Who is online

Users browsing this forum: alligatorbite, Flaglergator, Google Adsense [Bot] and 44 guests

Billy Donovan's Secret Sorrow

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Moderator, Site Administrators

Billy Donovan's Secret Sorrow

Postby cubsfan2123 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:14 am

I am sure this was posted on here when the story first came out, but that was 2 1/2 years ago and I had never read it or really knew about it, so I thought I would post it.

http://www.thepostgame.com/features/201101/billy-donovans-secret-sorrow
cubsfan2123
Senior Gator

Re: Billy Donovan's Secret Sorrow

Postby BSJGator » Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:36 am

Thanks for passing it along. It's old news, but a good reminder of what is truly important; and it ain't sports....
BSJGator
Heisman Gator

Postby gatorspook » Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:53 am

BSJGator wrote:Thanks for passing it along. It's old news, but a good reminder of what is truly important; and it ain't sports....

The few times I've talked personally to Billy be is pretty stiff and business-like. The exact opposite of someone who is very warm like Zooker or Adazzio...nor someone who keeps you laughing like Joker. But he is no-nonsense, respectful, and not a bad guy. I like him...but he's different.
gatorspook

Postby 8802gator » Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:31 pm

gatorspook wrote:
BSJGator wrote:Thanks for passing it along. It's old news, but a good reminder of what is truly important; and it ain't sports....

The few times I've talked personally to Billy be is pretty stiff and business-like. The exact opposite of someone who is very warm like Zooker or Adazzio...nor someone who keeps you laughing like Joker. But he is no-nonsense, respectful, and not a bad guy. I like him...but he's different.

I have only spoken to Billy once but he was very friendly. Great guy who didn't think twice about talking with me.You can definitely tell he is not much for small talk though.
"I want to thank God for makin' me a Gator" - Chandler Parsons
8802gator
Heisman Gator

Postby BSJGator » Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:37 pm

Had an opportunity to spend a few minutes with him when he Lee Humphrey and Chris Richard came to the Capitol for the legislature's recognition of the National Championship. I didn't find him stiff or standoffish or anything like that. He was more curious about the legislative process, and how things worked at the Capitol, than anything else.
BSJGator
Heisman Gator

Postby gatorspook » Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:12 pm

BSJGator wrote:Had an opportunity to spend a few minutes with him when he Lee Humphrey and Chris Richard came to the Capitol for the legislature's recognition of the National Championship. I didn't find him stiff or standoffish or anything like that. He was more curious about the legislative process, and how things worked at the Capitol, than anything else.

I agree..he's just businesslike.
gatorspook

Postby Looneyg8r » Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:51 pm

I just talked to him the other day, he told me the Zimmerman knock knock joke, I laughed, he did too.
Looneyg8r
Senior Gator

Postby gatordad » Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:30 pm

100% Class! End of thread...
Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans-John Lennon
gatordad
Heisman Gator

Return to Gatorsports Forum