Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Alagator, Clawhammergator, digitalwangsta, Google Adsense [Bot], MJMGator, soflagator and 49 guests

Matt Jones

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Site Administrators, Moderator

Matt Jones

Postby rollinsmith » Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:37 pm

Who was it that claimed earlier last year that this guy had no upside?
rollinsmith
Freshman Gator

Re: Matt Jones

Postby BNAG8R » Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:44 pm

Your mama.
In all kinds of weather we'll all stick together......for F-L-O-R-I-D-A!!
BNAG8R
All-American Gator

Postby SFGator » Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:52 pm

Looking forward to Jones and friends pulverizing SEC defenses this up coming season.
SFGator
Heisman Gator

Postby law98gator » Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:06 am

rollinsmith wrote:Who was it that claimed earlier last year that this guy had no upside?

That was last year, man.

Everybody is on the Matt Train now.
ufgator812. wrote:Fvck Richt, Herschel, Will Muschamp, Larry Munson, Lindsey Scott (fvck him twice), Vince Dooley ... Yes, Fvck them all.

divits888 wrote:
Bammer wrote:Isn't government intrusion your flavor du jour, divits?
Isn’t every flavor ever known to man your flavor du jour?
law98gator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby Swamp Queen » Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:06 am

I think that was Spikes.
lizard84 wrote:maybe swamp queen and sas deserve each other.

DCflorida wrote:"Oh that's right, I had totally forgotten that we were 4-8 and Muschamp sucks. Thanks for the reminder, I will go back to being miserable and angry now."
Swamp Queen
Bull Gator

Postby BNAG8R » Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:09 am

Swamp Queen wrote:I think that was Spikes.

Sorry, "your mama" was the correct answer.
In all kinds of weather we'll all stick together......for F-L-O-R-I-D-A!!
BNAG8R
All-American Gator

Postby law98gator » Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:09 am

Maybe, but it was me, too. (Actually, I said he's a receiver not a rb.)

He listened to the coaches and manned up. Kudos to him. We need him to be the big bull gator this year and carry the load.
ufgator812. wrote:Fvck Richt, Herschel, Will Muschamp, Larry Munson, Lindsey Scott (fvck him twice), Vince Dooley ... Yes, Fvck them all.

divits888 wrote:
law98gator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby Swamp Queen » Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:14 am

BNAG8R wrote:
Swamp Queen wrote:I think that was Spikes.

Sorry, "your mama" was the correct answer.

Dammit!
lizard84 wrote:maybe swamp queen and sas deserve each other.

DCflorida wrote:"Oh that's right, I had totally forgotten that we were 4-8 and Muschamp sucks. Thanks for the reminder, I will go back to being miserable and angry now."
Swamp Queen
Bull Gator

Postby Sasquatch Gator » Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:29 am

law98gator wrote:Maybe, but it was me, too. (Actually, I said he's a receiver not a rb.)

He listened to the coaches and manned up. Kudos to him. We need him to be the big bull gator this year and carry the load.

And I don't remember specifically, but I'm pretty sure I said college players have a tendency to develop and improve from year to year. Imagine that.
:burp:
Sasquatch Gator
Bull Gator

Postby law98gator » Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:33 am

I didn't like the skillset. Many scouts didn't either. He grew up in a hurry. Champ told him to stop dancing, hit the hole, shoulders low and feet moving... and he did. Many (most?) can't make that transition.

divits888 wrote:
law98gator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby I Have No Friends :( » Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:56 am

law98gator wrote:I didn't like the skillset. Many scouts didn't either. He grew up in a hurry. Champ told him to stop dancing, hit the hole, shoulders low and feet moving... and he did. Many (most?) can't make that transition.

This can't be overstated; what Matt did was pretty mature given how most of his peers react to criticism at his age.

My first impression of Matt was that he ran "too tall" especially at the LOS. I still watch the replay of the F$U game to see how far he came along in one season. Seeing him steal the will of their defense just never gets old. The one-two punch of Jones and Taylor will be something to watch this year (and as always I'll throw a little love Adam Lane's way; I just think he may surprise some people).
gatorpe wrote:Urb is a low life lying lover jilting big ten dBAG.

I Have No Friends :(
Bull Gator

Postby mrgator » Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:55 am

law98gator wrote:I didn't like the skillset. Many scouts didn't either. He grew up in a hurry. Champ told him to stop dancing, hit the hole, shoulders low and feet moving... and he did. Many (most?) can't make that transition.

I've got to call BS on this one. I'm sure they all thought he had areas he needed to improve on but I wasn't aware that scouts didn't like his 4* skill set. :question: :question: :question:
mrgator
Heisman Gator

Postby WobbleGator » Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:40 am

I Have No Friends :( wrote:

This can't be overstated; what Matt did was pretty mature given how most of his peers react to criticism at his age.

My first impression of Matt was that he ran "too tall" especially at the LOS. I still watch the replay of the F$U game to see how far he came along in one season. Seeing him steal the will of their defense just never gets old. The one-two punch of Jones and Taylor will be something to watch this year (and as always I'll throw a little love Adam Lane's way; I just think he may surprise some people).

No love for Brown?
WobbleGator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby gatorJ » Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:42 am

I think that he was injured his senior year as well. This led to a bunch of speculation.
oxrageous wrote:Well you're sure in for a surprise. Peasant.
gatorJ
Head Ball Coach

Postby -THE DUDE- » Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:50 am

mrgator wrote:

I've got to call BS on this one. I'm sure they all thought he had areas he needed to improve on but I wasn't aware that scouts didn't like his 4* skill set. :question: :question: :question:

There was no questioning that he's a very talented football player but there were still some questioning whether he could be a SEC RB. Lots of comparisons to him and James Wilder and Derrick Henry where they might end up being a better player on D than RB. The knock on Jones was that he ran too tall and always wanted to cut outside instead of running through holes and lowering his shoulder. You can watch his highlight tapes from HS where he rarely ran over defenders like a kid his size should have...he spent a lot of time cutting outside. What he has done in 1 year...well actually less than that is pretty damn remarkable. Can't wait to see what year 2 and 3 bring :cool:
-THE DUDE-
Head Ball Coach

Postby mrgator » Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:35 am

-THE DUDE- wrote:
mrgator wrote:

There was no questioning that he's a very talented football player but there were still some questioning whether he could be a SEC RB. Lots of comparisons to him and James Wilder and Derrick Henry where they might end up being a better player on D than RB. The knock on Jones was that he ran too tall and always wanted to cut outside instead of running through holes and lowering his shoulder. You can watch his highlight tapes from HS where he rarely ran over defenders like a kid his size should have...he spent a lot of time cutting outside. What he has done in 1 year...well actually less than that is pretty damn remarkable. Can't wait to see what year 2 and 3 bring :cool:

I stand corrected. Thank you. :D

I'm pretty excited about what the kid can do too. Last year (later in the year) he reminded me a lot of Gilly during his freshman/sophomore years. Waited for a hole, hit it hard and was off to the races. Fortunately for him, he won't have to sit behind other backs for 3 years before getting his chance to shine. :)
mrgator
Heisman Gator

Postby -THE DUDE- » Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:37 am

mrgator wrote:
-THE DUDE- wrote:
mrgator wrote:

I'm pretty excited about what the kid can do too. Last year (later in the year) he reminded me a lot of Gilly during his freshman/sophomore years. Waited for a hole, hit it hard and was off to the races. Fortunately for him, he won't have to sit behind other backs for 3 years before getting his chance to shine. :)

sounds like a good night :lol: :lol:
-THE DUDE-
Head Ball Coach

Postby WobbleGator » Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:42 am

-THE DUDE- wrote:
mrgator wrote:
-THE DUDE- wrote:
mrgator wrote:

Not always. :(
WobbleGator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby FunnGun » Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:06 am

There was one poster on this board who liked him from the day one and thought he had all the tools to be special... :proud:

This year will be fun to compare him and Mike Davis. Anyone remember those "debates?" :lol:
FunnGun
Gatorsports Legend

Postby mrgator » Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:30 am

WobbleGator wrote:
-THE DUDE- wrote:
mrgator wrote:
-THE DUDE- wrote:
mrgator wrote:

Not always. :(

They have creams for that....

Or so I've been told. :embarrassed: :eek: :lol:
mrgator
Heisman Gator

Next

Return to Gatorsports Forum