Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], lgator, MSNbot Media, muddycorey and 27 guests

Athlons ranks SEC Head Coaches

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Moderator, Site Administrators

Athlons ranks SEC Head Coaches

Postby 8802gator » Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:40 pm

Satan and Spurrier are 1 and 2. Richt is 3rd. Muschamp is 10th. I am a little biased but i think he deserved to be hgher with the way he turned the team around and has recruited so well.
http://www.athlonsports.com/college-football/ranking-secs-college-football-coaches-2013
"I want to thank God for makin' me a Gator" - Chandler Parsons
8802gator
Heisman Gator

Re: Athlons ranks SEC Head Coaches

Postby GatorJB » Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:48 pm

Mullen is the 6th best coach in the league? Did they even watch Miss St games this year?
GatorJB
Heisman Gator

Postby 8802gator » Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:53 pm

GatorJB wrote:Mullen is the 6th best coach in the league? Did they even watch Miss St games this year?

Yeah. Mullen on top of Les Miles is a bit of a stretch to say the least.
8802gator
Heisman Gator

Postby 8802gator » Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:57 pm

I also think Bielema is ranked too high. he had a good record at Wisconsin, but his teams were always underachieving.
8802gator
Heisman Gator

Postby Okeechobee Joe » Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:16 pm

Muschamp deserves a higher ranking.

I clicked on the ACC coaches link and Al Golden was ranked second. Is the ACC really that bad? Jimbo was batting 4th.
Okeechobee Joe
Heisman Gator

Postby cover2 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:16 pm

8802gator wrote:
GatorJB wrote:Mullen is the 6th best coach in the league? Did they even watch Miss St games this year?

Yeah. Mullen on top of Les Miles is a bit of a stretch to say the least.

Gotta be the "Swag."
"I aim to kill you in one minute, Ned, or see you hang in Ft. Smith at Judge Parker's convenience! Which'll it be?"
cover2
Heisman Gator

Postby WobbleGator » Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:23 pm

Horrible list.
WobbleGator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby WhoGator » Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:47 pm

WobbleGator wrote:Horrible list.

+1
Not to be a homer, but Hugh Freeze had a good recruiting class last month or he'd be bottom 3... James Franklin runs a GREAT intramural program... Sumlin is the flavor of the month... Mullen???? nice guy, decent coach, hopes to be over .500 in the SEC one day... Bielema "is a good fit at Arkansas" which by definition means he's a medocre coach... and all ranked ahead of Muschamp.
Champ should be top 5-6 easy
:chomp:
WhoGator
True Gator

Postby GR8R_G8R » Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:59 pm

You can already tell there is a problem if they ranked Richt third.
GR8R_G8R
Freshman Gator

Postby WobbleGator » Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:00 pm

WhoGator wrote:

+1
Not to be a homer, but Hugh Freeze had a good recruiting class last month or he'd be bottom 3... James Franklin runs a GREAT intramural program... Sumlin is the flavor of the month... Mullen???? nice guy, decent coach, hopes to be over .500 in the SEC one day... Bielema "is a good fit at Arkansas" which by definition means he's a medocre coach... and all ranked ahead of Muschamp.

Miles, Saban, and Spurrier are for sure about Muschamp. Richt maybe, but only because he has head coached for longer.
WobbleGator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby I Have No Friends :( » Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:06 pm

WobbleGator wrote:
WhoGator wrote:

+1

Miles, Saban, and Spurrier are for sure about Muschamp. [n]Richt maybe, but only because he has head coached for longer.[/b]

Or maybe because he's 2-0 vs. Muschamp :angry:
gatorpe wrote:Urb is a low life lying lover jilting big ten dBAG.

I Have No Friends :(
Bull Gator

Postby WobbleGator » Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:25 pm

I Have No Friends :( wrote:
WobbleGator wrote:
WhoGator wrote:

+1

Miles, Saban, and Spurrier are for sure about Muschamp. Richt maybe, but only because he has head coached for longer.

Richt would have lost 6 games if he had Driskel as his QB. :fishing:
WobbleGator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby birdawg » Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:08 pm

WobbleGator wrote:
I Have No Friends :( wrote:
WobbleGator wrote:
WhoGator wrote:

+1

Richt would have lost 6 games if he had Driskel as his QB. :fishing:

Or Driskel might be a better QB now......
birdawg
Senior Gator

Postby Alagator » Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:24 pm

WobbleGator wrote:
WhoGator wrote:

+1

I assume you meant above Muschamp. That being said, I do take some solace in knowing that last season he coached against two of the three listed "above" him..... and he beat'em both.
:chomp:
Kcgator wrote:
...bite him in his tightly puckered anus.

Soflagator wrote:
"We should really try not sucking for 30+ minutes of each game."
Alagator
Heisman Gator

Postby NavetG8r » Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:31 pm

That ranking is absurd! I understand Muschamp hasn't been an SEC head coach all that long. I very well get Satan 1 and Spurdog 2, maybe Richt at 3, he's kicked our butts 2 years in a row now and been around a while. Going 11-2 last year was nearly a miracle. Champ deserves much higher than what Athlon gives him credit for imo. He shouldn't be lower than 5. There's noone else that's done more in as short a time besides Satan. Spurdog gets credit for doing what he has at South Carolina because they've never been more than mediocre at best. The rest? They got nuthin on Champ!
DCflorida wrote:"Oh that's right, I had totally forgotten that we were 4-8 and Muschamp sucks. Thanks for the reminder, I will go back to being miserable and angry now."
NavetG8r
Heisman Gator

Postby mrgator » Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:58 pm

10th? Really? They want me to take that list seriously when they have Hamilton and Freeze ahead of Muschamp? It's one thing to put Richt, Saban, Spurrier and Miles but 10th? I've seen enough from Athlon.
mrgator
Heisman Gator

Postby Gator Fever » Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:35 pm

Muschamp imo is 3rd right now behind Saban and Spurrier but he will have to prove it the next few years.
" But understand we are not changing who we are philosophically on offense" - Coach Will Muschamp...
Gator Fever
Bull Gator

Postby law98gator » Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:38 pm

I suspect the issue is that-- as everyone knew already-- Muschamp is an elite defensive coordinator who has yet to figure out how to do the rest of the job.
ufgator812. wrote:Fvck them all. Fvck Richt, Herschel, Will Muschamp, Larry Munson, Deborah Norville, Lindsey Scott (fvck him twice), Vince Dooley (and all of his family, friends and neighbors), R.E.M and the B-52's... Yes, Fvck them all.
law98gator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby Gator Fever » Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:46 pm

law98gator wrote:I suspect the issue is that-- as everyone knew already-- Muschamp is an elite defensive coordinator who has yet to figure out how to do the rest of the job.

I think Pease knows how to run a good offense and once the pieces are in place we will be much better there. I think the O line will be pretty good this year and hopefully one of those young receivers turn out to be pretty good.
" But understand we are not changing who we are philosophically on offense" - Coach Will Muschamp...
Gator Fever
Bull Gator

Postby TommyGator » Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:21 pm

This is the most **** list of meaningless crapola in the history of BS lists of meaning less crapola.
"The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools" Herbert Spenser
TommyGator
Heisman Gator

Next

Return to Gatorsports Forum