Who is online

Users browsing this forum: MSNbot Media, ShowMeLove, swampfuel and 31 guests

Who will have the bigger impact..

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Moderator, Site Administrators

Who will have the bigger impact..

Postby FloridaFanatic22 » Mon May 13, 2013 11:05 am

Andre Debose or Demarcus Robinson?

Debose probably has the better shot at making a greater impact since he will likely be taking most or all of our kickoff and punt returns, as well as normal receiver duties. We've all seen the potential explosiveness, and have been waiting for it all to come together. Will this be the year for him or will he end up as one of our biggest busts?

Demarcus is our most talented incoming receiver that is said to have good size, speed, instincts, and great hands. He enrolled in the Spring so hopefully he has a feel for the game and a portion of the playbook down. Will he be physically and mentally ready to give a significant contribution this fall?

I must be a sucker because I think Debose is actually going to have a decent year. Certainly not a "Percy" type year, but I think he has a great chance to change some games with kick/punt returns, stretching the field with deep routes as well as some WR screens. Demarcus Robinson has a lot of promise and I would pick him from a pure receiver production standpoint, but if you were to include the other stuff I would go with Debose. And yes, I realize this is all dependent on Jeff Drizzy and if he can throw blah blah blah let's not start that crap again.. :razz: What say you? It is the offseason, and we need new topics to discuss.
FloridaFanatic22
Senior Gator

Re: Who will have the bigger impact..

Postby law98gator » Mon May 13, 2013 11:08 am

Easy. Our kicker and punter.
ufgator812. wrote:Fvck them all. Fvck Richt, Herschel, Will Muschamp, Larry Munson, Deborah Norville, Lindsey Scott (fvck him twice), Vince Dooley (and all of his family, friends and neighbors), R.E.M and the B-52's... Yes, Fvck them all.
law98gator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby WobbleGator » Mon May 13, 2013 11:11 am

Debose has had three years and still has done virtually nothing as a receiver. Keep Debose as a returner only and he might do well.
WobbleGator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby FloridaFanatic22 » Mon May 13, 2013 11:12 am

law98gator wrote:Easy. Our kicker and punter.

Punter? Possibly. He is a beast of a punter. Why kicker? Unless you meant it in a negative "he will lose games" impact. Which wouldn't really surprise me coming from you... ;) :lol:
FloridaFanatic22
Senior Gator

Postby williston_gator » Mon May 13, 2013 11:32 am

I think he meant it in a "has no faith in the offense so kicker will score most points or punter will pin them deep and let defense take care of it" way.
williston_gator
Heisman Gator

Postby ACappsUF29 » Mon May 13, 2013 11:54 am

If Debose does it will be on special teams.
ACappsUF29
Senior Gator

Postby GatorBart » Mon May 13, 2013 12:25 pm

williston_gator wrote:I think he meant it in a "has no faith in the offense so kicker will score most points or punter will pin them deep and let defense take care of it" way.

That's exactly what Law meant. ;)
GatorBart
Head Ball Coach

Postby GatorBart » Mon May 13, 2013 12:29 pm

Sorry, got sidetracked by Law's comment.................................
AD (senior) had better have more impact than DR (freshman) or he's not going to have a chance at making it at the next level, IMO. Now is the time for him to step up and be the impact player that we know he can be, but has only given us glimpses of.
GatorBart
Head Ball Coach

Postby 8802gator » Mon May 13, 2013 2:41 pm

Overall impact will probably be Debose in the kick return game. But if you are talkin offense Drob. I have all but given up on Debose asa reciever until he proves it. I am tired of gettin jacked up thinking about his potential only to be dissappointed.
"I want to thank God for makin' me a Gator" - Chandler Parsons
8802gator
Heisman Gator

Postby I Have No Friends :( » Mon May 13, 2013 2:45 pm

Debose can stretch a defense with his speed, but only if the threat of hitting the deep ball is there. Robinson appears to be the better all around receiver on paper, but it remains to be seen if he can adjust to the college game quickly enough to have a bigger impact than Debose.

My best guess would be that without a legitimate deep threat, neither receiver is going to make much of an impact except on special teams.
gatorpe wrote:Urb is a low life lying lover jilting big ten dBAG.

I Have No Friends :(
Bull Gator

Postby GatorKen » Mon May 13, 2013 3:05 pm

Demarcus will. Debose has done nothing as a WR to suggest he will have a breakout year. He's got the speed and the ability. I hope Debose turns out to be serviceable as a WR but right now he's only a kick returner due to his laziness.
oxrageous wrote:Ken and I are now officially best friends.

I want an OC with the mentality of a High School Jr on Prom night rather than a guy who's been married 20 years and has 4 children.
GatorKen
Bull Gator

Postby rogdochar » Mon May 13, 2013 3:23 pm

Dubose can be as important as Robinson, provided DRob can execute
the "flea-flicker".
I really hope they both shine. Dubose seems to glide through traffic
amazingly. But does he run precise routes, can he ad-lib on his feet ?
He shows sure hands on kick receptions. What's he missing ?
rogdochar
Gatorsports Legend

Postby The RH Factor » Mon May 13, 2013 3:36 pm

Dubose had 1300 yards his senior season, including a 200-yard game vs. FSU, so I think he'll have a better season than Debose will his senior year.

I think Joker will turn his career around and Debose will have more yards receiving this year than Robinson.
The RH Factor
Head Ball Coach

Postby 8802gator » Mon May 13, 2013 3:38 pm

rogdochar wrote:Dubose can be as important as Robinson, provided DRob can execute
the "flea-flicker".
I really hope they both shine. Dubose seems to glide through traffic
amazingly. But does he run precise routes, can he ad-lib on his feet ?
He shows sure hands on kick receptions. What's he missing ?

Work ethic. It really is that simple for Andre. The coaches don't t trust Andre because he doesn't work consistently hard.
"I want to thank God for makin' me a Gator" - Chandler Parsons
8802gator
Heisman Gator

Postby ReelGatorDoc » Mon May 13, 2013 4:17 pm

Breakout year for both!
It's Great to be a Florida GATOR!
ReelGatorDoc
Head Ball Coach

Postby BMF » Mon May 13, 2013 5:25 pm

Yes.
BMF
Head Ball Coach

Postby rogdochar » Mon May 13, 2013 5:46 pm

ReelGatorDoc wrote:Breakout year for both!

That would be great. Maybe DRob makes Dubose envy-driven to excel.
rogdochar
Gatorsports Legend

Postby Gator Fever » Mon May 13, 2013 7:43 pm

I hope Debose is out of the doghouse enough to at least return kickoffs all the time and be used some to go deep like that Bama game.

I think Robinson may be the real deal at WR and outgain Dunbar this year.
" But understand we are not changing who we are philosophically on offense" - Coach Will Muschamp...
Gator Fever
Bull Gator

Postby GatorKen » Mon May 13, 2013 9:02 pm

Gator Fever wrote:I hope Debose is out of the doghouse enough to at least return kickoffs all the time and be used some to go deep like that Bama game.

I really like this year's class at WR. We seem to have filled holes in all WR needs. Guys like D-Rob and Fulwood who are versatile, they can stretch the field or be go to wrs. Hawkins and Thompson who may be underneath guys who can make moves. Then there is Bailey who should be fun to watch. Bailey looks great in the return game and could be interesting with his skill-set. This of course is assuming these guys don't pull a Debose and not show up when it counts.

Debose just has to be serious about playing. Kid has all the natural talent and ability to be big time at WR.
oxrageous wrote:Ken and I are now officially best friends.

I want an OC with the mentality of a High School Jr on Prom night rather than a guy who's been married 20 years and has 4 children.
GatorKen
Bull Gator

Postby Gator Fever » Mon May 13, 2013 9:05 pm

GatorKen wrote:
Gator Fever wrote:I hope Debose is out of the doghouse enough to at least return kickoffs all the time and be used some to go deep like that Bama game.

I really like this year's class at WR. We seem to have filled holes in all WR needs. Guys like D-Rob and Fulwood who are versatile, they can stretch the field or be go to wrs. Hawkins and Thompson who may be underneath guys who can make moves. Then there is Bailey who should be fun to watch. Bailey looks great in the return game and could be interesting with his skill-set. This of course is assuming these guys don't pull a Debose and not show up when it counts.

Debose just has to be serious about playing. Kid has all the natural talent and ability to be big time at WR.

I believe one of the services had us getting the highest rated WR class.
" But understand we are not changing who we are philosophically on offense" - Coach Will Muschamp...
Gator Fever
Bull Gator

Next

Return to Gatorsports Forum