Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BNAG8R, Gatorbythebay, Google [Bot], itsgr82baflagator, Leroy Jenkins, MSNbot Media, Trung, UFever and 68 guests

Should OSU be afraid of the direction that Urban Meyer could

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Site Administrators, Moderator

Should OSU be afraid of the direction that Urban Meyer could

Postby NCOGator » Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:40 pm

First let me say that I am very thankful for Urban Meyer as a Gator Fan for the Championships and returning our program to greatness. My only concern is that how it is “perceived” he did it. I know it all cannot be blamed on him; because some are just young kids struggling with their new “fame” status, but I think there was 31 arrests under his time and that isn’t including the “suspensions for violation of team rules”. Now look at Rainey and Hernandez. These were both some of the best athletes that came through during Meyer’s era and now look at them. I think that it could mean the same trouble for OSU, and after coming off their probation they might not need this attention. Look I could care less about the Big 10 (or 12 or 14 or whatever they are), my concern is that we may have put him on the pedestal as one of the Greatest Gator Coaches ever, and it might not be warranted. What say you?
"Most bad government has grown out of too much government."-Thomas Jefferson
NCOGator
True Gator

Re: Should OSU be afraid of the direction that Urban Meyer could

Postby WashingtonDCGator » Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:43 pm

Meyer would be wise to get ahead of the situation and comment on the Hernandez saga. Like it or not, Urban will be asked about his relationship with Hernandez, etc.
WashingtonDCGator
Head Ball Coach

Postby gatorade7 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:48 pm

I guess permission to speak freely about Meyer is not tolerated here but Urban took some not very quality people in order to win. The University put Tim Tebow's face everywhere to obstruct some of the ugly side of what was going on.
gatorade7
Senior Gator

Postby URGatorBait » Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:52 pm

gatorade7 wrote:I guess permission to speak freely about Meyer is not tolerated here but Urban took some not very quality people in order to win. The University put Tim Tebow's face everywhere to obstruct some of the ugly side of what was going on.

It's absolutely tolerated. However DC has an intolerance for any response that doesn't jive with his own opinion.
He wants nearly everyone in Aaron's life path to come out and make comment, because obviously someone is going to ask, according to him, yet sees it as a backhanded comment when someone responds to him asking why should someone that no longer has anything to do with Aaron come out and say anything.

Urban is free to do whatever he wants, but that's not really the point here.
URGatorBait
Head Ball Coach

Postby Sasquatch Gator » Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:53 pm

Obviously Urban Meyer knew that the 17 year old he recruited 6 years ago would turn out to be a psychotic murderer, so he signed him up pronto.
:burp:
Sasquatch Gator
Bull Gator

Postby WobbleGator » Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:56 pm

I hear ya Sas.
WobbleGator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby URGatorBait » Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:57 pm

WobbleGator wrote:I hear ya Sas.

He can say that again :lol:
URGatorBait
Head Ball Coach

Postby Sasquatch Gator » Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:57 pm

Sweet mother of Jesus! GSMB sucks! I can't make one f***ing post without the page crashing, and when I do, it triple posts it!
Sasquatch Gator
Bull Gator

Postby law98gator » Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:02 pm

The is really no arguing the program was out of control and infested with thugs. The only argument is who was culpable or negligent.

And

In before Ox locks this.
ufgator812. wrote:Fvck Richt, Herschel, Will Muschamp, Larry Munson, Lindsey Scott (fvck him twice), Vince Dooley ... Yes, Fvck them all.

divits888 wrote:
Bammer wrote:Isn't government intrusion your flavor du jour, divits?
Isn’t every flavor ever known to man your flavor du jour?
law98gator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby oxrageous » Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:03 pm

Not only did Meyer know, I think he should be investigated as well. Do you think he could be one of the accomplices the police haven't brought out yet?

Bill Belichick should also be investigated...perhaps even fired. After all, these coaches can control these players via mind control, so they are clearly responsible.
oxrageous

Postby Sasquatch Gator » Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:04 pm

But seriously, what a dumb post. If Hernandez had gone to UConn, would Maryland now have to be worried about its program because Randy Edsall signed a future murderer? GTFO.
Sasquatch Gator
Bull Gator

Postby oxrageous » Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:05 pm

law98gator wrote:The is really no arguing the program was out of control and infested with thugs.

It was also "infested" with a lot of great players that never got into any trouble. The vast majority, in fact. But let's not let the facts get in the way of your nonsense.
oxrageous

Postby oxrageous » Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:06 pm

Where's gardnerwebb? He needs to get in his usual shots about Meyer so we can complete this thread and move on.
oxrageous

Postby URGatorBait » Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:09 pm

Ox...what's the deal with the board?

It's constantly going in and out, and when it cuts out, it's posting several times for many people. Is it because of the Hernandez story, or is there something else going on?
URGatorBait
Head Ball Coach

Postby gatorade7 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:10 pm

Obviously Hernandez wasn't the only troubled kid that Meyer recruited but he was a gang member before he came to Gainesville. Not every kid is a sweet innocent 17 year old. Some are drug pushing gun carrying thugs that have no respect for life.

Either Urban didn't do his due dilligence on Hernandez' background or he chose to look the other way. Probably a combination of both once he got on campus. He also probably vetted for Aaron to Bellicek.

As someone who has been to nearly every home game in the past 40 years I'd rather lose a game or two than have these types of players representing my University. If that is blastphemy then so be it.

I hope Coach Muschamp will be a better steward of respect for this university.
gatorade7
Senior Gator

Postby oxrageous » Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:11 pm

URGatorBait wrote:Ox...what's the deal with the board?

It's constantly going in and out, and when it cuts out, it's posting several times for many people. Is it because of the Hernandez story, or is there something else going on?

You're asking me? The mods have nothing to do with the technical status of the board. However, we were shown a picture of the server once:

oxrageous

Postby oxrageous » Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:12 pm

gatorade7 wrote:I hope Coach Muschamp will be a better steward of respect for this university.

We've already had about 30 arrests under Muschamp.
oxrageous

Postby URGatorBait » Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:13 pm

oxrageous wrote:
URGatorBait wrote:Ox...what's the deal with the board?

You're asking me? The mods have nothing to do with the technical status of the board. However, we were shown a picture of the server once:

lol

I didn't think you really oversaw it or anything. I was just curious if maybe you've heard something. It started yesterday, and continues today. Seems to go along with the Hernandez story, but it doesn't seem like there is all that much traffic here.
URGatorBait
Head Ball Coach

Postby oxrageous » Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:17 pm

I think a lot of players come from rough backgrounds at home. I read that Hernandez got involved in a bunch of crap after his father died at age 16, and that the coaching staff was concerned whenever he traveled back to Connecticut.

Perhaps coaches think you get a kid away from that stuff and get him in school and it could change his life. I'm sure it's done just that in many cases.
oxrageous

Postby gatorade7 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:32 pm

oxrageous wrote:
gatorade7 wrote:I hope Coach Muschamp will be a better steward of respect for this university.

We've already had about 30 arrests under Muschamp.

I said hope and I have given Muschamp a bit of a pass due to cleansing of the old regime (aka the Urban Meyer dumpster fire) and a roster primarily with other coaches players. He's on his own now- so I'm starting to agree with you.
Last edited by gatorade7 on Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gatorade7
Senior Gator

Next

Return to Gatorsports Forum