Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], RealGator97 and 42 guests

UF Volleyball

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Site Administrators, Moderator

UF Volleyball

Postby GatorKen » Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:23 pm

30 August 2013 is the start of the season. Campus USA Credit Union Invite before heading out to Texas to play some big time volleyball.

I'm excited to see Noami Santos-Lamb back in action after being out last year with injury. I believe Santos-Lamb, Mallette, Mann, Recek, Smith, Whaley, and Wiggs are going to be very fun to watch on the attack. Antwi and Swalchick should be in the mix too.
oxrageous wrote:Ken and I are now officially best friends.

I want an OC with the mentality of a High School Jr on Prom night rather than a guy who's been married 20 years and has 4 children.
GatorKen
Bull Gator

Re: UF Volleyball

Postby rogdochar » Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:01 pm

Thanks for update, "Kengator". Now, no sleaze here, but Women's
Volleyball is as enjoyable to watch as Men's Volleyball -- about the
only one.
rogdochar
Gatorsports Legend

Postby Homer J » Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:09 am

This thread sucks without pictures!
Homer J
Head Ball Coach

Postby GatorBart » Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:51 pm

Homer J wrote:This thread sucks without pictures!

Can you dig it?

Or is this the kind of volleyball pic you were looking for?
GatorBart
Head Ball Coach

Postby rogdochar » Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:33 pm

Bart knows sports, forward and backward .
rogdochar
Gatorsports Legend

Postby ufgatorfan97 » Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:18 pm

my daughter is attending the UF Volleyball camp the week of July 14th. She is confident she will be on scholarship someday at UF. She's 12. lol.

The shorts, which I used to really appreciate, now trouble me greatly. :cry:
ufgatorfan97

Postby rogdochar » Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:36 pm

ufgatorfan97 wrote:my daughter is attending the UF Volleyball camp the week of July 14th. She is confident she will be on scholarship someday at UF. She's 12. lol.

"Ohhh Daddy." .... That's only pro Beach Volleyball. Hopefully college
shorts will stay "gym-shorts" so the college boys don't show their asses.
rogdochar
Gatorsports Legend

Postby Swamp82 » Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:20 pm

Sorry pops but I do enjoy watching the girls play not only for their skills but the gym shorts on some of them. If she does play at UF someday just lets us know who she is and I will not look. Im so lucky to have had two boys and no girls. When it came. To dating I don't see how I could deal with boys coming to pick her up at the house. The boys would not have liked the verbal threats I would promise that would happen to them if they touched her. Need. More boys like Tim Tebow out there. I was a fathers nightmare, so that's why I feel like I do.
If you would like to keep your coach you can
Swamp82
Head Ball Coach

Postby GatorKen » Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:27 pm

ufgatorfan97 wrote:my daughter is attending the UF Volleyball camp the week of July 14th. She is confident she will be on scholarship someday at UF. She's 12. lol.

Awesome, hopefully she does well at the camp and gets to see plenty of games in person through the years. One thing I would suggest for her, work her legs. Coach tends to load that team with girls who have thick legs and can drive the ball

I want an OC with the mentality of a High School Jr on Prom night rather than a guy who's been married 20 years and has 4 children.
GatorKen
Bull Gator

Postby GatorKen » Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:28 pm

Awesome, hopefully she does well at the camp and gets to see plenty of games in person through the years. One thing I would suggest for her, work her legs. Coach tends to load that team with girls who have thick legs and can drive the ball

GatorKen
Bull Gator

Postby Class of '78 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:45 am

Your versatility is on full display, Ken, with your going from UFC/MMA to women's volleyball.
Class of '78
Bull Gator

Postby Ringer » Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:05 am

GatorBart wrote:

Can you dig it?

Like!

"Because in 2007, we learned that at their best, Florida is better than Ohio State. Yesterday we learned that at their worst, Florida is still better than Ohio State."
Ringer
Head Ball Coach

Postby GatorKen » Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:34 am

Class of '78 wrote:Your versatility is on full display, Ken, with your going from UFC/MMA to women's volleyball.

I watch 4 sports on a regular basis. Football, MMA, Volleyball, and Hockey. I'd watch Rugby 7s if it was more available.

GatorKen
Bull Gator

Postby WobbleGator » Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:37 am

GatorKen wrote:
Class of '78 wrote:Your versatility is on full display, Ken, with your going from UFC/MMA to women's volleyball.

I watch 4 sports on a regular basis. Football, MMA, Volleyball, and Hockey. I'd watch Rugby 7s if it was more available.

Only time I watch volleyball, is during the Olympics. Do wish Rugby was on TV more.
WobbleGator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby LBSpikes » Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:28 pm

GatorBart wrote:

Can you dig it?

nice
LBSpikes
Bull Gator

Postby GatorBart » Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:16 pm

Hang in there '97'. My two older brothers have beautiful, well-endowed, daughters and I too was concerned for them as an uncle. I can only imagine what my brothers went through getting them through HS and college.
For this reason alone, I'm glad I have a son.

GatorBart
Head Ball Coach

Postby GatorKen » Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:43 pm

WobbleGator wrote:
GatorKen wrote:

Only time I watch volleyball, is during the Olympics. Do wish Rugby was on TV more.

It saddens me to see so few fans at the UF volleyball games. Our ladies are some of the best in the country and their program is probably our most consistent successful sports program on campus. And they are the most attractive team on campus. I guess the Gymnastics team may be a close second.

GatorKen
Bull Gator

Postby Gatorlaw92 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:51 pm

That's right. A TRUE gator fan follows and supports all of our gator teams!! I hope volleyball gets back into the final four this year!! The most consistent gator team has to be the women's tennis team, though. They almost never lose before the national semifinals and lady gator tennis has the most national team titles for any program on UF campus. I root hard for all the gator teams, even though I can't go to as many games as I would like. My last one was gator softball supre-regional this year. It was a packed house and an exciting finish on the road to the world series!!!
Gatorlaw92
Senior Gator

Postby GatorBart » Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:08 pm

Gatorlaw92 wrote:That's right. A TRUE gator fan follows and supports all of our gator teams!! I hope volleyball gets back into the final four this year!! The most consistent gator team has to be the women's tennis team, though. They almost never lose before the national semifinals and lady gator tennis has the most national team titles for any program on UF campus. I root hard for all the gator teams, even though I can't go to as many games as I would like. My last one was gator softball supre-regional this year. It was a packed house and an exciting finish on the road to the world series!!!

And those lady Gator tennis players are pretty hot too. But better not post any pics of them.
GatorBart
Head Ball Coach

Postby GatorKen » Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:36 pm

Gatorlaw92 wrote:That's right. A TRUE gator fan follows and supports all of our gator teams!! I hope volleyball gets back into the final four this year!! The most consistent gator team has to be the women's tennis team, though. They almost never lose before the national semifinals and lady gator tennis has the most national team titles for any program on UF campus. I root hard for all the gator teams, even though I can't go to as many games as I would like. My last one was gator softball supre-regional this year. It was a packed house and an exciting finish on the road to the world series!!!

imo the softball team needs a bigger stadium. They should have a stadium as big as the baseball team. They are much more exciting to watch.

GatorKen
Bull Gator

Next

Return to Gatorsports Forum