Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Double Gator Dad, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Homer J, MSNbot Media, NCOGator, Yahoo [Bot] and 80 guests

Lady Gators BB

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Site Administrators, Moderator

Lady Gators BB

Postby Vatgator » Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:36 am

Now we lose to Drexel -drexel is that a school? Another disappointing season.

Great tennis, lacrosse, golf, track teams but for some reason we can never seem to get it together in BB. I wonder if Foley makes any changes.
Vatgator
True Gator

Re: Lady Gators BB

Postby oxrageous » Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:41 am

Vatgator wrote:Now we lose to Drexel -drexel is that a school? Another disappointing season.

No biggie. No one was watching anyway.
oxrageous

Postby WobbleGator » Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:45 am

oxrageous wrote:
Vatgator wrote:Now we lose to Drexel -drexel is that a school? Another disappointing season.

No biggie. No one was watching anyway.

+1
WobbleGator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby gatorspook » Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:15 am

Amanda Butler is solid gold. Remember, Foley fired a lady Gators head women's bball coach for having an affair with his wife. We've had some of the biggest names in women's basketball fail in that job, Carolyn Peck for one.

She will have next year for sure and if she makes improvement, another. If she's given time, she will build a winner here. Foley is smart...he knows that.

I'm not a big follower but my friend in a boot in Jacksonville is and says they should be pretty decent next year.
gatorspook

Postby Zambo » Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:41 am

gatorspook wrote:I'm not a big follower but my friend in a boot in Jacksonville is and says they should be pretty decent next year.

Lets not pile on the hype here.
GET A GRIP!
Zambo
Bull Gator

Postby gatorspook » Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:18 pm

Zambo wrote:
gatorspook wrote:I'm not a big follower but my friend in a boot in Jacksonville is and says they should be pretty decent next year.

Lets not pile on the hype here.

Yes gouyella/alvin/nova gators et al.

Oh wait, damnation with faint praise? hahaha Our wbb has such a pathetic past anything near decent is pretty good.
gatorspook

Postby WhoGator » Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:19 pm

Prior to watching Kasey Hill and Chris Walker on ESPN last night, I watched a few minutes of the future of WBB with Ronni Williams being the first Gator recruit to ever play in the girls' McDonald's game (guys had the big network at 9:30, girls had ESPNU at 7). She is #13 overall and the #2 wing player. They have a top 10 recruit signed for 2014 as well.

You can't go wrong bringing in a studette recruit with the same name as the all-time leading scorer for the men's team.

They're on their way up after the debacle Carolyn Peck left. Yes, they lost to Drexel in the NIT, but it was the national semifinals, they were on the road (no MSG for the women's final four) and they had won 4 straight on the road to get that far. Women's NIT is 64 teams, men's 32.
:chomp:
WhoGator
True Gator

Postby divits888 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:41 pm

gatorspook wrote:Amanda Butler is solid gold. Remember, Foley fired a lady Gators head women's bball coach for having an affair with his wife. We've had some of the biggest names in women's basketball fail in that job, Carolyn Peck for one.

She will have next year for sure and if she makes improvement, another. If she's given time, she will build a winner here. Foley is smart...he knows that.

I'm not a big follower but my friend in a boot in Jacksonville is and says they should be pretty decent next year.

What???
divits888
Bull Gator

Postby gatorspook » Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:23 pm

divits888 wrote:
gatorspook wrote:Amanda Butler is solid gold. Remember, Foley fired a lady Gators head women's bball coach for having an affair with his wife. We've had some of the biggest names in women's basketball fail in that job, Carolyn Peck for one.

What???

Yep...big deal actually. It was obviously buried by the athletic dept. I mean why would an ultra successful coach leave to take a post at a minor sec school? It's a weird story but it's true. Without revealing how I know this, just consider the timing of the resignation of out only successful womens bb coach and the timing of Foley's divorce. And while I can't give up my source, I believe him to be impeachable.

Actually, I thought this was common knowledge.
gatorspook

Postby NoGaGator » Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:09 pm

gatorspook wrote:
divits888 wrote:

What???

Yep...big deal actually. It was obviously buried by the athletic dept. I mean why would an ultra successful coach leave to take a post at a minor sec school? It's a weird story but it's true. Without revealing how I know this, just consider the timing of the resignation of out only successful womens bb coach and the timing of Foley's divorce. And while I can't give up my source, I believe him to be impeachable.

Hmm...was your source Matt? Was he in there trying to play sammich?
NoGaGator
All-American Gator

Postby divits888 » Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:12 pm

gatorspook wrote:
divits888 wrote:

What???

I’m kinda doubting this story. It smells a little fishy to me (pun intended). Need more deets.
divits888
Bull Gator

Postby gatorspook » Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:25 pm

divits888 wrote:
I’m kinda doubting this story. It smells a little fishy to me (pun intended). Need more deets.

Well it was a widely known story...find a womans HS BB coach who was around then.
gatorspook

Postby Soapasaurus » Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:26 pm

gatorspook wrote:
divits888 wrote:

What???

Then we should bring impeachment proceedings against him immediately.
Soapasaurus
Senior Gator

Postby oxrageous » Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:38 pm

gatorspook wrote:Well it was a widely known story...

Such a widely known story that not a single other member on the board has heard of it.
oxrageous

Postby Swamp Queen » Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:54 pm

Who was the coach?
lizard84 wrote:maybe swamp queen and sas deserve each other.

DCflorida wrote:"Oh that's right, I had totally forgotten that we were 4-8 and Muschamp sucks. Thanks for the reminder, I will go back to being miserable and angry now."
Swamp Queen
Bull Gator

Postby itsgr82baflagator » Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:08 pm

oxrageous wrote:
gatorspook wrote:Well it was a widely known story...

Such a widely known story that not a single other member on the board has heard of it.

I have....

not.
itsgr82baflagator
Head Ball Coach

Postby divits888 » Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:34 pm

Swamp Queen wrote:Who was the coach?

It was Carol Ross....or is it Ross Carol? Kinda’ hard to tell.

And here’s what Foley had to say at the time...

“To say I was shocked about Carol’s decision is an understate- ment,” Florida Athletics Director Jeremy Foley said. “I met with her this morning to discuss her contract extension so I was blind-sided about the result of our meeting. Carol has done an unbelievable job developing the Lady Gator Basketball team into one of the finest in the country. We are so proud of the recognition and the class that she instilled into this program. On behalf of the University of Florida I want to thank Carol for everything she has done for this program and the way she and her players have represented the Gator athletic family. We will truly miss her.”
divits888
Bull Gator

Postby oxrageous » Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:46 pm

Ewwwww.....

I think Spooky may have been hitting the sauce pretty hard, at least when it comes to this theory.
oxrageous

Postby gatorspook » Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:11 am

oxrageous wrote:Ewwwww.....

I think Spooky may have been hitting the sauce pretty hard, at least when it comes to this theory.

Not a theory. I have a family member who was close to the situation. Very close. Honestly I would have never brought it up if I had know it was such a secret.

But I promise...I'm not one who has any history of making wild speculative statements...it is true.
gatorspook

Postby divits888 » Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:32 am

gatorspook wrote:
oxrageous wrote:Ewwwww.....

Not a theory. I have a family member who was close to the situation. Very close. Honestly I would have never brought it up if I had know it was such a secret.

But I promise...I'm not one who has any history of making wild speculative statements...it is true.

Ohhhhhh no. You’re not getting out of it that easily. Now you’ve got me interested. You need to spill all the salacious details.
divits888
Bull Gator

Next

Return to Gatorsports Forum