Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Hoosier Gator, MSNbot Media and 41 guests

Mess Brewing at FSU

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Moderator, Site Administrators

Mess Brewing at FSU

Postby NCG8r » Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:01 pm

With news trickling in that FSU will possibly be starting a walk-on at right tackle (more on this in a second) and that Clint Trickett, whose role on this team I’ve discussed in multiple articles, is being listed as the No. 1 quarterback on the depth chart, things are already starting to heat up in Tallahassee.

On Tuesday, more fuel was added to the proverbial fire, when it was announced that Rick Trickett was given a three-year contract extension. Rick Trickett, whose failures and shortcomings at FSU seem to know no boundaries, was actually given a contract extension. Even after recently reeling in an offensive line recruiting class that started off as promising but, as usual, imploded and turned into another class of 2- and 3-star players who were not wanted by anyone else—Ira Denson being the lone exception.

Something to read in your spare time.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1583269-does-rick-tricketts-contract-extension-intensify-the-mess-brewing-at-fsu
NCG8r
Heisman Gator

Re: Mess Brewing at FSU

Postby Dugaboy » Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:24 pm

These dunderheads at Tallahassee don't see that "nepotism" comes back to bit you in the keister every time...remember Jeff Bowden?
Dugaboy
Heisman Gator

Postby Swamp82 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:25 pm

Good news as always coming out of Tally, thanks
If you would like to keep your coach you can
Swamp82
Head Ball Coach

Re: FSU A Mess

Postby jand3k » Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:50 pm

Yes, yes they are.
jand3k
Head Ball Coach

Postby BoomTown » Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:45 pm

Dugaboy wrote:These dunderheads at Tallahassee don't see that "nepotism" comes back to bit you in the keister every time...remember Jeff Bowden?

The Jeff experiment was wonderful. They should do many more like that. More. More I tell you.
BoomTown
Heisman Gator

Postby TN G8tr » Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:47 pm

Wait a minute, F$U is back? NOT!!!!! Nothing but the best from the Clowns.
"Wake her *** up, we got a game to play."
TN G8tr
Bull Gator

Postby rogdochar » Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:33 pm

Maybe they are working to become a basketball school ? I mean how
could we tell.? :happyevil:
rogdochar
Gatorsports Legend

Postby kcgator » Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:01 pm

Who? Cares?
kcgator
Head Ball Coach

Postby lagator » Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:18 pm

rogdochar wrote:Maybe they are working to become a basketball school ? I mean how

Laugh now, but I hear they have some tricks up their sleeves for next year. Rumor has it they are recruiting athletes from one of their most prestigious programs:

lagator
Heisman Gator

Postby jand3k » Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:21 pm

lagator wrote:
rogdochar wrote:Maybe they are working to become a basketball school ? I mean how

Laugh now, but I hear they have some tricks up their sleeves for next year. Rumor has it they are recruiting athletes from one of their most prestigious programs:

Stuff like that ^ JUST CAN'T BE MADE UP... :eek:
jand3k
Head Ball Coach

Postby BoomTown » Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:48 pm

jand3k wrote:
lagator wrote:

Stuff like that ^ JUST CAN'T BE MADE UP... :eek:

WOW! HOLY F'N WOW! I really want to know what the first part of the sign on the wall says. Maybe, "Riding Your Ass Wins Championships!"
BoomTown
Heisman Gator

Postby mtn2top » Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:06 pm

This is not news. A mess is always brewing at FSU. Sometimes it boils over and catches fire.
Hi-Altitude Gators

mtn2top
Head Ball Coach

Postby Ringer » Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:51 pm

off-season rumor mill at work.

FSU is loaded and will easily win 5 or 6 games next season.

"Because in 2007, we learned that at their best, Florida is better than Ohio State. Yesterday we learned that at their worst, Florida is still better than Ohio State."
Ringer
Head Ball Coach

Postby TN G8tr » Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:33 am

Ringer wrote:off-season rumor mill at work.

FSU is loaded and will easily win 5 or 6 games next season.

:D Precisely!
"Wake her *** up, we got a game to play."
TN G8tr
Bull Gator

Postby 8802gator » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:02 am

I was just reading where FSU fans are excited because Trickett is up to 180lbs now. :lol:
"I want to thank God for makin' me a Gator" - Chandler Parsons
8802gator
Heisman Gator

Postby WobbleGator » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:16 am

8802gator wrote:I was just reading where FSU fans are excited because Trickett is up to 180lbs now. :lol:

He might be skinnier than Bray :lol:
WobbleGator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby rogdochar » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:17 am

BoomTown wrote:Image
WOW! HOLY F'N WOW! I really want to know what the first part of the sign on the wall says. Maybe, "Riding Your Ass Wins Championships!"

I've actually seen that whole sign. =
It says : "Just Being In The ACC Wins Championships"
rogdochar
Gatorsports Legend

Postby BSJGator » Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:27 pm

NCG8r wrote:
With news trickling in that FSU will possibly be starting a walk-on at right tackle (more on this in a second) and that Clint Trickett, whose role on this team I’ve discussed in multiple articles, is being listed as the No. 1 quarterback on the depth chart, things are already starting to heat up in Tallahassee.

On Tuesday, more fuel was added to the proverbial fire, when it was announced that Rick Trickett was given a three-year contract extension. Rick Trickett, whose failures and shortcomings at FSU seem to know no boundaries, was actually given a contract extension. Even after recently reeling in an offensive line recruiting class that started off as promising but, as usual, imploded and turned into another class of 2- and 3-star players who were not wanted by anyone else—Ira Denson being the lone exception.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1583269-does-rick-tricketts-contract-extension-intensify-the-mess-brewing-at-fsu

Actually, they're using Clint Trickett as the place holder for Jamesis Winston who is, at the moment, playing baseball. Winston is from Alabama and would've wound up elsewhere (can't recall I'd it was Bammer or Awbuuuuurn that offered him) but mainly came to halfassu because it was the only school that would let him play both sports....
BSJGator
Heisman Gator

Postby Ancient Reptile » Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:36 pm

NCG8r wrote:

Hard not to enjoy this, even if it is only bleacher report. But I was never clear on Ira Denson--did the Gators want Denson or not? I have posted before that his play in his HS's team loss was peculiar--good in spots but with several bad plays. Does anyone know? Did we want Denson?

Ancient Reptile
Heisman Gator

Re: FSU A Mess

Postby itsgr82bag8r » Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:52 pm

jand3k wrote:Yes, yes they are.

What you did, I seez it. :cool:
Travis McGee wrote:The SEC is on its most dominate stretch its history, and Tennessee has played no part.

"its great to be a Tennessee fan" ..said no one ever
itsgr82bag8r
Bull Gator

Next

Return to Gatorsports Forum