Who is online

Users browsing this forum: alcube, BNAG8R, Google [Bot], Hoosier Gator, Mwoody, Scott512, WobbleGator and 37 guests

Brent Pease......making bank!!

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Moderator, Site Administrators

Brent Pease......making bank!!

Postby GolfinDawg » Thu May 09, 2013 10:40 am

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.co ... ng-raises/

Being the offensive coordinator in Gainesville has got to be the best job in football. Pease took that offense from 105th under Charlie (hell, what did he make?) to 103th in just one season. Thats awesome and for it he is handsomely rewarded 100k. If he gets that offense into the top 100 this season will Foley pay him over a million? He is just shy of 600k now. Pease gets another bonus if he is just good enough to stay but not good enough to be called to coach elsewhere. Eighty percent of success is just showing up.
Last edited by GolfinDawg on Thu May 09, 2013 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
GolfinDawg
Freshman Gator

Re: Brent Pease......making bank!!

Postby crosscreekcooter » Thu May 09, 2013 10:43 am

Go back to licking your balls.
crosscreekcooter
Head Ball Coach

Postby Vatgator » Thu May 09, 2013 10:58 am

A 100,000 raise for what? last season? How many employers give you a 15-20% raise for less than average job performance?
Vatgator
True Gator

Postby FunnGun » Thu May 09, 2013 11:06 am

GolfinDawg wrote:http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/05/08/oc-brent-pease-among-gator-coaches-getting-raises/

Being the offensive coordinator in Gainesville has got to be the best job in football. Pease took that offense from 105th under Charlie (hell, what did he make?) to 103th in just one season. Thats awesome and for it he is handsomely rewarded 100k. If he gets that offense into the top 100 this season will Foley pay him over a million? He is just shy of 600k now. Pease gets another bonus if he is just good enough to stay but not good enough to be called to coach elsewhere. Eighty percent of success is just showing up.

You bored? :lol:

Trolling really isn't your thing. That's not a bad thing.
FunnGun
Gatorsports Legend

Postby I Have No Friends :( » Thu May 09, 2013 12:22 pm

Vatgator wrote:A 100,000 raise for what? last season? How many employers give you a 15-20% raise for less than average job performance?

Agreed. Any OC that has a triple-digit ranked offense at UF should be forced to refund the university money; it's inexcusable.
gatorpe wrote:Urb is a low life lying lover jilting big ten dBAG.

I Have No Friends :(
Bull Gator

Postby BMF » Thu May 09, 2013 1:28 pm

Chalk me up in the "a raise for what?" category. In fact, if there's little improvement this year it wouldn't be out of the question to ask if he's on the hot seat.
BMF
Head Ball Coach

Postby PastyStoole » Thu May 09, 2013 1:32 pm

Look, those of us who support Brent Pease realize he's only had one year to put together and teach his offense, develop his players and make the necessary adjustments. Give it time.

All we are really saying, is give Pease a chance.
PastyStoole
Heisman Gator

Postby FunnGun » Thu May 09, 2013 1:35 pm

PastyStoole wrote:Look, those of us who support Brent Pease realize he's only had one year to put together and teach his offense, develop his players and make the necessary adjustments. Give it time.

All we are really saying, is give Pease a chance.

He's our third OC in three years and only the third time in more than ten years we'll have the same OC back to back years. People really need to relax. The Gator offense and Jeff will be much more efficient and explosive this year.
FunnGun
Gatorsports Legend

Postby WhoGator » Thu May 09, 2013 1:40 pm

You guys all hope and wish he doesn't go to Kentucky, that some little school with a HC position doesn't come calling, that we keep a coordinator for more than a year, etc. Every few weeks there's a thread asking why is our coaching staff a revolving door? Blah, blah, blah... so Jeremy does what he needs to do to lock him up.

And you guys b*tch and gripe and say he didn't deserve it. That is what it takes to keep OC's.
:chomp:
WhoGator
True Gator

Postby rogdochar » Thu May 09, 2013 1:59 pm

The UF Offense isn't cranked up; it's ex-DC/HC cranky, headbutting.
That 100th ranked Offense has to keep Pease un-peaceful. So, this
being a second go-round with many skill players, Peace and the UF
"scoring machine" will flourish .... unless a "knucklehead" grind-it-out
"scaredy-cat" HC deregulates the "Pease-plan".
rogdochar
Gatorsports Legend

Postby GatorKen » Thu May 09, 2013 3:28 pm

I Have No Friends :( wrote:
Vatgator wrote:A 100,000 raise for what? last season? How many employers give you a 15-20% raise for less than average job performance?

Agreed. Any OC that has a triple-digit ranked offense at UF should be forced to refund the university money; it's inexcusable.

but he is bringing in the recruits for the future. His running game is decent and has signs of being a power run. Will Will G. (maybe Max S. can do it too) along with the WRs we have coming in (this year's freshmen and the recruits for 2014) Pease has a bright future at UF. Giving him a raise may help keep him around a few years to build consistency and progression on offense
oxrageous wrote:Ken and I are now officially best friends.

I want an OC with the mentality of a High School Jr on Prom night rather than a guy who's been married 20 years and has 4 children.
GatorKen
Bull Gator

Postby I Have No Friends :( » Thu May 09, 2013 3:35 pm

GatorKen wrote:

but he is bringing in the recruits for the future. His running game is decent and has signs of being a power run. Will Will G. (maybe Max S. can do it too) along with the WRs we have coming in (this year's freshmen and the recruits for 2014) Pease has a bright future at UF. Giving him a raise may help keep him around a few years to build consistency and progression on offense

I doubt it. We can't afford to pay an OC head coach wages, period. As soon as Pease proves he can turn the offense around here, he's as good as gone. Luckily we have an ex-head coach on staff that most likely will be promoted to OC after he bolts; The Joker.
gatorpe wrote:Urb is a low life lying lover jilting big ten dBAG.

I Have No Friends :(
Bull Gator

Postby GatorKen » Thu May 09, 2013 3:37 pm

GatorKen wrote:

I doubt it. We can't afford to pay an OC head coach wages, period. As soon as Pease proves he can turn the offense around here, he's as good as gone. Luckily we have an ex-head coach on staff that most likely will be promoted to OC after he bolts; The Joker.

Pease will be here a few years.

I want an OC with the mentality of a High School Jr on Prom night rather than a guy who's been married 20 years and has 4 children.
GatorKen
Bull Gator

Postby law98gator » Thu May 09, 2013 3:44 pm

Azzsniffer, its a late bonus for his big win over ugly in 2012.
ufgator812. wrote:Fvck them all. Fvck Richt, Herschel, Will Muschamp, Larry Munson, Deborah Norville, Lindsey Scott (fvck him twice), Vince Dooley (and all of his family, friends and neighbors), R.E.M and the B-52's... Yes, Fvck them all.
law98gator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby BuckFudder » Thu May 09, 2013 7:22 pm

Does he deserve wide latitude and a second chance for what he stepped into last season? Absolutely. A 20% raise? No way.

Why didn't they just incentivize his performance the way they did staying (another 100K)? Are coaches federal employees or something? You better believe he's gone at the first signs of success. Enter the Joker.
BuckFudder
Senior Gator

Postby GatorKen » Thu May 09, 2013 7:28 pm

BuckFudder wrote:Does he deserve wide latitude and a second chance for what he stepped into last season? Absolutely. A 20% raise? No way.

Why didn't they just incentivize his performance the way they did staying (another 100K)? Are coaches federal employees or something? You better believe he's gone at the first signs of success. Enter the Joker.

Probably just trying to retain him till they get a capable QB

GatorKen
Bull Gator

Postby jand3k » Thu May 09, 2013 7:43 pm

WhoGator wrote:You guys all hope and wish he doesn't go to Kentucky, that some little school with a HC position doesn't come calling, that we keep a coordinator for more than a year, etc. Every few weeks there's a thread asking why is our coaching staff a revolving door? Blah, blah, blah... so Jeremy does what he needs to do to lock him up.

And you guys b*tch and gripe and say he didn't deserve it. That is what it takes to keep OC's.

quoted for truth. :cool:
jand3k
Head Ball Coach

Postby Gator Fever » Thu May 09, 2013 8:29 pm

GolfinDawg wrote:http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/05/08/oc-brent-pease-among-gator-coaches-getting-raises/

Well we had about the same yards per game but went from more passing yards to more rushing yards in 2012 which is good in a way as you see the top rushing team in games win many times even if they have less total yards but we do need to get a passing game going and Pease can with the right pieces and hopefully we get it corrected some this year.
" But understand we are not changing who we are philosophically on offense" - Coach Will Muschamp...
Gator Fever
Bull Gator

Postby law98gator » Thu May 09, 2013 9:42 pm

Gator Fever wrote:Well we had about the same yards per game but went from more passing yards to more rushing yards in 2012 which is good in a way as you see the top rushing team in games win many times even if they have less total yards but we do need to get a passing game going and Pease can with the right pieces and hopefully we get it corrected some this year.
Possibly the worst run-on sentence I've ever seen.
Last edited by law98gator on Thu May 09, 2013 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ufgator812. wrote:Fvck them all. Fvck Richt, Herschel, Will Muschamp, Larry Munson, Deborah Norville, Lindsey Scott (fvck him twice), Vince Dooley (and all of his family, friends and neighbors), R.E.M and the B-52's... Yes, Fvck them all.
law98gator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby Gator Fever » Thu May 09, 2013 9:52 pm

law98gator wrote:Possibly the worst run-on sentence I've ever seen.

The point was made. Are you another internet English Major ?
" But understand we are not changing who we are philosophically on offense" - Coach Will Muschamp...
Gator Fever
Bull Gator

Next

Return to Gatorsports Forum