Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Clawhammergator, Google [Bot], MSNbot Media and 44 guests

Tom Luginbill (Law, DO NOT read)

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Site Administrators, Moderator

Tom Luginbill (Law, DO NOT read)

Postby GatorTAG » Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:46 pm

Was listening to the radio here is Jax this morning and our friend Dan Hicken asked Luginbill out of the following QB's who he thought projected best to the NFL, Bridgewater, Murray, Boyd, Manziel or McCarron.

Luginbill said (Paraphrasing) "when it's all said and done Jeff Driskel is the one I think is the most physically talented QB out of that list. I think Driskel has the best opportunity to elevate his game this year".

Audio - Driskel comments start at about the 7:00 minute mark. http://www.stationcaster.com/player_skinned.php?s=631&c=3471&f=1554871

Confabulate.
Swamp Queen wrote:I miss basketball just so you negative tards couldn't complain as much.
GatorTAG
Head Ball Coach

Re: Tom Luginbill (Law, DO NOT read)

Postby Gator Fever » Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:51 pm

I want Driskel to succeed and think he will improve enough to give us a chance to win the SEC but that statement is just crazy imo based on how he has looked so far the past 2 seasons.

The more I look at the statement now I guess it isn't so crazy if he just means elevating his game and not projecting to the NFL.
" But understand we are not changing who we are philosophically on offense" - Coach Will Muschamp...
Gator Fever
Bull Gator

Postby 8802gator » Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:59 pm

As far as physical ability Driskel is a stud. He just needs to elevate the mental aspect of his game. All you have to do is watch that dime he dropped to jordan reed with a defender in his face to know the kid has the talent to get the job done.
"I want to thank God for makin' me a Gator" - Chandler Parsons
8802gator
Heisman Gator

Postby GatorTAG » Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:59 pm

Gator Fever wrote:I want Driskel to succeed and think he will improve enough to give us a chance to win the SEC but that statement is just crazy imo based on how he has looked so far the past 2 seasons.

The more I look at the statement now I guess it isn't so crazy if he just means elevating his game and not projecting to the NFL.

Well, the question asked was who projected best to the NFL out of those 5. Driskel was the QB he thought of and talked about first.
Swamp Queen wrote:I miss basketball just so you negative tards couldn't complain as much.
GatorTAG
Head Ball Coach

Postby Gator Fever » Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:02 pm

GatorTAG wrote:
Gator Fever wrote:I want Driskel to succeed and think he will improve enough to give us a chance to win the SEC but that statement is just crazy imo based on how he has looked so far the past 2 seasons.

Well, the question asked was who projected best to the NFL out of those 5. Driskel was the QB he thought of and talked about first.

True - I guess I will have to call him a little crazy then imo - I am trying to remember a college QB that in his Junior season just turned the lights on all at once and made a huge improvement that started as a sophomore. I can only remember some doing it when a new more pass heavy offense was installed or something like that.
" But understand we are not changing who we are philosophically on offense" - Coach Will Muschamp...
Gator Fever
Bull Gator

Postby I Have No Friends :( » Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:07 pm

I can't recall anyone suggesting that Driskel lacked the physical tools to be a superstar QB. The problem was and still is (as far as we know given the Spring Fiasco) between the ears. If he can put it together upstairs, the sky is the limit for him.

I will say this in Driskel's defense: I believe coaching has failed him since pop-warner. It's time for Pease to earn his paycheck and at least make Driskel average. If Driskel puts in the time and effort to excel from there, we'll have a very special QB indeed.
gatorpe wrote:Urb is a low life lying lover jilting big ten dBAG.

I Have No Friends :(
Bull Gator

Postby Class of '78 » Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:32 pm

I'd have used reverse psychology and titled this thread: Law, By All Means Do Read.
Class of '78
Bull Gator

Postby rogdochar » Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:36 pm

Geez, with that harking "Law, DO NOT read", I thought this was a
thread-message to our congressmen.

Anyway,"Law98" shouldn't read/hear this 'cause of what happens
when antimatter collides with this guy who matters.

Driskel projects as the best NFL bet. Isn't he saying he's a "project"...
one worth the investment ? Driskel completed more than 60% with
a too porous OL and quite possibly the SEC worst WR crew.While his
QB-runs were not "mined" he broke Tebow's single game record, which
has to be near the top for NCAA QBs of "non-QB-running-offenses".

This 2013 season most likely will see Driskel making a jump towards
the top BCS QBs. And another upward advance in 2014, as a senior.
rogdochar
Gatorsports Legend

Postby Gator Fever » Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:02 pm

rogdochar wrote: Driskel completed more than 60% with
a too porous OL and quite possibly the SEC worst WR crew.

Are you trying to copy me where I was making a case that Driskel was better than Wuerffel as a sophomore using that stat. :lol:
Gator Fever
Bull Gator

Postby GatorBart » Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:12 pm

GatorTAG wrote:

Yep, and it's interesting that JD wasn't even in the original list of 5, yet TL singled him out.

GatorBart
Head Ball Coach

Postby rogdochar » Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:16 pm

Gator Fever wrote:

Are you trying to copy me where I was making a case that Driskel was better than Wuerffel as a sophomore using that stat. :lol:

Well biochem-wise, I am a carbon-copy of you. ;)
rogdochar
Gatorsports Legend

Postby HogTownDave » Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:26 pm

I believe that is you put JD behind the center of the 2006 team, we would still be talking about how great he was.

No disrespect to Chris Leak. I love Chris and he'll always be a Gator Great.

I really believe the JD has the talent to be really a great qb given the right support.
HogTownDave
Freshman Gator

Postby law98gator » Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:51 pm

Class of '78 wrote:I'd have used reverse psychology and titled this thread: Law, By All Means Do Read.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Driskel has a strong arm and is big and fast. He should be a top pick. We'll see how the next year or two pans out for him. I hope it goes well and he's the top pick. If he's not a top pick, he'll only have to look in the mirror for the one to blame.
Last edited by law98gator on Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ufgator812. wrote:Fvck Richt, Herschel, Will Muschamp, Larry Munson, Lindsey Scott (fvck him twice), Vince Dooley ... Yes, Fvck them all.

divits888 wrote:
Bammer wrote:Isn't government intrusion your flavor du jour, divits?
Isn’t every flavor ever known to man your flavor du jour?
law98gator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby law98gator » Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:53 pm

Gator Fever wrote:

Wuerffel rarely threw 3-4 yard passes. At this point, JD couldn't hold one of Wuerffel's dirty jocks.
ufgator812. wrote:Fvck Richt, Herschel, Will Muschamp, Larry Munson, Lindsey Scott (fvck him twice), Vince Dooley ... Yes, Fvck them all.

divits888 wrote:
law98gator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby CapitalGator02 » Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:54 pm

law98gator wrote:Driskel has a strong arm and is big and fast. He should be a top pick. We'll see how the next year or two pans out for him. I hope it goes well and he's the top pick.

Hopefully he worked on that thing between his ears this off season.
CapitalGator02
Head Ball Coach

Postby NVGator » Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:55 pm

Talent doesn't always equal success. I've read a lot of posts over the past few months and understand where IHNF and Law are coming from. There's also the extreme opposite out there who are led by blind faith of sole talent in Driskel. That, or it's the coaches fault he's not more successful.

I think I'll go the path of a proven track record rather than just talent.

I think it's time JD shows remarkable decision making improvement and let go of the OL and coaching excuses.
Failure is not fatal, but failure to change might be.
John Wooden

Coach9 wrote:8-4 Should always be considered a bad year at Florida. That should be our lower limit. Undefeated down to 8-4 should be our window.
NVGator
Bull Gator

Postby Gator Fever » Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:11 pm

law98gator wrote:
Gator Fever wrote:

Wuerffel rarely threw 3-4 yard passes. At this point, JD couldn't hold one of Wuerffel's dirty jocks.

Hey Driskel had a better record his sophomore season than Wuerffel and Driskel wasn't the QB playing when we blew a 28 point lead in a rivalry game.
Gator Fever
Bull Gator

Postby WobbleGator » Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:35 pm

law98gator wrote:
Class of '78 wrote:I'd have used reverse psychology and titled this thread: Law, By All Means Do Read.

Driskel has a strong arm and is big and fast. He should be a top pick. We'll see how the next year or two pans out for him. I hope it goes well and he's the top pick. If he's not a top pick, he'll only have to look in the mirror for the one to blame.

How hard was it for you to post this?
WobbleGator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby rogdochar » Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:41 pm

law98gator wrote:
Gator Fever wrote:

According to "Wobbs", Weurffel never dirtied a jock. :eek:
rogdochar
Gatorsports Legend

Postby law98gator » Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:45 pm

WobbleGator wrote:
law98gator wrote:

How hard was it for you to post this?

Why would it be hard? His problems are between his ears. Just like The Braying Donkey, no one has ever doubted the kid has a strong arm and all the physical tools.

divits888 wrote:
law98gator
Gatorsports Legend

Next

Return to Gatorsports Forum