Who is online

Users browsing this forum: cuuf, Gator Fever, gatordad3, Google Adsense [Bot], Maillot Jaune, MSNbot Media, Naples Gator, Sasquatch Gator, WobbleGator, Yahoo [Bot] and 96 guests

Sugar Bowl Loss

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Site Administrators, Moderator

Sugar Bowl Loss

Postby Jrcurtis » Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:00 am

It was obvious that the players weren't in this game. Evans substantiated what most of us thought.

http://www.topix.com/forum/ncaa/florida ... Q#lastPost.
User avatar
Jrcurtis
True Gator
 
Posts: 677
Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:39 pm
Location: Ocala, FL

Re: Sugar Bowl Loss

Postby rogdochar » Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:04 am

Too bad that commanding coach, Charlie Strong, was nowhere around
to prevent this.
User avatar
rogdochar
Gatorsports Legend
 
Posts: 12740
Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:17 am

Re: Sugar Bowl Loss

Postby crosscreekcooter » Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:20 am

I couldn't get past the part about "trying to drum up interest about the Gags."
User avatar
crosscreekcooter
Head Ball Coach
 
Posts: 2805
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:58 pm

Re: Sugar Bowl Loss

Postby Alagator » Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:59 am

Pretty sad that a pro team comes through a college town to "drum up interest" for an in state professional team. I bet if Tebow was on the roster, interest in the Jags would be at an all time high. But I digress... :?
Kcgator wrote:
...bite him in his tightly puckered anus.

Soflagator wrote:
"We should really try not sucking for 30+ minutes of each game."
User avatar
Alagator
Heisman Gator
 
Posts: 1975
Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:20 pm

Re: Sugar Bowl Loss

Postby rogdochar » Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:08 am

The point is that if Gator "stars" plugged the Jaguars it might arouse
more appeal than promo by the NFL roster-fairyians that are The Gags.
User avatar
rogdochar
Gatorsports Legend
 
Posts: 12740
Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:17 am

Re: Sugar Bowl Loss

Postby ShowMeLove » Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:54 am

Alagator wrote:Pretty sad that a pro team comes through a college town to "drum up interest" for an in state professional team. I bet if Tebow was on the roster, interest in the Jags would be at an all time high. But I digress... :?


Image
User avatar
ShowMeLove
Heisman Gator
 
Posts: 1673
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:00 pm

Re: Sugar Bowl Loss

Postby Class of '78 » Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:40 pm

So the players' pump wasn't primed but at the same time they admit they weren't ready for how good Bridgewater turned out to be? Which one is it?
User avatar
Class of '78
Bull Gator
 
Posts: 6568
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:43 pm

Re: Sugar Bowl Loss

Postby gatormandan » Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:49 pm

They got whipped. Plain and simple. No excuses.
User avatar
gatormandan
True Gator
 
Posts: 684
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:09 am

Re: Sugar Bowl Loss

Postby Homer J » Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:52 pm

Class of '78 wrote:So the players' pump wasn't primed but at the same time they admit they weren't ready for how good Bridgewater turned out to be? Which one is it?



Good? Child, please. He is not as good as people think he is. We made this kid into a Heisman candidate and future 1st rounder. He'll come crashing back to earth by week 4.
Image
User avatar
Homer J
Head Ball Coach
 
Posts: 4800
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:59 pm
Location: Flowery Branch, GA

Re: Sugar Bowl Loss

Postby scmike » Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:54 pm

No excuse. The GATORS should be prepared mentally for every game. In this one, Charlie Strong and his boys simply kicked our collective Gator a$$e$.
scmike
Senior Gator
 
Posts: 359
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:10 am

Re: Sugar Bowl Loss

Postby vulcan_alex » Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:42 pm

While I agree that we were distracted and out coached one of the key plays was the pic 6 to start the game. It is my understanding that someone lined up wrong (Dunbar??) and this contributed to the error. Not having an experienced QB who could have fixed it or changed the play etc. compounded the mistake.
I am a "Vulcan" and try hard to keep things logical and without emotion. However as a "Vulcan" I have a highly emotional reaction mode for special occasions.
UF 1973 Physics
Miami Carol City
Financial Planning / Quality
Tn
vulcan_alex
Bull Gator
 
Posts: 7529
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:02 pm

Re: Sugar Bowl Loss

Postby old mossback gator » Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:45 pm

I feel that I connected the dots when UF's former DC announced after the Sugar Bowl that he was leaving the Gators to coach in the NFL.

I suspect that some of the players knew that the DC was leaving and, since they were leaving too, they all (including the coach) copped an attitude of I don't care because we are leaving the Gators behind after this game.

There was a time during the game when Coach Boom called a time-out and gathered the defense around him. He gave them a "talking to" while the former DC just stood in the background and didn't do anything.
User avatar
old mossback gator
Redshirt Gator
 
Posts: 71
Joined: Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:22 pm

Re: Sugar Bowl Loss

Postby MariettaGator » Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:27 pm

Players didn't want to be there and neither did the fans. I sold my tickets because I saw it coming. Coaches should have seen it coming too.
User avatar
MariettaGator
Senior Gator
 
Posts: 316
Joined: Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:15 pm

Re: Sugar Bowl Loss

Postby law98gator » Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:20 pm

Why do people keep blaming the defense for the fvkktarded turnovers? The defense had one less than stellar game while the offense was three and out for the whole damn season. The defense didn't end the season 108th.

When you have no offense, eventually, your luck wears out. We're just lucky it didn't happen more often during all those come from behind wins. Getting embarrassed by Loooeyvulle could have easily been getting embarrassed by directional Loooeyzeeanna.
ufgator812. wrote:Fvck Richt, Herschel, Will Muschamp, Larry Munson, Lindsey Scott (fvck him twice), Vince Dooley ... Yes, Fvck them all.

divits888 wrote:
Bammer wrote:Isn't government intrusion your flavor du jour, divits?
Isn’t every flavor ever known to man your flavor du jour?
User avatar
law98gator
Gatorsports Legend
 
Posts: 16920
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:03 pm

Re: Sugar Bowl Loss

Postby GatorTAG » Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:28 pm

This is just further proof of how bad the Jags really are when Josh Evans (a 6th round pick) is practicing with the 1st team defense.
Swamp Queen wrote:I miss basketball just so you negative tards couldn't complain as much.
User avatar
GatorTAG
Head Ball Coach
 
Posts: 4692
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:00 pm

Re: Sugar Bowl Loss

Postby kcgator » Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:35 pm

Homer J wrote:
Class of '78 wrote:So the players' pump wasn't primed but at the same time they admit they weren't ready for how good Bridgewater turned out to be? Which one is it?



Good? Child, please. He is not as good as people think he is. We made this kid into a Heisman candidate and future 1st rounder. He'll come crashing back to earth by week 4.


Sour grapes much? He kicked our ass and until proven otherwise, he's that good.
User avatar
kcgator
Head Ball Coach
 
Posts: 4486
Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:51 pm

Re: Sugar Bowl Loss

Postby Gator Fever » Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:28 pm

law98gator wrote:Why do people keep blaming the defense for the fvkktarded turnovers? The defense had one less than stellar game while the offense was three and out for the whole damn season. The defense didn't end the season 108th.

When you have no offense, eventually, your luck wears out. We're just lucky it didn't happen more often during all those come from behind wins. Getting embarrassed by Loooeyvulle could have easily been getting embarrassed by directional Loooeyzeeanna.


After watching Louisville earlier in the season I am convinced our defense and ST should have been able to beat them basically but it was obvious the NFL guys were looking ahead mostly imo.
" But understand we are not changing who we are philosophically on offense" - Coach Will Muschamp...
User avatar
Gator Fever
Bull Gator
 
Posts: 6641
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:35 am

Re: Sugar Bowl Loss

Postby law98gator » Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:53 pm

North Carolina scored 34 vs. Looeyvulle
Florida International scored 21.
Pittsburgh scored 35. PITTSBURGH!!!!
South Florida scored 25.
Cincinnati-- yes, the team that lost to the Voles-- scored 31.
Syracuse 26.

Yeah the ST did their thing, and Debose had that 100 yard TD.
Yeah the defense wasn't their sharpest, but the offense was it's usual 14 point dungpile. Maybe some day we'll have an offense as good as Pittsburgh, N Carolina, or Cincinnati so we can stay with those heavy hitters like Looeyvulle.
ufgator812. wrote:Fvck Richt, Herschel, Will Muschamp, Larry Munson, Lindsey Scott (fvck him twice), Vince Dooley ... Yes, Fvck them all.

divits888 wrote:
Bammer wrote:Isn't government intrusion your flavor du jour, divits?
Isn’t every flavor ever known to man your flavor du jour?
User avatar
law98gator
Gatorsports Legend
 
Posts: 16920
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:03 pm

Re: Sugar Bowl Loss

Postby WobbleGator » Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:57 pm

So glad law is here to remind us that the offense struggled. :rolleyes:
User avatar
WobbleGator
Gatorsports Legend
 
Posts: 13916
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:57 pm

Re: Sugar Bowl Loss

Postby law98gator » Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:58 pm

GatorTAG wrote:This is just further proof of how bad the Jags really are when Josh Evans (a 6th round pick) is practicing with the 1st team defense.

The Gags are a I-AA All-star team.
Last edited by law98gator on Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ufgator812. wrote:Fvck Richt, Herschel, Will Muschamp, Larry Munson, Lindsey Scott (fvck him twice), Vince Dooley ... Yes, Fvck them all.

divits888 wrote:
Bammer wrote:Isn't government intrusion your flavor du jour, divits?
Isn’t every flavor ever known to man your flavor du jour?
User avatar
law98gator
Gatorsports Legend
 
Posts: 16920
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:03 pm

Next

Return to Gatorsports Forum

cron