Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], TN G8tr and 12 guests

Ro Po--Why not TE?

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Moderator, Site Administrators

Ro Po--Why not TE?

Postby Ancient Reptile » Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:51 am

Reports from spring training were that our TE's were so bad that the TE end pass was abandoned. At the same time, Ro Po's Buck position is ably filled by Fowler. Does anyone remember Ro Po's HS all-star game? My memory is that he played WR one play catching a TD pass in the end zone where he went up and took the ball away from a good defender (guy may have signed with UF). Also, in that game he picked up a blocked extra point (?) and ran it back 90 yards for a 2 point conversion. So my question is this: rather than give up on our TE's, why not convert Ronald Powell to TE?
Ancient Reptile
Heisman Gator

Re: Ro Po--Why not TE?

Postby 8802gator » Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:08 pm

I just want to see him back on the field. I think it is a little premature to start switching positions on a all american type talent before he is healed fully. He will be more productive at de/buck then he will at te.
"I want to thank God for makin' me a Gator" - Chandler Parsons
8802gator
Heisman Gator

Postby GatorTAG » Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:10 pm

Taylor and Thompson were the #1 and #2 TE's in the country. I'm not ready to give up on them just yet.

If healthy RoPo should be an NFL DE. I'm not ready to give up on that either.
Swamp Queen wrote:I miss basketball just so you negative tards couldn't complain as much.
GatorTAG
Head Ball Coach

Postby Slevin » Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:11 pm

No reason to kill the kids chance of ever playing meaningful football. Keep him on D where he's one of the best on the team.
soflagator wrote:
law98gator wrote:Im not sure what the deal is with Nickelback.

You already admitted in another thread you were related to the lead singer of Nickelback. :lol:
Slevin

Postby Ancient Reptile » Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:24 pm

Slevin wrote:No reason to kill the kids chance of ever playing meaningful football. Keep him on D where he's one of the best on the team.

Will he play behind Fowler? If both are to be on the field, won't he have to learn another LB position anyway?
Ancient Reptile
Heisman Gator

Postby law98gator » Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:40 pm

Switching from one OLB position (buck) to the other isn't really learning a new position. One is more rush perhaps and one has more coverage but he's been practicing the basic skillsets all his time at UF.
ufgator812. wrote:Fvck them all. Fvck Richt, Herschel, Will Muschamp, Larry Munson, Deborah Norville, Lindsey Scott (fvck him twice), Vince Dooley (and all of his family, friends and neighbors), R.E.M and the B-52's... Yes, Fvck them all.
law98gator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby Gator Fever » Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:05 pm

Ancient Reptile wrote:
Slevin wrote:No reason to kill the kids chance of ever playing meaningful football. Keep him on D where he's one of the best on the team.

Will he play behind Fowler? If both are to be on the field, won't he have to learn another LB position anyway?

Ro Po is only 234 right now and Fowler may be the starter at Buck. He needs to go to one of the LB positions if that is the case - if he is a better option than one of the current starters there.
" But understand we are not changing who we are philosophically on offense" - Coach Will Muschamp...
Gator Fever
Bull Gator

Postby MJMGator » Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:26 pm

I also read the place kickers were struggling. Why not move him there instead?
:lol:
t-gator wrote:
Out of all those sperm cells I can't believe 561 one the race
MJMGator
Head Ball Coach

Postby MatthewM. » Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:26 pm

"Our TEs are really good, the QB is the problem." -Law
PigsEyeGator wrote:Right now I am so f'ing low that I would do MatthewM.
MatthewM.
Bull Gator

Postby Gator Fever » Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:23 pm

MatthewM. wrote:"Our TEs are really good, the QB is the problem." -Law

What I have read is we have one that can block real good but not catch and one that is unwilling to go up and make a tough catch and can't block good.
" But understand we are not changing who we are philosophically on offense" - Coach Will Muschamp...
Gator Fever
Bull Gator

Postby law98gator » Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:33 pm

ufgator812. wrote:Fvck them all. Fvck Richt, Herschel, Will Muschamp, Larry Munson, Deborah Norville, Lindsey Scott (fvck him twice), Vince Dooley (and all of his family, friends and neighbors), R.E.M and the B-52's... Yes, Fvck them all.
law98gator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby Slevin » Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:51 pm

Ancient Reptile wrote:

Ropo is one of the top 11 on defense even right now when he's injured. Hell javelins meaningful minutes regardless of what fowler does. They are both very instinctive and smart football players.

Although ropo was a te in high school too (from what I remember) it would not be beneficial to anyone to play him there.
soflagator wrote:

You already admitted in another thread you were related to the lead singer of Nickelback. :lol:
Slevin

Postby law98gator » Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:59 pm

Slevin wrote:Hell javelins meaningful minutes regardless of what fowler does.

Whatever you say, Rog.
law98gator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby FunnGun » Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:08 pm

law98gator wrote:

Whatever you say, Rog.

:lol:
FunnGun
Gatorsports Legend

Postby BMF » Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:24 pm

Ro Po is a DE/Buck, period. It would be foolish, at this stage in his career, to move him.

I'd rather see Patric Young join the team and play TE than ruin RoPo's career by moving him to offense!
BMF
Head Ball Coach

Postby Slevin » Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:52 pm

law98gator wrote:

Whatever you say, Rog.

He'll have* my phone has the worst auto correct ever
soflagator wrote:

Slevin

Postby #1GATOR FAN » Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:03 pm

We have been god awful at recruiting any position that has to catch the ball the past few years
#1GATOR FAN
Heisman Gator

Postby law98gator » Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:16 pm

Slevin wrote:
law98gator wrote:

Whatever you say, Rog.

He'll have* my phone has the worst auto correct ever

:lol: :lol: :lol: That's what I suspected. I knew you really weren't Rog because you didn't hit the "enter" button at the end of the screen like you were typing on a typewriter from the 60s.
law98gator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby mtn2top » Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:25 pm

Why not? So far the offense has needed more help than the defense since he's been at UF. It's something he's done in high school with great success. If Purifoy can go both ways, why not Ro Po?

You have to think outside of the box sometimes to affect meaningful change.
Hi-Altitude Gators

mtn2top
Head Ball Coach

Postby Ancient Reptile » Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:29 pm

Which of you negative nellies have actually seen video of the catch Ro Po made in the all star game? Speak up, inquiring minds want to know.
Ancient Reptile
Heisman Gator

Next

Return to Gatorsports Forum