Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BNAG8R, Gatorbythebay, Google [Bot], itsgr82baflagator, Leroy Jenkins, MSNbot Media, Trung, UFever and 66 guests

Demarcus Walker not cleared

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Site Administrators, Moderator

Demarcus Walker not cleared

Postby Ancient Reptile » Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:21 pm

Perhaps nobody cares since he is now a Seminole, but, even though he is enrolled and taking classes, apparently Walker is not practicing with the team b/c he has not been cleared by the NCAA.
This interests me b/c Walker was the one recruit that I wanted and we didn't get. Got to wonder now if academics were an issue with CWM.
Ancient Reptile
Heisman Gator

Re: Demarcus Walker not cleared

Postby itsgr82bag8r » Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:27 pm

I would say that's a pretty legit assumption.
Travis McGee wrote:The SEC is on its most dominate stretch its history, and Tennessee has played no part.

"its great to be a Tennessee fan" ..said no one ever
itsgr82bag8r
Bull Gator

Postby FunnGun » Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:45 pm

He's said that another school ratted him out to the NCAA for taking bogus on-line courses to qualify. He disputes that they were bogus but that will be up to the NCAA and he can't step foot on a field until they do.
FunnGun
Gatorsports Legend

Postby rogdochar » Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:48 am

Awww and he got A-pluses too.
rogdochar
Gatorsports Legend

Postby GatorTAG » Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:43 am

FunnGun wrote:He's said that another school ratted him out to the NCAA for taking bogus on-line courses to qualify. He disputes that they were bogus but that will be up to the NCAA and he can't step foot on a field until they do.

I didn't realize FSU was offering their bogus online courses to high school students now.
Swamp Queen wrote:I miss basketball just so you negative tards couldn't complain as much.
GatorTAG
Head Ball Coach

Postby -THE DUDE- » Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:29 am

Ancient Reptile wrote:Perhaps nobody cares since he is now a Seminole, but, even though he is enrolled and taking classes, apparently Walker is not practicing with the team b/c he has not been cleared by the NCAA.
This interests me b/c Walker was the one recruit that I wanted and we didn't get. Got to wonder now if academics were an issue with CWM.

not at all...UF wanted and recruited him as hard as anyone possibly could. It was well known...well i guess rumored :lol: that if he was going to switch from bama it would be to UF. Then the former bama bag man and now current fsu bag man Pruitt got him to switch there.
-THE DUDE-
Head Ball Coach

Postby WobbleGator » Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:31 am

Walker is an idiot. You can tell because he chose Bama than chose FSU.
WobbleGator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby Ancient Reptile » Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:43 pm

-THE DUDE- wrote:
Ancient Reptile wrote:Perhaps nobody cares since he is now a Seminole, but, even though he is enrolled and taking classes, apparently Walker is not practicing with the team b/c he has not been cleared by the NCAA.

not at all...UF wanted and recruited him as hard as anyone possibly could. It was well known...well i guess rumored :lol: that if he was going to switch from bama it would be to UF. Then the former bama bag man and now current fsu bag man Pruitt got him to switch there.

I guess, but we lost last year a DT when the NCAA accepted his courses and UF did not. If the course was scrutinized by the NCAA, might it not have been totally rejected by UF?
Ancient Reptile
Heisman Gator

Postby Double Gator Dad » Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:46 pm

FSU will find a way to get him on the field. Who cares about academics in Tally?
Double Gator Dad
All-American Gator

Postby gatorade7 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:00 pm

the real question is the link between the online course and the new FSU DC (former Bama coach).
gatorade7
Senior Gator

Postby rogdochar » Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:06 pm

Double Gator Dad wrote:FSU will find a way to get him on the field. Who cares about academics in Tally?

Heard he was offered a tenured professorship to come there.
rogdochar
Gatorsports Legend

Postby Ancient Reptile » Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:03 pm

rogdochar wrote:
Double Gator Dad wrote:FSU will find a way to get him on the field. Who cares about academics in Tally?

Heard he was offered a tenured professorship to come there.

Yeah, the faculty insisted he not be made Dean until he had been there a semester.
Ancient Reptile
Heisman Gator

Return to Gatorsports Forum