Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BoomTown, dz_23, GatorBart, Google [Bot], lagator, MSNbot Media, rogdochar, TheDouglas78, Yahoo [Bot] and 67 guests

Gator Lacrosse Elite 8 / L.G. Tennis "Sweat 16"

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Moderator, Site Administrators

Gator Lacrosse Elite 8 / L.G. Tennis "Sweat 16"

Postby rogdochar » Sun May 12, 2013 9:49 pm

Lady Gators Lacrosse beat Denver 16-5 to make "Elite 8".
They "stuffocated" Denver's #7 scoring offense = UF 34/Denver 17 in
shots on goal.

Denver coach + best defender = " I can see them being the next
National Champs."
***********************************************************************************

Lady Gators Tennis nets a "Sweet 16" by beating Ga.Tech 4-0.
Plays Duke Friday 10 am E.T.
**********************************************************************************

Gator baseball plays last 3 seasonal games against UGa, starting
Thursday, 7 pm.
rogdochar
Gatorsports Legend

Re: Gator Lacrosse Elite 8 / L.G. Tennis "Sweat 16"

Postby Naples Gator » Mon May 13, 2013 9:13 am

Fellow Gator Sports Fans - I was In Ocala for Mother's Day, and bless her heart, my 82 year old mom went with me to watch the first half of the lacrosse blowout against Denver and then we headed over to watch the singles matches in the tennis romp over Georgia Tech!

I don't understand how these events aren't sold out, even in Gainesville, as both events were just $3.00 for seniors and you got to watch maybe the best women's lacrosse team in the country and the #1 ranked Lady Gators tennis team featuring the best player we've ever had in Lauren Embree!

Not sure what everybody else was doing in Hogtown on Sunday, but I spent a beautiful day watching beautiful young athletes play in beautiful facilities -what a deal! It's great to be a Florida Gator!

Now let's go Gators and get those National Championships!
Naples Gator
Freshman Gator

Postby Vatgator » Mon May 13, 2013 10:47 am

Doubtful we'll ever see a Gator tennis team again that has been as great as the Lady Gators for the past 3 years with Laura Embree. She's been incredible.
Vatgator
True Gator

Postby GatorBart » Mon May 13, 2013 11:59 am

Vatgator wrote:Doubtful we'll ever see a Gator tennis team again that has been as great as the Lady Gators for the past 3 years with Laura Embree. She's been incredible.

Pretty sure she's Eric Murphy's girlfriend. Those 2 have had pretty good careers, with all of Embree's success individually and with the team and Murphy helping the BB to 3 consecutive Elite 8s.
GatorBart
Head Ball Coach

Postby Scott512 » Thu May 16, 2013 8:16 am

Vatgator wrote:Doubtful we'll ever see a Gator tennis team again that has been as great as the Lady Gators for the past 3 years with Laura Embree. She's been incredible.
Agreed.
Scott512
Head Ball Coach

Postby rogdochar » Thu May 16, 2013 9:24 am

Naples Gator wrote:Fellow Gator Sports Fans - I was In Ocala for Mother's Day, and bless her heart, my 82 year old mom went with me to watch the first half of the lacrosse blowout against Denver and then we headed over to watch the singles matches in the tennis romp over Georgia Tech!

I don't understand how these events aren't sold out, even in Gainesville, as both events were just $3.00 for seniors and you got to watch maybe the best women's lacrosse team in the country and the #1 ranked Lady Gators tennis team featuring the best player we've ever had in Lauren Embree!

Not sure what everybody else was doing in Hogtown on Sunday, but I spent a beautiful day watching beautiful young athletes play in beautiful facilities -what a deal! It's great to be a Florida Gator!

Now let's go Gators and get those National Championships!

"NaplesGator",that's the most validly Gator oriented posts ever. Thanks. :cool:
rogdochar
Gatorsports Legend

Postby Gatorlaw92 » Fri May 17, 2013 1:25 pm

Lady Gator tennis now in ncaa quarterfinals, looking to three-peat as ncaa champs!! Lacrosse in ncaa quarters tomor at 2 on sunsports. Can't wait to watch, as we also owe syracuse revenge from that comeback victory they beat us in semis last year. Go Gators!! Gator softball hosting regional, need revenge v usf from last year's regional loss. Grrrrr
Gatorlaw92
Senior Gator

Postby NVGator » Sat May 18, 2013 3:34 pm

Lady's Lacrosse on Fox Sports Sun Sports. Down 9-6 against Syracuse in the Quarters. Cuse had score 4 unanswered before the Lady Gators got a score.

Cuse responded right away with a score and just added another as I type. 10-6 Cuse.
Failure is not fatal, but failure to change might be.
John Wooden

Coach9 wrote:8-4 Should always be considered a bad year at Florida. That should be our lower limit. Undefeated down to 8-4 should be our window.
NVGator
Bull Gator

Postby phideltgator » Sat May 18, 2013 3:47 pm

Lacrosse, know the game well as my room mate played and he kept his smelly equipment in the room. Lord it stank.
Now the girls are playing like they have no clue with their foot stuck in a bucket. Give me one week with them and I will have them playing like the softball team.
phideltgator
Head Ball Coach

Postby NVGator » Sat May 18, 2013 3:51 pm

12-7 Cuse w/ 5 minutes to play in the game. Looks like we'll lose to the same team we lost to last year in this tourney.
John Wooden

Coach9 wrote:8-4 Should always be considered a bad year at Florida. That should be our lower limit. Undefeated down to 8-4 should be our window.
NVGator
Bull Gator

Postby ufgator812. » Sat May 18, 2013 3:55 pm

Rosie O'Donnell in goal for 'cuse.
"Victory at all cost. Victory in spite of all terror. Victory no matter how long and how hard the road may be; for without victory there is no survival." --Winston Churchill
May 13, 1940 GOD BLESS
ufgator812.
Heisman Gator

Postby NVGator » Sat May 18, 2013 3:59 pm

ufgator812. wrote:Rosie O'Donnell in goal for 'cuse.

:lol: :exactly:
John Wooden

NVGator
Bull Gator

Postby Scott512 » Mon May 20, 2013 2:15 pm

Good season for Gator lacrosse after a great season and run to the final four last year. I hope they can add a couple difference makers who can put them over the top. After the Gators blew that national semifinal game to Syracuse last year the Cuse widended the gap this year over Florida this year and I did not expect that.
Scott512
Head Ball Coach

Postby WobbleGator » Mon May 20, 2013 2:19 pm

Oh my God!!!!!! How could we lose the game?!? What is wrong with them??? I can't believe we didn't win a NC in women's lacrosse!! First the men's tennis team is defeated and now this?!? WTH is wrong with our athletic program???? We will never win the capital one cup if we keep losing like this!!! Damn it!
WobbleGator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby GatorBart » Mon May 20, 2013 2:47 pm

WobbleGator wrote:Oh my God!!!!!! How could we lose the game?!? What is wrong with them??? I can't believe we didn't win a NC in women's lacrosse!! First the men's tennis team is defeated and now this?!? WTH is wrong with our athletic program???? We will never win the capital one cup if we keep losing like this!!! Damn it!

GatorBart
Head Ball Coach

Return to Gatorsports Forum