Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], MSNbot Media and 29 guests

"Real" vs casual fans

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Moderator, Site Administrators

"Real" vs casual fans

Postby kcgator » Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:18 pm

Nothing is more annoying than the assertion by some that they are "real" fans and others are not; translation: you don't support the team the same way I do therefore you are not a "real" fan. WTF says that YOU are being a fan in the right manner. You hear this crap a lot in society; "you're not a real Christian", "you're not a real American", etc..As if any of these ass clowns does anything "better" than anyone else. I am a huge Gator fan, but I'm not a Steve Spurrier fan. Does that make me less of a fan? No. I also don't see UGAy as our biggest rival. However, I still bleed Orange and Blue. So the next time you question someone's support for the Gators, shut the hell up and support the team the way you want to! Human backwash...
kcgator
Head Ball Coach

Re: "Real" vs casual fans

Postby WobbleGator » Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:22 pm

:popcorn2:
WobbleGator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby Sasquatch Gator » Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:25 pm

kcgator wrote:Image
:burp:
Sasquatch Gator
Bull Gator

Postby HeadBallCoach » Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:28 pm

Once again, I find disappointment. Once again, I find no satisfaction. Once again, I find that it's because of a Real Fan's willingness to prevaricate and equivocate that he has never been accused of objectivity. For openers, he keeps saying that all any child needs is a big dose of television every day. Isn't that claim getting a little shopworn? I mean, he truly believes that freedom must be abolished in order for people to be more secure and comfortable. It is just such rude megalomania, wrongheaded, mingy egoism, and intellectual aberrancy that stirs a Real Fan to spoon-feed us his/her pabulum.

As you know, opposing a Real Fan's manipulative allocutions actively and earnestly is the moral duty of every good human being. Oh, you didn't know that? That's because a Real Fan has been trying to keep that fact hidden from the public so as to prevent people from realizing that I don't care what others say about him. A Real Fan is still supercilious, surly, and he/she intends to contaminate clear thinking with his unpatriotic, scabrous reports.

Having witnessed a Real Fan's carelessness with facts, the egregiously sloppy commentary he churns out on a daily basis, and his stultiloquent, "ends justify the means" approach to opportunism, I have serious doubts about a Real Fan's integrity and a strong conviction that those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it. Of course, if a Real Fan had learned anything from history, he/she would know that most people would agree that his ethics are marinated in favoritism. But once you've admitted that, you've admitted that vandalism, death threats, and slander are typical tactics used by a Real Fan's compatriots in stoicism. And it follows inexorably that, except in special cases, he says that education and open-mindedness are some kind of liability. Such verbal gems teach us that the hour is late indeed. Fortunately, it's not yet too late to sound the bugle of liberty. A Real Fan's eccentricity is surpassed only by his vanity and his/her vanity is surpassed only by his empty theorizing. (Remember his theory that ebola, AIDS, mad-cow disease, and the hantavirus were intentionally bioengineered by mindless, logorrheic Drawcansirs for the purpose of population reduction?)

We all need to be aware of each other's existence as intelligent, feeling, human beings, even if some of us are loud, stuporous losers. The two things I just mentioned—the way that a Real Fan is doing all he/she can to ensure that his kith and kin get a free pass from the establishment and the fact that he conceals his ill intent within esoteric vocabular abuses of our beloved language—may sound like they're completely unrelated, but they're not. The common link is that he has stated that his denunciations can give us deeper insights into the nature of reality. That's just pure Mohockism. Well, in a Real Fan's case, it might be pure ignorance, seeing that a Real Fan's attitudes would be less beer-guzzling if they were less pestilential. I don't think anyone questions that. But did you know that everyone who's heard of a Real Fan and who has a drop of freedom-loving blood in his veins will be horrified to learn that a Real Fan intends to tip the scales in his favor?

A Real Fan may be sincere, but he/she is also sincerely invidious. His/her causeries are enmeshed in feudalism. Still, this is all light opera amid the shrill insanity of a Real Fan's oligophrenic malisons. Most of you reading this post have your hearts in the right place. Now follow your hearts with actions. In a Real Fan's limited horizon he himself is the important object. As a sequence to this self-conceit, he imagines that society is screaming for his sophistries. We therefore need to explain to him that he argues that I am shiftless for wanting to take up the all-encompassing challenge of freedom, justice, equality, and the pursuit of life with full dignity. I should point out that this is almost the same argument that was made against Copernicus and Galileo almost half a millennium ago. As I have tried to show in this post, a Real Fan is like a Judas goat, leading us all to the slaughter. As long as you remember that, we may yet be able to open students' eyes, minds, hearts, and souls to the world around them.
HeadBallCoach
Redshirt Gator

Postby Homer J » Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:28 pm

I like to refer to two kinds of people relating to "Fandomonium":
There are fans and there are cheerleaders.

Fans can tell you who their starters will be at any given position.

A cheerleader walk around saying "rah rah, my team's #1" and they could care less that your team just beat them. All they know is they're wearing their favorite Walmart team shirt and that makes them a fan.
Homer J
Head Ball Coach

Postby itsgr82baflagator » Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:28 pm

I am a real casual fan. I hope that doesn't cause anyone a problem.
itsgr82baflagator
Head Ball Coach

Postby Swamp Queen » Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:34 pm

Sasquatch Gator wrote:
kcgator wrote:Image

:lol: :lol: :lol:
lizard84 wrote:maybe swamp queen and sas deserve each other.

DCflorida wrote:"Oh that's right, I had totally forgotten that we were 4-8 and Muschamp sucks. Thanks for the reminder, I will go back to being miserable and angry now."
Swamp Queen
Bull Gator

Postby Gator98MD » Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:39 pm

Interesting monologue
Gator98MD
All-American Gator

Postby Gator Fever » Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:13 pm

kcgator wrote:Nothing is more annoying than the assertion by some that they are "real" fans and others are not; translation: you don't support the team the same way I do therefore you are not a "real" fan. WTF says that YOU are being a fan in the right manner. You hear this crap a lot in society; "you're not a real Christian", "you're not a real American", etc..As if any of these ass clowns does anything "better" than anyone else. I am a huge Gator fan, but I'm not a Steve Spurrier fan. Does that make me less of a fan? No. I also don't see UGAy as our biggest rival. However, I still bleed Orange and Blue. So the next time you question someone's support for the Gators, shut the hell up and support the team the way you want to! Human backwash...

I see FSU as our biggest rival like many do.
" But understand we are not changing who we are philosophically on offense" - Coach Will Muschamp...
Gator Fever
Bull Gator

Postby MJMGator » Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:14 pm

kcgator wrote:Nothing is more annoying than the assertion by some that they are "real" fans and others are not; translation: you don't support the team the same way I do therefore you are not a "real" fan. WTF says that YOU are being a fan in the right manner. You hear this crap a lot in society; "you're not a real Christian", "you're not a real American", etc..As if any of these ass clowns does anything "better" than anyone else. I am a huge Gator fan, but I'm not a Steve Spurrier fan. Does that make me less of a fan? No. I also don't see UGAy as our biggest rival. However, I still bleed Orange and Blue. So the next time you question someone's support for the Gators, shut the hell up and support the team the way you want to! Human backwash...

You just aren't a REAL FAN. If you were, you would know the difference. :lol:
t-gator wrote:
Out of all those sperm cells I can't believe 561 one the race
MJMGator
Head Ball Coach

Postby MJMGator » Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:17 pm

HeadBallCoach wrote:Once again, I find disappointment. Once again, I find no satisfaction. Once again, I find that it's because of a Real Fan's willingness to prevaricate and equivocate that he has never been accused of objectivity. For openers, he keeps saying that all any child needs is a big dose of television every day. Isn't that claim getting a little shopworn? I mean, he truly believes that freedom must be abolished in order for people to be more secure and comfortable. It is just such rude megalomania, wrongheaded, mingy egoism, and intellectual aberrancy that stirs a Real Fan to spoon-feed us his/her pabulum.

As you know, opposing a Real Fan's manipulative allocutions actively and earnestly is the moral duty of every good human being. Oh, you didn't know that? That's because a Real Fan has been trying to keep that fact hidden from the public so as to prevent people from realizing that I don't care what others say about him. A Real Fan is still supercilious, surly, and he/she intends to contaminate clear thinking with his unpatriotic, scabrous reports.

Having witnessed a Real Fan's carelessness with facts, the egregiously sloppy commentary he churns out on a daily basis, and his stultiloquent, "ends justify the means" approach to opportunism, I have serious doubts about a Real Fan's integrity and a strong conviction that those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it. Of course, if a Real Fan had learned anything from history, he/she would know that most people would agree that his ethics are marinated in favoritism. But once you've admitted that, you've admitted that vandalism, death threats, and slander are typical tactics used by a Real Fan's compatriots in stoicism. And it follows inexorably that, except in special cases, he says that education and open-mindedness are some kind of liability. Such verbal gems teach us that the hour is late indeed. Fortunately, it's not yet too late to sound the bugle of liberty. A Real Fan's eccentricity is surpassed only by his vanity and his/her vanity is surpassed only by his empty theorizing. (Remember his theory that ebola, AIDS, mad-cow disease, and the hantavirus were intentionally bioengineered by mindless, logorrheic Drawcansirs for the purpose of population reduction?)

We all need to be aware of each other's existence as intelligent, feeling, human beings, even if some of us are loud, stuporous losers. The two things I just mentioned—the way that a Real Fan is doing all he/she can to ensure that his kith and kin get a free pass from the establishment and the fact that he conceals his ill intent within esoteric vocabular abuses of our beloved language—may sound like they're completely unrelated, but they're not. The common link is that he has stated that his denunciations can give us deeper insights into the nature of reality. That's just pure Mohockism. Well, in a Real Fan's case, it might be pure ignorance, seeing that a Real Fan's attitudes would be less beer-guzzling if they were less pestilential. I don't think anyone questions that. But did you know that everyone who's heard of a Real Fan and who has a drop of freedom-loving blood in his veins will be horrified to learn that a Real Fan intends to tip the scales in his favor?

A Real Fan may be sincere, but he/she is also sincerely invidious. His/her causeries are enmeshed in feudalism. Still, this is all light opera amid the shrill insanity of a Real Fan's oligophrenic malisons. Most of you reading this post have your hearts in the right place. Now follow your hearts with actions. In a Real Fan's limited horizon he himself is the important object. As a sequence to this self-conceit, he imagines that society is screaming for his sophistries. We therefore need to explain to him that he argues that I am shiftless for wanting to take up the all-encompassing challenge of freedom, justice, equality, and the pursuit of life with full dignity. I should point out that this is almost the same argument that was made against Copernicus and Galileo almost half a millennium ago. As I have tried to show in this post, a Real Fan is like a Judas goat, leading us all to the slaughter. As long as you remember that, we may yet be able to open students' eyes, minds, hearts, and souls to the world around them.

Huh? :idontknow:
t-gator wrote:
MJMGator
Head Ball Coach

Postby willgetin » Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:28 pm

MJMGator wrote:

Yep. If he were a "REAL" fan, he would be a Steve Spurrier fan, whether or not he likes the guy.

:rimshot:
Alv: We have no excuses for this humiliating loss. We have only ourselves to blame. Tennessee most definitely deserved to lose.
Alv: You do realize your signature bums me out more than any other Jort rabble on the GSMB...Any chance you would...remove it?
willgetin
Heisman Gator

Postby AlexDaGator » Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:29 pm

Sorry KC.

You're not really angry.

You're just casually angry.

This is really angry:

Alex.
AlexDaGator
Heisman Gator

Postby MJMGator » Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:30 pm

AlexDaGator wrote:Sorry KC.

You're not really angry.

You're just casually angry.

This is really angry:

Alex.

+1
t-gator wrote:
MJMGator
Head Ball Coach

Postby kcgator » Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:40 pm

willgetin wrote:
MJMGator wrote:

Yep. If he were a "REAL" fan, he would be a Steve Spurrier fan, whether or not he likes the guy.

Whatever. He's an ass and I don't care for him. I hope he gets nasal herpes.
kcgator
Head Ball Coach

Postby MJMGator » Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:44 pm

kcgator wrote:
willgetin wrote:
MJMGator wrote:

Typical response from a casual fan. :lol:
t-gator wrote:
MJMGator
Head Ball Coach

Postby ShowMeLove » Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:53 pm

MJMGator wrote:
kcgator wrote:
willgetin wrote:
MJMGator wrote:

Typical response from a casual fan. :lol:

He's not a real American either.
ShowMeLove
Heisman Gator

Postby heavychevy » Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:02 pm

I'm really casual; where do I stand?
heavychevy
True Gator

Postby rogdochar » Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:26 pm

"KC" you're a real fanny. :eek: