Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot], Gouryella, Majestic-12 [Bot], MSNbot Media, rogdochar, tillsb and 43 guests

Golf, the player's challenge

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Moderator, Site Administrators

Golf, the player's challenge

Postby phideltgator » Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:56 am

Let's try to compare the use of the belly putter or long putter to another sport.
Let's take a rifle shooting tournament. So you enter the offhand (standing) portion of the event and you prepare to hit the targets in your standing position you have practiced over and over. You look to your left and here is some jerk setting up to shoot but he has a tripod to rest his rifle on while he is standing. Who do you think is going to win the blue ribbon?
phideltgator
Head Ball Coach

Re: golf, the player's challenge

Postby URGatorBait » Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:10 am

phideltgator wrote:Let's try to compare the use of the belly putter or long putter to another sport.
Let's take a rifle shooting tournament. So you enter the offhand (standing) portion of the event and you prepare to hit the targets in your standing position you have practiced over and over. You look to your left and here is some jerk setting up to shoot but he has a tripod to rest his rifle on while he is standing. Who do you think is going to win the blue ribbon?

Not even close to the same thing, or even similar.

Nice try though.
URGatorBait
Head Ball Coach

Postby WobbleGator » Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:26 am

I figured you would like the longer putters phi.
WobbleGator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby gatesm1 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:46 am

If the gods of golf disallowed Sam Snead's way of putting in the late 60's they will certainly disallow the belly putter. How pretty is the stroke or the club? That question may be what drives the decision, not hard data.
gatesm1
Freshman Gator

Postby phideltgator » Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:10 am

WobbleGator wrote:I figured you would like the longer putters phi.

I know this comparison is difficult for your little hampster brain to comprehend Wobble, plus you probably have never shot anything bigger then a bb gun and that would be pushen it.
phideltgator
Head Ball Coach

Postby URGatorBait » Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:14 am

phideltgator wrote:

I know this comparison is difficult for your little hampster brain to comprehend Wobble, plus you probably have never shot anything bigger then a bb gun and that would be pushen it.

:muttley:
URGatorBait
Head Ball Coach

Re: Golf, the player's challenge

Postby oxrageous » Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:26 am

Not this debate again. :suicide:
oxrageous

Postby URGatorBait » Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:27 am

oxrageous wrote: :suicide:

If only you would :lol:

Just kidding ole buddy ole pal ;)
URGatorBait
Head Ball Coach

Postby WobbleGator » Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:28 am

phideltgator wrote:

I understood your comparison, I just figured you liked longer shafts.
WobbleGator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby URGatorBait » Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:00 am

WobbleGator wrote:
phideltgator wrote:

Phi 1
Wobble 1

Let's see how this goes forward :lol:
URGatorBait
Head Ball Coach

Postby itsgr82bag8r » Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:31 am

Travis McGee wrote:The SEC is on its most dominate stretch its history, and Tennessee has played no part.

"its great to be a Tennessee fan" ..said no one ever
itsgr82bag8r
Bull Gator

Postby WobbleGator » Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:33 am

URGatorBait wrote:
WobbleGator wrote:
phideltgator wrote:

Phi 1
Wobble 1

Let's see how this goes forward :lol:

He will go off on some tangent that makes no sense and I will just continue to make dick jokes. The usual crap.
WobbleGator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby phideltgator » Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:13 pm

Wrist action and grip produces breakdown of the path and face position at impact of a typical putt motion. Plus if it's the 20 footer for the win of the Masters, nerves just might play a role in the message sent to the muscles required to be rock solid.
Arms can rotate and swing independent from shoulders which also produces inconsistent clubhead movement. More moving parts.
But you can always skip all of that effort and purchase a long or belly putter.
The anchored club becomes a fulcrum or pendulum and the hands, wrists and body are linked to the shaft. The shoulders move this unit again as a perfect pendulum action. There is no reason to even grip the bottom of the club.
Now if you are smart you can make it even morte deadly by allowing the shaft to be centered on the mallet for perfect ballance. Now even Wobble could make a putt.
phideltgator
Head Ball Coach

Postby oxrageous » Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:17 pm

So you're saying Tiger would have easily won the Masters with the belly putt?
oxrageous

Postby URGatorBait » Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:24 pm

oxrageous wrote:So you're saying Tiger would have easily won the Masters with the belly putt?

Perhaps, especially if they didn't penalize him with that BS two stroke penalty they gave him.

Looking at pictures of both shots, he was closer to the original spot than Wobble's penis length.....what I mean by that is, he was within a couple inches of the first shot. :lol:
URGatorBait
Head Ball Coach

Postby WobbleGator » Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:26 pm

phideltgator wrote:Wrist action and grip produces breakdown of the path and face position at impact of a typical putt motion. Plus if it's the 20 footer for the win of the Masters, nerves just might play a role in the message sent to the muscles required to be rock solid.
Arms can rotate and swing independent from shoulders which also produces inconsistent clubhead movement. More moving parts.
But you can always skip all of that effort and purchase a long or belly putter.
The anchored club becomes a fulcrum or pendulum and the hands, wrists and body are linked to the shaft. The shoulders move this unit again as a perfect pendulum action. There is no reason to even grip the bottom of the club.
Now if you are smart you can make it even morte deadly by allowing the shaft to be centered on the mallet for perfect ballance. Now even Wobble could make a putt.

So you need good wrist action when you grip the rock solid clubhead and shaft?
WobbleGator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby WobbleGator » Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:27 pm

URGatorBait wrote:
oxrageous wrote:So you're saying Tiger would have easily won the Masters with the belly putt?

Perhaps, especially if they didn't penalize him with that BS two stroke penalty they gave him.

Looking at pictures of both shots, he was closer to the original spot than Wobble's penis length.....what I mean by that is, he was within a couple inches of the first shot. :lol:

You trying to get me banned for awhile? :lol:
WobbleGator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby URGatorBait » Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:47 pm

WobbleGator wrote:
URGatorBait wrote:

You trying to get me banned for awhile? :lol:

Do you want to be? I can see to it that you are!! :happyevil:
URGatorBait
Head Ball Coach

Postby gatorpe » Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:04 pm

Golf aint a real sport anyway. Rich man's game mainly to do business during said activity. It is a joke really and never a bigger joke when they whined about the sick guy needing a cart.

BTW, Brittney Griner acknowledged Wednesday that she is gay. Discuss.
:rolleyes:
Joakim Noah:
Sometimes, it feels good to be the bad guy
gatorpe
Heisman Gator

Postby URGatorBait » Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:13 pm

gatorpe wrote:Golf aint a real sport anyway. Rich man's game mainly to do business during said activity. It is a joke really and never a bigger joke when they whined about the sick guy needing a cart.

BTW, Brittney Griner acknowledged Wednesday that she is gay. Discuss.
:rolleyes:

Do you play golf, and have you done so on any good level? And then have you done so 4 days in a row....every week? Or played 36 holes in one day? People also say that car racing isn't a sport either, but it's quite interesting that golf and car racing both use more of a persons body for significantly longer periods of time, then anything deemed a "sport" otherwise.
URGatorBait
Head Ball Coach

Next

Return to Gatorsports Forum