins:
If the defense continues to play like it has, the Gators will have a chance against every team they play the rest of the season. UF will be in every game. It’s just a matter of taking care of the football and winning the fourth quarter like the Gators did a year ago.
grip
a. Intellectual hold; understanding: a good grip on French history.
b. Ability to function properly or well; competence: getting a grip on the new technique.
c. Mental or emotional composure: lost his grip after he was fired.
User avatar
Gatorious
All-American Gator
 
Posts: 930
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:33 pm

Re: Andreu: Time to atone for dumb pick

Postby -THE DUDE- » Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:28 am

Slevin wrote:
oxrageous wrote:
Sasquatch Gator wrote:You guys are forcing me to read his crap by quoting it and pasting it here.

With a gun to your head, no less.


Hot glue gun. He and Queen like to do arts and crafts before the game starts. Anyways, nothing new for Squatch to have warm, white stuff all over his face.

:lol:
User avatar
-THE DUDE-
Head Ball Coach
 
Posts: 4452
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:59 pm

Next

Return to Gatorsports Forum

cron