Who is online

Users browsing this forum: alligatorbite, Flaglergator, Google Adsense [Bot] and 40 guests

New Weapon at TE

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Moderator, Site Administrators

New Weapon at TE

Postby DCflorida » Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:23 pm

PATRIC YOUNG showed up at the football field today; did some stretching, ran some routes, ran some fades at the goal line, ran some slants over the middle, and generally practiced at TE. He was catching balls from Tyler Murphy. Trey Burton and Cody Riggs were also involved.

Now I'm either unveiling a top secret here, and will have Muschamp's men knocking on my door any minute now, or this was simply guys out horsing around. It's also quite possible and maybe even probable they were doing some sort of commercial shoot. When I asked the manager fella who came out with them what Young was doing out here with football players and he responded with a slick smile "they're just messing around."

At any rate, I'd love to see him catching corner fades at the goal line. It was cool to watch him practice, for sure.

http://twitter.com/davyconnell/status/362667213431373825/photo/1
DCflorida
Bull Gator

Re: New Weapon at TE

Postby PhD Gator » Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:26 pm

Well Gatorzone posted this on Twitter, so I think you are safe to make it public:

GatorZone Football ‏@GatorZoneFB 3m
RT @GatorVisionTV: .@BigPatYoung4 as a football player? #PatricVs coming soon... pic.twitter.com/heLSrfUiaP

PhD Gator
Freshman Gator

Postby FunnGun » Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:26 pm

Last edited by FunnGun on Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FunnGun
Gatorsports Legend

Postby -THE DUDE- » Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:27 pm

that would be awesome :lol:
-THE DUDE-
Head Ball Coach

Postby DCflorida » Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:29 pm

Thanks Funn. Yeah, appears that this is some sort of Young basketball promotional, but damn if he didnt look fluid and athletic enough to pull it off. And they were going through some very strenuous drills for something that wasnt serious. I'd post the video I took if I could figure out how. :D
Last edited by DCflorida on Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DCflorida
Bull Gator

Postby Swamp Queen » Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:29 pm

There can never be enough Patric Young.
lizard84 wrote:maybe swamp queen and sas deserve each other.

DCflorida wrote:"Oh that's right, I had totally forgotten that we were 4-8 and Muschamp sucks. Thanks for the reminder, I will go back to being miserable and angry now."
Swamp Queen
Bull Gator

Postby Zambo » Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:33 pm

Antonio Gates comes to mind. Obviously comparing Young to a pro-bowler like Gates is a stretch, it isn't too hard to see a massive size mismatch at the college level working at least once in a while.
GET A GRIP!
Zambo
Bull Gator

Postby lagator » Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:34 pm

Is it just me or does he look even bigger and more bulked up than usual? :eek:

Maybe there is something more to this than just promotion:question:
lagator
Heisman Gator

Postby GatorKen » Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:35 pm

Probably the only time we'll ever hear a report of someone catching balls from Murphy.
oxrageous wrote:Ken and I are now officially best friends.

I want an OC with the mentality of a High School Jr on Prom night rather than a guy who's been married 20 years and has 4 children.
GatorKen
Bull Gator

Postby ACappsUF29 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:36 pm

I have been wanting Young since his freshman year to think about playing football. The list of basketball players that became Tight Ends and have succeeded in college and in the NFL is long but I'm afraid if this is true he may have gotten into it too late. Plus does he really want to risk his status in next year's NBA draft by getting injured in football?
ACappsUF29
Senior Gator

Postby lagator » Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:37 pm

Zambo wrote:Antonio Gates comes to mind. Obviously comparing Young to a pro-bowler like Gates is a stretch, it isn't too hard to see a massive size mismatch at the college level working at least once in a while.

Actually more like Jimmy Graham who is almost the exact same size and played BB up through college.
lagator
Heisman Gator

Postby FunnGun » Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:40 pm

GatorKen wrote:Probably the only time we'll ever hear a report of someone catching balls from Murphy.

gross, you perv.
FunnGun
Gatorsports Legend

Postby Gatornation561 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:41 pm

I wonder how much he will weigh out to at camp? He has to be like 6' 7.

If he weighs around 250-260 than he can instantly contribute to our run game with some blocks. Either way I'm glad to have him on our roster.
Gatornation561
All-American Gator

Postby itsgr82baflagator » Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:43 pm

Swamp Queen wrote:There can never be enough Patric Young.

That sounds like something.....

Never mind. I'm in enough trouble as it is.
itsgr82baflagator
Head Ball Coach

Postby Zambo » Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:44 pm

ACappsUF29 wrote:I have been wanting Young since his freshman year to think about playing football. The list of basketball players that became Tight Ends and have succeeded in college and in the NFL is long but I'm afraid if this is true he may have gotten into it too late. Plus does he really want to risk his status in next year's NBA draft by getting injured in football?

Gates didn't play a single down of football in college. He went right from being undraftable as an NBA player to being an NFL Pro Bowler two years later.

IMO, I think it is very natural for a big guy like Young to veer toward basketball as a young man. Even with modest talent on the court, with that kind of size you are bound to have success. But the NBA is a different story. Meanwhile, a tall strong lean guy like PY could have a lot of success hauling in footballs instead of rebounds.
GET A GRIP!
Zambo
Bull Gator

Postby MatthewM. » Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:47 pm

He should make the switch he's probably better at football than bball.
PigsEyeGator wrote:Right now I am so f'ing low that I would do MatthewM.
MatthewM.
Bull Gator

Postby Maillot Jaune » Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:48 pm

I think Nick Calathes has some eligibility left too....
Maillot Jaune
Heisman Gator

Postby GatorWitt » Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:49 pm

Swamp Queen wrote:There can never be enough Patric Young.

THIS.

Young has been tweeting about trying out all summer. I'll try and find a couple of his tweets.
I wonder if the football coaches have been asking him to at least try and catch a few balls with some of the team.
GatorWitt
Redshirt Gator

Postby GatorWitt » Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:51 pm

Here's a tweet from Young to Jeff Driskel

@jeffdriskel forreal bro. What do you think about me coming out there as an extra target for you to throw too?
GatorWitt
Redshirt Gator

Postby The RH Factor » Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:51 pm

I'm willing to bet some serious money that Donovan won't let him play any football until his basketball eligibility has expired.

If he doesn't get picked next year in the NBA draft, he probably could walk on in 2014 to the football team
The RH Factor
Head Ball Coach

Next

Return to Gatorsports Forum