Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Alagator, Clawhammergator, Google Adsense [Bot], Hoosier Gator, lumagator, MSNbot Media, soflagator and 41 guests

Demarcus Robinson Preseason Freshmen All-American

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Moderator, Site Administrators

Demarcus Robinson Preseason Freshmen All-American

Postby GatorInKnox » Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:55 pm

Demarcus Robinson was named to ESPN's preseason freshman All-American team. I don't have a link because it's an ESPN insider article but I heard it on sportstalk.
GatorInKnox
Head Ball Coach

Re: Demarcus Robinson Preseason Freshmen All-American

Postby I Have No Friends :( » Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:58 pm

He is going to be a special player. Kid can flat out play.
gatorpe wrote:Urb is a low life lying lover jilting big ten dBAG.

I Have No Friends :(
Bull Gator

Postby GatorTAG » Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:01 pm

That's good but, I'm not even sure he'll be the best freshman WR on our team in a few weeks.
Swamp Queen wrote:I miss basketball just so you negative tards couldn't complain as much.
GatorTAG
Head Ball Coach

Postby GatorInKnox » Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:04 pm

GatorTAG wrote:That's good but, I'm not even sure he'll be the best freshman WR on our team in a few weeks.

By everything I've read I feel pretty confident he will be. Only time will tell.
GatorInKnox
Head Ball Coach

Postby rogdochar » Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:07 pm

So, does that mean some freshmen can be counted on to contribute
well ?
rogdochar
Gatorsports Legend

Postby GatorTAG » Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:13 pm

GatorInKnox wrote:
GatorTAG wrote:That's good but, I'm not even sure he'll be the best freshman WR on our team in a few weeks.

By everything I've read I feel pretty confident he will be. Only time will tell.

I'm hearing more about Ahmad Fulwood right now than Robinson. Fulwood is just behind on the playbook but as soon as he gets it figured out I think he's going to be a good one.
Swamp Queen wrote:I miss basketball just so you negative tards couldn't complain as much.
GatorTAG
Head Ball Coach

Postby williston_gator » Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:17 pm

According to what I've read about the scrimmage last night, he's the best player on the offense already.
williston_gator
Heisman Gator

Postby GatorInKnox » Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:18 pm

GatorTAG wrote:
GatorInKnox wrote:

I'm hearing more about Ahmad Fulwood right now than Robinson. Fulwood is just behind on the playbook but as soon as he gets it figured out I think he's going to be a good one.

I'd like to know from where. Rivals, Gatorbait, and Gatorsports has done nothing but rave about Robinson.
GatorInKnox
Head Ball Coach

Postby Zach Abolverdi » Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:22 pm

He's the best receiver of the whole group right now, freshman or not. Florida hasn't had someone with his particular skill set and size since Jabar Gaffney.
Follow me on Twitter @ http://twitter.com/ZachAbolverdi
Request me on Facebook @ http://facebook.com/ZachAbolverdi
Zach Abolverdi
GatorSports Writer

Postby GatorInKnox » Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:26 pm

Zach Abolverdi wrote:

He's the best receiver of the whole group right now, freshman or not. Florida hasn't had someone with his particular skill set and size since Jabar Gaffney.

:bananayay:
GatorInKnox
Head Ball Coach

Postby Leroy Jenkins » Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:31 pm

Great news, Zack. Hope it all works out with both young guns and the rest of the WR's.
Leroy Jenkins
Bull Gator

Postby GatorTAG » Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:55 pm

GatorInKnox wrote:
GatorTAG wrote:
GatorInKnox wrote:

I'd like to know from where. Rivals, Gatorbait, and Gatorsports has done nothing but rave about Robinson.

I've heard nothing but rave reviews about Robinson as well. But Fulwood has only been there a month and looks like he's already earned a starting job. You hear Fulwood's name mentioned about as much as Robinson's now, and he's been there 6 months. Don't get me wrong I hope either (or both) end up All-Americans. I'm just thinking Fulwood has made such a huge impression in the few weeks he's been there that by the time he figures out the playbook he'll end up the best receiver.

Gators first-year freshman wide receiver Ahmad Fulwood is turning heads in training camp, giving the impression he could contribute during his first season in Gainesville. The 6-foot-5, 191-pound Jacksonville native is a smooth route runner with deceptive speed and the size to create mismatches. Unlike freshman Demarcus Robinson, Fulwood did not enroll in January. But in fewer than two weeks of practice Fulwood has made an impression on coach Will Muschamp.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/blogs/swamp-things/os-gators-gators-freshman-wr-ahmad-fulwood-turning-heads-in-camp-20130812,0,5632778.post

“Right now the two young guys at the receiver position are Ahmad Fulwood and Demarcus Robinson, two guys that there’s no question are going to help our football team and improve our football team,” he explained....
On Fulwood in particular, Muschamp detailed why he thinks the four-star prospect will help Florida improve its recently lackluster playmaking at the position.

“He’s a bigger guy at 6’4”. He’s a guy that’s got some good upper body strength. He’s competitive, and he handles it well. We’re pretty good at the corner position, and he’s done a nice job in some situations of creating some separation,” Muschamp said. “Still, he’s in such a learning stage, learning where to line up, reading the coverage … he’s got a lot going through his mind right now. You got to project as a coach, when it all starts to slow down, we’ll have some good things. … Certainly he’s a guy that’s got really good ball skills.

http://www.onlygators.com/08/12/2013/812-muschamp-on-joyers-injury-jones-missing-games-standouts-from-floridas-scrimmage/#more-62867

Although it's early in training camp, Ahmad Fulwood is another wideout who looks like he will have a role in the receiving corps.

“Ahmad's going to have a great opportunity to play receiver for us this year,” Muschamp said. “He's going to have every opportunity in the world. We really liked his vertical speed, a guy that really had good ball skills (and) could finish plays down the field.”

http://www.gainesville.com/article/20130807/ARTICLES/130809690?p=2&tc=pg
GatorTAG
Head Ball Coach

Postby Zach Abolverdi » Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:17 pm

Fulwood has been able to make an early impression simply based on the fact that he's the tallest receiver on the roster. What Muschamp says in a press conference is one thing, what you can see on the field is another.

I know it was just one practice, but based on what I saw last night, Robinson is leaps and bounds ahead of every guy at the position from a talent standpoint. He was the best offensive player on the field and is already running with the first-team.

Fulwood has a ton of qualities (height, hands, football IQ) and may start this year as well, but he doesn't just have Robinson's ability, nor does anyone else.

It's not something you can develop. You either have it or you don't. Players can improve their technique and increase their production through coaching and experience, but there's some things (elusiveness, explosiveness, etc.) you just can't teach. Robinson already has them. And to think, this kid was THAT close to picking Clemson.
Follow me on Twitter @ http://twitter.com/ZachAbolverdi
Request me on Facebook @ http://facebook.com/ZachAbolverdi
Zach Abolverdi
GatorSports Writer

Postby GatorInKnox » Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:29 pm

GatorTAG wrote:
GatorInKnox wrote:
GatorTAG wrote:
GatorInKnox wrote:

I've heard nothing but rave reviews about Robinson as well. But Fulwood has only been there a month and looks like he's already earned a starting job. You hear Fulwood's name mentioned about as much as Robinson's now, and he's been there 6 months. Don't get me wrong I hope either (or both) end up All-Americans. I'm just thinking Fulwood has made such a huge impression in the few weeks he's been there that by the time he figures out the playbook he'll end up the best receiver.

Gators first-year freshman wide receiver Ahmad Fulwood is turning heads in training camp, giving the impression he could contribute during his first season in Gainesville. The 6-foot-5, 191-pound Jacksonville native is a smooth route runner with deceptive speed and the size to create mismatches. Unlike freshman Demarcus Robinson, Fulwood did not enroll in January. But in fewer than two weeks of practice Fulwood has made an impression on coach Will Muschamp.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/blogs/swamp-things/os-gators-gators-freshman-wr-ahmad-fulwood-turning-heads-in-camp-20130812,0,5632778.post

“Right now the two young guys at the receiver position are Ahmad Fulwood and Demarcus Robinson, two guys that there’s no question are going to help our football team and improve our football team,” he explained....
On Fulwood in particular, Muschamp detailed why he thinks the four-star prospect will help Florida improve its recently lackluster playmaking at the position.

“He’s a bigger guy at 6’4”. He’s a guy that’s got some good upper body strength. He’s competitive, and he handles it well. We’re pretty good at the corner position, and he’s done a nice job in some situations of creating some separation,” Muschamp said. “Still, he’s in such a learning stage, learning where to line up, reading the coverage … he’s got a lot going through his mind right now. You got to project as a coach, when it all starts to slow down, we’ll have some good things. … Certainly he’s a guy that’s got really good ball skills.

http://www.onlygators.com/08/12/2013/812-muschamp-on-joyers-injury-jones-missing-games-standouts-from-floridas-scrimmage/#more-62867

Although it's early in training camp, Ahmad Fulwood is another wideout who looks like he will have a role in the receiving corps.

“Ahmad's going to have a great opportunity to play receiver for us this year,” Muschamp said. “He's going to have every opportunity in the world. We really liked his vertical speed, a guy that really had good ball skills (and) could finish plays down the field.”

The fact that we are even able to debate this makes me giddy
GatorInKnox
Head Ball Coach

Postby The_AlphaGator1906 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:47 pm

GatorTAG wrote:
GatorInKnox wrote:
GatorTAG wrote:
GatorInKnox wrote:

Good job GatorTab for sticking to your guns and not backing down. I hope both of these guys continue to grow and develop into an elite one-two punch.
"Do you like it? Do you think Cleveland is cool? I mean, I never heard anybody say I'm going to Cleveland on vacation. What's so good a bout Cleveland?"-Joakim Noah
The_AlphaGator1906
Heisman Gator

Postby The_AlphaGator1906 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:50 pm

Zach Abolverdi wrote:Fulwood has been able to make an early impression simply based on the fact that he's the tallest receiver on the roster. What Muschamp says in a press conference is one thing, what you can see on the field is another.

I know it was just one practice, but based on what I saw last night, Robinson is leaps and bounds ahead of every guy at the position from a talent standpoint. He was the best offensive player on the field and is already running with the first-team.

Fulwood has a ton of qualities (height, hands, football IQ) and may start this year as well, but he doesn't just have Robinson's ability, nor does anyone else.

It's not something you can develop. You either have it or you don't. Players can improve their technique and increase their production through coaching and experience, but there's some things (elusiveness, explosiveness, etc.) you just can't teach. Robinson already has them. And to think, this kid was THAT close to picking Clemson.

Muschamp is king of the recruiting flip! Thank God he is playing for the good guys and it looks like he made the right choice because he is going to be an instnt starter.
"Do you like it? Do you think Cleveland is cool? I mean, I never heard anybody say I'm going to Cleveland on vacation. What's so good a bout Cleveland?"-Joakim Noah
The_AlphaGator1906
Heisman Gator

Postby Gator Fever » Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:52 pm

Robinson appears to be the real deal as we had no wide receiver that could go up and get the ball the last few years. He alone should move our passing game up a notch or two.
" But understand we are not changing who we are philosophically on offense" - Coach Will Muschamp...
Gator Fever
Bull Gator

Postby law98gator » Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:52 pm

rogdochar wrote:So, does that mean some freshmen can be counted on to contribute
well ?

:lol: :lol: :lol:
ufgator812. wrote:Fvck them all. Fvck Richt, Herschel, Will Muschamp, Larry Munson, Deborah Norville, Lindsey Scott (fvck him twice), Vince Dooley (and all of his family, friends and neighbors), R.E.M and the B-52's... Yes, Fvck them all.
law98gator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby Durty South Swamp » Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:03 pm

Haven't been on here in ages, but its that time of year again...

A buddy of mine was at that public practice, said robinson looks like a beast. I'm starting to get excited, for a while I felt like Urbs left a curse on our O.
"You never stand taller than when you stand on the backs of your fallen comrades" ~ Unknown
Durty South Swamp
Heisman Gator

Postby itsgr82baflagator » Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:31 pm

GatorInKnox wrote:...

Knox: A question about that little clip in your signature. Do you think Ox has gotten any better at maintaining his balance after whiffing on the kick?
itsgr82baflagator
Head Ball Coach

Next

Return to Gatorsports Forum