Who is online

Users browsing this forum: gardnerwebbalumnigator, gatorJ, gatormoe1, Google Adsense [Bot], MSNbot Media and 45 guests

FSU Friend Brags about Football, school

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Moderator, Site Administrators

FSU Friend Brags about Football, school

Postby SWAMP 1 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:13 pm

I saw a post on a community board on Facebook from a lifelong girl friend. We had been talking UF football, FSU football, etc...

The discussion was on guidance counselors.

I told her I thought they were, many times, useless because they seemed to try to make the youngr of two siblings (me, in this case) shape into their older siblings.

She stated something, like... Well...you may be right. Hers said she thought Vickie would be a good funeral director and my friend said she thought that cold have been a good fit.

Then she chimed in that our same guidance counselor changed her grades so she could het into a "good school".

I replied, " But Vickie, you went to FSU!".

I told her sorry but it's 2 weeks from football season kickoff and I've gone full A-hole Gator already.

FSU makes malleable wives, pretty good girlfriends and fraternity pass-arounds!!

GO GATORS!! Can't wait to stomp their asses. :D
SWAMP 1
Senior Gator

Re: FSU Friend Brags about Football, school

Postby law98gator » Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:36 pm

Good Lord, someone had to change her grades so she could get into FSU? Since they take everyone that applies, I guess that means she wasn't going to graduate HS otherwise.
ufgator812. wrote:Fvck them all. Fvck Richt, Herschel, Will Muschamp, Larry Munson, Deborah Norville, Lindsey Scott (fvck him twice), Vince Dooley (and all of his family, friends and neighbors), R.E.M and the B-52's... Yes, Fvck them all.
law98gator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby Okeechobee Joe » Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:49 pm

So they've added embalming to the curriculum over at Clown College?
Okeechobee Joe
Heisman Gator

Postby ngamtngator » Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:40 pm

SWAMP 1 wrote:I saw a post on a community board on Facebook from a lifelong girl friend. We had been talking UF football, FSU football, etc...

The discussion was on guidance counselors.

I told her I thought they were, many times, useless because they seemed to try to make the youngr of two siblings (me, in this case) shape into their older siblings.

She stated something, like... Well...you may be right. Hers said she thought Vickie would be a good funeral director and my friend said she thought that cold have been a good fit.

Then she chimed in that our same guidance counselor changed her grades so she could het into a "good school".

I replied, " But Vickie, you went to FSU!".

I told her sorry but it's 2 weeks from football season kickoff and I've gone full A-hole Gator already.

FSU makes malleable wives, pretty good girlfriends and fraternity pass-arounds!!

GO GATORS!! Can't wait to stomp their asses. :D

Brutal!
Don't look back, something might be gaining on you.-Satchel Page
ngamtngator
All-American Gator

Postby Durty South Swamp » Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:51 pm

Speaking of FB and cfb banter I've noticed a trend lately that just makes me laugh and further illustrates the point that to reFSU fans, we are the center of the cfb universe...

Obviously I have a lot of FB friends who are UF alums/fans, many more than those who are fans of the clowns, yet it seems every day I see 4 or 5 posts from clowns, all bashing and trashing Florida in every which way from idiotic meme's, to simple cliche` posts. Yet, I can't remember the last time I saw a gator do the same; honestly can not even think of the last time I've seen this. Given the fact that I have at least a 30 to 1 gator to hole friend list breakdown, it seems pretty obvious that while they are a turd school we take pleasure in beating, we fully expect that and they are not much more than afterthought to us when we do. However, for them, we are all they have in this world, we occupy the forefront of their minds daily, even in the off-season. It would be funny if it wasn't so pathetic.
"You never stand taller than when you stand on the backs of your fallen comrades" ~ Unknown
Durty South Swamp
Heisman Gator

Postby Amazin1 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:30 pm

i have an fsu fan at work who likes to talk crap so, i've spent alot of time lately researching the uf/fsu rivalry, both athletically and academically...we own them in EVERYTHING. i have tons of stats if people are interested but, as far as acceptance rate...they accept 58.5% and we accept 43.2%. the avg gpa between 3.75-4.0 for fsu is 47%...for UF it is 88%...you tell me where the real students are going...
Amazin1
All-American Gator

Postby law98gator » Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:09 pm

No one on the planet thinks Clown Institute is anything except a glorified community college.
ufgator812. wrote:Fvck them all. Fvck Richt, Herschel, Will Muschamp, Larry Munson, Deborah Norville, Lindsey Scott (fvck him twice), Vince Dooley (and all of his family, friends and neighbors), R.E.M and the B-52's... Yes, Fvck them all.
law98gator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby SWAMP 1 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:09 pm

Well, my hand goes up for admitting to stirring the pot. It's fun to act 21 and not 51 when it comes to serious rivalries.

I have another FSU fan that, 17 years ago, said outfight Danny was a fake and phony. Woner what she thought of Tim?? :)
SWAMP 1
Senior Gator

Postby nautigator69 » Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:50 am

I know every Gator has had to deal with with fsu people who want to start arguments on how they are superior to use in _______(fill in the blank).
The moment of clarity that has stayed with me to this day, happened when a group of us in the mid 70's were over there for a FL v fsu football game and hanging out at the Phi Delt house. They were in general cool with us and we had fun partying with them after the game, they did have a lot of hot and willing chicks. fsu wasn't really even considered a rival in those days, they never beat us while I was at UF. They seemed to have a fatalist attitude about the game, they really didn't care about losing to us. One of their guys started an argument about academics. In general saying fsu was equal, if not superior academically to UF. One of our guys knew the dude from high school and knew he got turned down at UF and had to go to fsu. This reminded me of several people from my high school who got turned away from UF and ended up at fsu. I brought this up and others chimed with the same observation. The "moment" came to light when I asked out loud if anyone knew of someone who was academically denied admittance to fsu and then got admitted to UF. There was silence and a look of "reality check" on their faces. Is it safe to say, in the history of the Universe, has any who was denied academically to fsu, then got admitted to UF? I'm sure it's safe to say thousands of people tried to get in UF, but were denied and ended up at fsu. I beleive that is where their anger comes from. I try to be understanding, but it is hard sometimes.
My advice to my friends out there is when a nole gets mouthy, think of them as worker bees. They may be pesty and annoying, but we need them to work. I'm sure they are competent at jobs such as....ah...I can't come up with anything. Let me get back to you on this. I'll ask the guy who maintains my yard, he went to fsu.
nautigator69
Baby Gator

Postby SWAMP 1 » Sat Aug 17, 2013 1:18 am

DIRECTIONS TO halF ASS U.:

Go north 'til you smell it,
go west until you step in it.

Classic from 1982+-
SWAMP 1
Senior Gator

Postby g8renvy » Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:26 am

My roommate in college was denied at FSwho in'88. I couldn't believe it then or now.
g8renvy
Baby Gator

Postby TN G8tr » Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:49 am

law98gator wrote:No one on the planet thinks Clown Institute is anything except a glorified community college.

Exactly. That's why FSU felt it was safe to go with Clown College (CC) rather than Community College. :lol:

Had a niece that went to FSU after being denied at UF. "Awww, I really wanted to go to FSU anyway." I told her sure, you keep telling yourself that.
"Wake her *** up, we got a game to play."
TN G8tr
Bull Gator

Postby rogdochar » Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:50 am

Tallahassee cops will pull you over if they see you haven't got a
Leon County tag, just to have someone intelligent to talk to.
rogdochar
Gatorsports Legend

Postby The RH Factor » Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:59 am

I know someone who actually got into UF and was turned down by FSU.

The clicker is that his girlfriend was going to UF and he did a much better job on his application to UF than he did to FSU.
The RH Factor
Head Ball Coach

Postby TN G8tr » Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:05 am

The RH Factor wrote:I know someone who actually got into UF and was turned down by FSU.

The clicker is that his girlfriend was going to UF and he did a much better job on his application to UF than he did to FSU.

So what did you do different on your UF application on the second go round? :lol:
"Wake her *** up, we got a game to play."
TN G8tr
Bull Gator

Postby TommyGator » Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:19 am

It is, and has been for ages, the classic little sister syndrome.
They KNOW we are the legendary big brother and that they will NEVER get out of our shadow. And even when we refrain from pulling their pigtails, they must "get back" at us for just being there...where they want to be but know they can't get there....

IT is great to be a Gator.... :lol:
"The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools" Herbert Spenser
TommyGator
Heisman Gator

Postby MJMGator » Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:41 am

The RH Factor wrote:I know someone who actually got into UF and was turned down by FSU.

Spoken like a true Nole.
t-gator wrote:
Out of all those sperm cells I can't believe 561 one the race
MJMGator
Head Ball Coach

Postby MatthewM. » Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:01 am

My sister went to FSU, I haven't spoken to her since.
PigsEyeGator wrote:Right now I am so f'ing low that I would do MatthewM.
MatthewM.
Bull Gator

Postby sundaysunday » Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:11 am

A lion (or should I say Gator) does not concern itself with the opinions of the sheep.
sundaysunday
Freshman Gator

Postby heavychevy » Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:43 am

they're not even in the top 10 list of party schools either... sad really.
heavychevy
True Gator

Next

Return to Gatorsports Forum