Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ReelGatorDoc and 42 guests

Uh-Oh! Not Fowler too!

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Moderator, Site Administrators

Uh-Oh! Not Fowler too!

Postby GatorTAG » Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:11 pm

Per the front page article on Dante Fowler

“I really wasn't able to play fast. Then towards the South Carolina game, I started to go in and watch a lot of film trying to get better. Studying more and that's when I was able to play fast,

He waits until 7 games into the season to decide he might need to study film more? Are you freaking joking. Call it for what it is...poor linebacking and preparation by DF. That doesn't piss you off? We had a chance at a national championship last year and that punk wasted it by not giving 100%. You don't think that is a negative?????? ;)
Swamp Queen wrote:I miss basketball just so you negative tards couldn't complain as much.
GatorTAG
Head Ball Coach

Re: Uh-Oh! Not Fowler too!

Postby WobbleGator » Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:17 pm

:popcorn2:
WobbleGator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby unofficialgator » Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:18 pm

I know this is shock value but a terrible attempt at it and there is a HUGE difference between a TRUE Freshman and a sophomore QB at the most important leadership position on the team.

If anything it took him 7 games but it took our soon to be JR Qb 2 full seasons?

cmon bro.

WEAK
unofficialgator
Heisman Gator

Postby GatorTAG » Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:24 pm

unofficialgator wrote:I know this is shock value but a terrible attempt at it and there is a HUGE difference between a TRUE Freshman and a sophomore QB at the most important leadership position on the team.

If anything it took him 7 games but it took our soon to be JR Qb 2 full seasons?

cmon bro.

WEAK

Dante Fowler has played in as many games as JD. And I'd submit to you that it's just a little bit harder to learn the QB position than a LB position.
Swamp Queen wrote:I miss basketball just so you negative tards couldn't complain as much.
GatorTAG
Head Ball Coach

Postby oxrageous » Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:27 pm

oxrageous

Postby divits888 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:39 pm

I’m aghast! First our QB alludes to having a life outside of football and now this from another 18 year old college kid? As some of the posters here have stated, this is simply not acceptable! As fans we have the right to ask...nay...we have the right to demand that these guys immerse themselves 24/7/365 in football so that they can satisfy our need to live vicariosly through them.

Muschamp had better get a handle on this laziness and make these guy's understand that until they leave school, we own them. :happyevil:

Here’s some items of motivation Muchamp might want to consider...

divits888
Bull Gator

Postby #1GATOR FAN » Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:40 pm

I would bet money that every team in the nation has kids that are starting or on the bench that don't give a 110% an do the extra stuff.

It only gets amplified because they actually admitted it. Besides we were still undefeated then an then blew it against UGA.
#1GATOR FAN
Heisman Gator

Postby 8802gator » Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:42 pm

Whether or not people are willing to admit it, none of these kids studied film in hs. they rely on athletic ability almost exclusivly. He should probably be praised for it only taking 7 games to figure it out when a lot of kids never figure it out.
"I want to thank God for makin' me a Gator" - Chandler Parsons
8802gator
Heisman Gator

Postby WobbleGator » Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:43 pm

divits888 wrote:I’m aghast! First our QB alludes to having a life outside of football and now this from another 18 year old college kid? As some of the posters here have stated, this is simply not acceptable! As fans we have the right to ask...nay...we have the right to demand that these guys immerse themselves 24/7/365 in football so that they can satisfy our need to live vicariosly through them.

Muschamp had better get a handle on this laziness and make these guy's understand that until they leave school, we own them. :happyevil:

Here’s some items of motivation Muchamp might want to consider...

Muschamp could always ask Mike Rice for tips on how to motivate.
WobbleGator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby jand3k » Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:53 pm

GatorTAG wrote:Per the front page article on Dante Fowler

“I really wasn't able to play fast. Then towards the South Carolina game, I started to go in and watch a lot of film trying to get better. Studying more and that's when I was able to play fast,

He waits until 7 games into the season to decide he might need to study film more? Are you freaking joking. Call it for what it is...poor linebacking and preparation by DF. That doesn't piss you off? We had a chance at a national championship last year and that punk wasted it by not giving 100%. You don't think that is a negative?????? ;)

Calm down Tag, this is not a negative story and you don't need to make it one. It is a GOOD story and we're all glad to have the kid on our team.

I think your expectations are WAY too high for a true freshman. If our team had talent then he wouldn't be able to break into the lineup.

And as for this situation vs a QB situation, you said that perhaps a QB's position is harder...Ok then the quaterback should study harder and perhaps should have done so sooner.

At any rate, both kids are on board and hope to contribute to UF's team success this year. It doesn't get much better than this and you need to relax and enjoy the show.
jand3k
Head Ball Coach

Postby mrgator » Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:05 pm

I know this thread was meant as a sarcastic knock on Driskel bashers but it allows me to talk about our dline without starting an entirely new thread. So here is my best attempt at high-jacking a thread.

Our dline is going to be even better next year than it was in 2013:

I was reading about Fowler and Bullard and it occurred to me that we are going to be even better at Dline next year than we were last year. I think Floyd was an animal but I think Orr/Jacobs/Easley will fill the middle nicely. But the ends....that is going to be an exciting place where good things are going to happen with Powell coming back and having Fowler and Bullard in their second year.

This line reminds me of the LSU, USCe and Bama lines of the past couple of years where the bookends are so great that it drives all of the plays inside where the tackles can eat everything up. And lest we forget, Damien Jacobs and Leon Orr were both four star kids and Easley was a five star stud. Should they live up to their potential then we could have a top 5 defensive line this year.
mrgator
Heisman Gator

Postby GatorTAG » Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:12 pm

jand3k wrote:

Calm down Tag, this is not a negative story and you don't need to make it one. It is a GOOD story and we're all glad to have the kid on our team.

I think your expectations are WAY too high for a true freshman. If our team had talent then he wouldn't be able to break into the lineup.

And as for this situation vs a QB situation, you said that perhaps a QB's position is harder...Ok then the quaterback should study harder and perhaps should have done so sooner.

At any rate, both kids are on board and hope to contribute to UF's team success this year. It doesn't get much better than this and you need to relax and enjoy the show.

:sunburn:

The comment I made was copied and pasted from Gouryella's post about Driskel, except I changed the names and positions. I'm just trying to prove how absurd that whole Driskel thread was. Driskel's admission he didn't work hard enough is no different than anyone realizing they could work harder at their job. Yes, even you jand3k. :lol:
GatorTAG
Head Ball Coach

Postby jjGator68 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:18 pm

Thank you mrgator for the positive note. As I recall, Clowney, the absolute beast, was less than hardworking as a freshman. I'm just glad for Dante's honesty. And how do you fault a guy that Muschamp says is hardworking and asks every day how he can get better? How many of us are striving to be the best that we can be right now much less when we were college freshmen.
jjGator68
Redshirt Gator

Postby jand3k » Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:18 pm

Sorry it took me so long to respond, I had to attend a meeting real quick.

So what were we talking about?
jand3k
Head Ball Coach

Postby unofficialgator » Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:26 pm

mrgator wrote:I know this thread was meant as a sarcastic knock on Driskel bashers but it allows me to talk about our dline without starting an entirely new thread. So here is my best attempt at high-jacking a thread.

Our dline is going to be even better next year than it was in 2013:

I was reading about Fowler and Bullard and it occurred to me that we are going to be even better at Dline next year than we were last year. I think Floyd was an animal but I think Orr/Jacobs/Easley will fill the middle nicely. But the ends....that is going to be an exciting place where good things are going to happen with Powell coming back and having Fowler and Bullard in their second year.

This line reminds me of the LSU, USCe and Bama lines of the past couple of years where the bookends are so great that it drives all of the plays inside where the tackles can eat everything up. And lest we forget, Damien Jacobs and Leon Orr were both four star kids and Easley was a five star stud. Should they live up to their potential then we could have a top 5 defensive line this year.

Truth. I'm excited
unofficialgator
Heisman Gator

Postby GatorBart » Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:30 pm

GatorTAG wrote:
jand3k wrote:

:sunburn:

The comment I made was copied and pasted from Gouryella's post about Driskel, except I changed the names and positions. I'm just trying to prove how absurd that whole Driskel thread was. Driskel's admission he didn't work hard enough is no different than anyone realizing they could work harder at their job. Yes, even you jand3k. :lol:

I thought it was pretty obvious that it was copied and pasted.
I think maybe some people missed the 'wink' at the end of your original (plagiarized) post. ;)
GatorBart
Head Ball Coach

Postby DCflorida » Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:31 pm

We were 7-0 when he wasn't studying film, we were 2-4 after he apparently started studying.

I wish he'd have kept his ass on the dorm couch.
DCflorida
Bull Gator

Postby law98gator » Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:31 pm

GatorTAG wrote:He waits until 7 games into the season to decide he might need to study film more? Are you freaking joking.

Yeah, I'm just glad he didn't wait until his third year.
ufgator812. wrote:Fvck them all. Fvck Richt, Herschel, Will Muschamp, Larry Munson, Deborah Norville, Lindsey Scott (fvck him twice), Vince Dooley (and all of his family, friends and neighbors), R.E.M and the B-52's... Yes, Fvck them all.
law98gator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby Gatormatic » Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:33 pm

Yeah the kid sure is a punk for not studying film. C'mon. He's learning as he goes. I think he played pretty dang well last year and could have a monster year. That's a positive, not a negative.
Go Gators!
Gatormatic
True Gator

Postby Jrcurtis » Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:33 pm

None of you know how much time these guys spent in the film room. Plus, there's many other things one concentrates on as a Freshman, like weight, strength technique, adjusting to life away from home, classes, etc.. Some people just want to find something to complain about, in an attempt to make themselves look like they know something; when, in reality, they make fools of themselves.
Jrcurtis
True Gator

Next

Return to Gatorsports Forum