Who is online

Users browsing this forum: cuuf, Gator Fever, gatordad3, Google Adsense [Bot], Maillot Jaune, MSNbot Media, Naples Gator, Sasquatch Gator, WobbleGator, Yahoo [Bot] and 96 guests

Sugar Bowl Loss

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Site Administrators, Moderator

Sugar Bowl Loss

Postby Jrcurtis » Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:00 am

It was obvious that the players weren't in this game. Evans substantiated what most of us thought.

http://www.topix.com/forum/ncaa/florida ... Q#lastPost.
Jrcurtis
True Gator

Re: Sugar Bowl Loss

Postby rogdochar » Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:04 am

Too bad that commanding coach, Charlie Strong, was nowhere around
to prevent this.
rogdochar
Gatorsports Legend

Postby crosscreekcooter » Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:20 am

I couldn't get past the part about "trying to drum up interest about the Gags."
crosscreekcooter
Head Ball Coach

Postby Alagator » Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:59 am

Pretty sad that a pro team comes through a college town to "drum up interest" for an in state professional team. I bet if Tebow was on the roster, interest in the Jags would be at an all time high. But I digress... :?
Kcgator wrote:
...bite him in his tightly puckered anus.

Soflagator wrote:
"We should really try not sucking for 30+ minutes of each game."
Alagator
Heisman Gator

Postby rogdochar » Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:08 am

The point is that if Gator "stars" plugged the Jaguars it might arouse
more appeal than promo by the NFL roster-fairyians that are The Gags.
rogdochar
Gatorsports Legend

Postby ShowMeLove » Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:54 am

Alagator wrote:Pretty sad that a pro team comes through a college town to "drum up interest" for an in state professional team. I bet if Tebow was on the roster, interest in the Jags would be at an all time high. But I digress... :?

ShowMeLove
Heisman Gator

Postby Class of '78 » Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:40 pm

So the players' pump wasn't primed but at the same time they admit they weren't ready for how good Bridgewater turned out to be? Which one is it?
Class of '78
Bull Gator

Postby gatormandan » Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:49 pm

They got whipped. Plain and simple. No excuses.
gatormandan
True Gator

Postby Homer J » Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:52 pm

Class of '78 wrote:So the players' pump wasn't primed but at the same time they admit they weren't ready for how good Bridgewater turned out to be? Which one is it?

Good? Child, please. He is not as good as people think he is. We made this kid into a Heisman candidate and future 1st rounder. He'll come crashing back to earth by week 4.
Homer J
Head Ball Coach

Postby scmike » Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:54 pm

No excuse. The GATORS should be prepared mentally for every game. In this one, Charlie Strong and his boys simply kicked our collective Gator a$$e$.
scmike
Senior Gator

Postby vulcan_alex » Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:42 pm

While I agree that we were distracted and out coached one of the key plays was the pic 6 to start the game. It is my understanding that someone lined up wrong (Dunbar??) and this contributed to the error. Not having an experienced QB who could have fixed it or changed the play etc. compounded the mistake.
I am a "Vulcan" and try hard to keep things logical and without emotion. However as a "Vulcan" I have a highly emotional reaction mode for special occasions.
UF 1973 Physics
Miami Carol City
Financial Planning / Quality
Tn
vulcan_alex
Bull Gator

Postby old mossback gator » Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:45 pm

I feel that I connected the dots when UF's former DC announced after the Sugar Bowl that he was leaving the Gators to coach in the NFL.

I suspect that some of the players knew that the DC was leaving and, since they were leaving too, they all (including the coach) copped an attitude of I don't care because we are leaving the Gators behind after this game.

There was a time during the game when Coach Boom called a time-out and gathered the defense around him. He gave them a "talking to" while the former DC just stood in the background and didn't do anything.
old mossback gator
Redshirt Gator

Postby MariettaGator » Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:27 pm

Players didn't want to be there and neither did the fans. I sold my tickets because I saw it coming. Coaches should have seen it coming too.
MariettaGator
Senior Gator

Postby law98gator » Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:20 pm

Why do people keep blaming the defense for the fvkktarded turnovers? The defense had one less than stellar game while the offense was three and out for the whole damn season. The defense didn't end the season 108th.

When you have no offense, eventually, your luck wears out. We're just lucky it didn't happen more often during all those come from behind wins. Getting embarrassed by Loooeyvulle could have easily been getting embarrassed by directional Loooeyzeeanna.
ufgator812. wrote:Fvck Richt, Herschel, Will Muschamp, Larry Munson, Lindsey Scott (fvck him twice), Vince Dooley ... Yes, Fvck them all.

divits888 wrote:
Bammer wrote:Isn't government intrusion your flavor du jour, divits?
Isn’t every flavor ever known to man your flavor du jour?
law98gator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby GatorTAG » Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:28 pm

This is just further proof of how bad the Jags really are when Josh Evans (a 6th round pick) is practicing with the 1st team defense.
Swamp Queen wrote:I miss basketball just so you negative tards couldn't complain as much.
GatorTAG
Head Ball Coach

Postby kcgator » Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:35 pm

Homer J wrote:
Class of '78 wrote:So the players' pump wasn't primed but at the same time they admit they weren't ready for how good Bridgewater turned out to be? Which one is it?

Good? Child, please. He is not as good as people think he is. We made this kid into a Heisman candidate and future 1st rounder. He'll come crashing back to earth by week 4.

Sour grapes much? He kicked our ass and until proven otherwise, he's that good.
kcgator
Head Ball Coach

Postby Gator Fever » Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:28 pm

law98gator wrote:Why do people keep blaming the defense for the fvkktarded turnovers? The defense had one less than stellar game while the offense was three and out for the whole damn season. The defense didn't end the season 108th.

When you have no offense, eventually, your luck wears out. We're just lucky it didn't happen more often during all those come from behind wins. Getting embarrassed by Loooeyvulle could have easily been getting embarrassed by directional Loooeyzeeanna.

After watching Louisville earlier in the season I am convinced our defense and ST should have been able to beat them basically but it was obvious the NFL guys were looking ahead mostly imo.
" But understand we are not changing who we are philosophically on offense" - Coach Will Muschamp...
Gator Fever
Bull Gator

Postby law98gator » Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:53 pm

North Carolina scored 34 vs. Looeyvulle
Florida International scored 21.
Pittsburgh scored 35. PITTSBURGH!!!!
South Florida scored 25.
Cincinnati-- yes, the team that lost to the Voles-- scored 31.
Syracuse 26.

Yeah the ST did their thing, and Debose had that 100 yard TD.
Yeah the defense wasn't their sharpest, but the offense was it's usual 14 point dungpile. Maybe some day we'll have an offense as good as Pittsburgh, N Carolina, or Cincinnati so we can stay with those heavy hitters like Looeyvulle.
ufgator812. wrote:Fvck Richt, Herschel, Will Muschamp, Larry Munson, Lindsey Scott (fvck him twice), Vince Dooley ... Yes, Fvck them all.

divits888 wrote:
law98gator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby WobbleGator » Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:57 pm

So glad law is here to remind us that the offense struggled. :rolleyes:
WobbleGator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby law98gator » Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:58 pm

GatorTAG wrote:This is just further proof of how bad the Jags really are when Josh Evans (a 6th round pick) is practicing with the 1st team defense.

The Gags are a I-AA All-star team.
Last edited by law98gator on Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

divits888 wrote:
law98gator
Gatorsports Legend

Next

Return to Gatorsports Forum