Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Durty South Swamp, GatorJB, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Jabberdave, Sasquatch Gator, Swamp Queen and 50 guests

Freshmen arriving on UF campus this week

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Moderator, Site Administrators

Freshmen arriving on UF campus this week

Postby Zach Abolverdi » Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:57 am

Follow me on Twitter @ http://twitter.com/ZachAbolverdi
Request me on Facebook @ http://facebook.com/ZachAbolverdi
Zach Abolverdi
GatorSports Writer

Re: Freshmen arriving on UF campus this week

Postby GatorTAG » Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:09 am

I assume you have a story in the works about VH3?
Swamp Queen wrote:I miss basketball just so you negative tards couldn't complain as much.
GatorTAG
Head Ball Coach

Postby BMF » Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:13 am

That's a great list of freshman. Solid at every position. The two DT's look like future stars. Lots of OLs too...which we need badly. I hope more than 1 of the WRs steps up.
BMF
Head Ball Coach

Postby GatorJB » Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:27 am

This could potentially be UF's best recruiting class since '06.
GatorJB
Heisman Gator

Postby Zach Abolverdi » Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:33 am

GatorTAG wrote:I assume you have a story in the works about VH3?

Not right now. I've just watched him play twice in person and was blown away. He has the potential to be one of the best corners in UF history.

If you want to read up on him, here's a couple stories I did during his recruitment.

NSD feature: http://www.gatorsports.com/article/2013 ... /130219962

Gator Prospectus profile: http://recruiting.blogs.gatorsports.com ... eaves-iii/
Follow me on Twitter @ http://twitter.com/ZachAbolverdi
Request me on Facebook @ http://facebook.com/ZachAbolverdi
Zach Abolverdi
GatorSports Writer

Postby Gator98MD » Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:59 am

GatorJB wrote:This could potentially be UF's best recruiting class since '06.

Will needs to get on the stick for 2014, our stud recruits in this next class seem to be waning
Gator98MD
All-American Gator

Postby Slevin » Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:22 pm

When I saw the article on the front page, my face lit up. I don't think I've been this excited about a freshman class reporting on campus in a very, very, long time. This class has so many potential starters it's insane to think about. Even the 06 class wasn't this in depth. This class is very well rounded and if they put it all together, they will be the center piece to another dynasty.
soflagator wrote:
law98gator wrote:Im not sure what the deal is with Nickelback.

You already admitted in another thread you were related to the lead singer of Nickelback. :lol:
Slevin

Postby GatorJB » Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:27 pm

Slevin wrote:When I saw the article on the front page, my face lit up. I don't think I've been this excited about a freshman class reporting on campus in a very, very, long time. This class has so many potential starters it's insane to think about. Even the 06 class wasn't this in depth. This class is very well rounded and if they put it all together, they will be the center piece to another dynasty.

I agree. There may not be a Heisman winner in this group, but there does seem to be lots of talent and depth across the board that UF hasn't had in previous classes.
GatorJB
Heisman Gator

Postby Homer J » Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:21 pm

GatorJB wrote:
Slevin wrote:When I saw the article on the front page, my face lit up. I don't think I've been this excited about a freshman class reporting on campus in a very, very, long time. This class has so many potential starters it's insane to think about. Even the 06 class wasn't this in depth. This class is very well rounded and if they put it all together, they will be the center piece to another dynasty.

I agree. There may not be a Heisman winner in this group, but there does seem to be lots of talent and depth across the board that UF hasn't had in previous classes.

That's what I see. Champ played a lot of people last year and they got some great experience.
Homer J
Head Ball Coach

Postby GatorTAG » Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:23 pm

GatorJB wrote:

Taylor is obviously the best shot at a Heisman. I'm hoping Fulwood or Robinson is Sammy Watkins-ish.
Swamp Queen wrote:I miss basketball just so you negative tards couldn't complain as much.
GatorTAG
Head Ball Coach

Postby Red D » Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:37 pm

18 year old kids haven't even received their rooming assignments yet and we're scoping them out to see who's the next Heisman hopeful? SMH
Red D
Senior Gator

Postby BMF » Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:50 pm

Red D wrote:18 year old kids haven't even received their rooming assignments yet and we're scoping them out to see who's the next Heisman hopeful? SMH

Agree. It's pretty safe to post "...none of them may be a Heisman winner, but..." When we've only had 3 recruiting classes in the history of our program win a Heisman. I really don't care if any of these kids ever receive one single Heisman vote...but I'd like to see them receive a lot of All-SEC Team votes.

This class is very well rounded w/ plenty of players at most positions. Even if we lose several to attrition we'll be fine. Very good overall class. Just have to hope they develop and become productive members of the team.
BMF
Head Ball Coach

Postby law98gator » Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:03 pm

GatorTAG wrote:Taylor is obviously the best shot at a Heisman. I'm hoping Fulwood or Robinson is Sammy Watkins-ish.

Heisman? I'd be more than happy to see a couple of legitimate SEC receivers and someone who could throw a forward pass.

Our TBs are set.
ufgator812. wrote:Fvck them all. Fvck Richt, Herschel, Will Muschamp, Larry Munson, Deborah Norville, Lindsey Scott (fvck him twice), Vince Dooley (and all of his family, friends and neighbors), R.E.M and the B-52's... Yes, Fvck them all.
law98gator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby GatorTAG » Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:56 pm

law98gator wrote:
GatorTAG wrote:Taylor is obviously the best shot at a Heisman. I'm hoping Fulwood or Robinson is Sammy Watkins-ish.

Heisman? I'd be more than happy to see a couple of legitimate SEC receivers and someone who could throw a forward pass.

Our TBs are set.

Even in a positive thread about incoming freshmen you couldn't resist taking a Driskel dig could you.

Law, every day he's Driskelin.

GatorTAG
Head Ball Coach

Postby WobbleGator » Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:09 pm

GatorTAG wrote:
law98gator wrote:

Our TBs are set.

Even in a positive thread about incoming freshmen you couldn't resist taking a Driskel dig could you.

Law, every day he's Driskelin.

:lol:
WobbleGator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby Swamp Queen » Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:13 pm

I swear we saw Driskel in Massachusetts last weekend at a concert!

lizard84 wrote:maybe swamp queen and sas deserve each other.

DCflorida wrote:"Oh that's right, I had totally forgotten that we were 4-8 and Muschamp sucks. Thanks for the reminder, I will go back to being miserable and angry now."
Swamp Queen
Bull Gator

Postby Slevin » Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:59 pm

law98gator wrote:

Our TBs are set.

this is getting to trollish levels. take a few days off to calm yourself. luh ya dawg but DAAAYUM Driskel musta took your first love or something
soflagator wrote:
law98gator wrote:Im not sure what the deal is with Nickelback.

You already admitted in another thread you were related to the lead singer of Nickelback. :lol:
Slevin

Postby WobbleGator » Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:59 pm

Slevin wrote:
law98gator wrote:

Our TBs are set.

this is getting to trollish levels. take a few days off to calm yourself. luh ya dawg but DAAAYUM Driskel musta took your first love or something

:yess:
WobbleGator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby Swamp Queen » Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:03 pm

Slevin wrote:
law98gator wrote:

Our TBs are set.

Getting to trollish levels? I think he reached that long ago. But nice someone finally noticed!
lizard84 wrote:maybe swamp queen and sas deserve each other.

DCflorida wrote:"Oh that's right, I had totally forgotten that we were 4-8 and Muschamp sucks. Thanks for the reminder, I will go back to being miserable and angry now."
Swamp Queen
Bull Gator

Postby MJMGator » Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:08 pm

Slevin wrote:
law98gator wrote:

Our TBs are set.

:bananabye:
This should give you time to come up with some new material.
t-gator wrote:
Out of all those sperm cells I can't believe 561 one the race
MJMGator
Head Ball Coach

Next

Return to Gatorsports Forum