Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BNAG8R, gator2001, Gatorbythebay, Leroy Jenkins, MSNbot Media, Trung and 60 guests

Johnny Manziel shoves assistant, supports Marshall Henderson

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Site Administrators, Moderator

Johnny Manziel shoves assistant, supports Marshall Henderson

Postby oxrageous » Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:55 am

I love the double standards when it comes to the media. When they love a player, he can do no wrong....and vice versa. For example, when Jeff George would lay into a WR, he was a jerk. When Dan Marino would do it, he was "fiery" and "competitive".

When Johnny Manziel threw his third interception in a scrimmage, he shoved a grad assistant who was evidently celebrating with the defense, causing a scrum. According to this article, the incident "left no doubt Manziel's competitive fire burns even during spring drills."

:lol: :lol: :lol:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/gameon/20 ... =obnetwork

Then it ends with this ridiculous gem:
An under-recognized aspect of this story: A&M's defense picked off Manziel three times? That's a very good sign for the Aggies.

In other words, there's no possible way Manziel could play poorly - it must have been all the defense. Please.

On another note, Manziel tweeted his support for Marshall Henderson:
Keep hoopin and don't listen all the BS. Keep the green light green!

http://www.usatoday.com/story/gameon/20 ... r/2013607/

I think there's a tremendous amount of pressure on Manziel that is going to effect him this season. I think we're going to be reading a lot of articles titled "What's wrong with Johnny Manziel?"

Discuss.
oxrageous

Re: Johnny Manziel shoves assistant, supports Marshall Henderson

Postby WobbleGator » Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:56 am

Manziel is very talented, he better keep his head on straight though.
WobbleGator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby oxrageous » Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:57 am

We can always count on Wobble to respond first to every thread.
oxrageous

Postby WobbleGator » Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:02 am

oxrageous wrote:We can always count on Wobble to respond first to every thread.

:cool:
WobbleGator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby WobbleGator » Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:04 am

I always thought that Manziel was not a doosh, but you do have a great point that people look at the same person and interpret their actions differently based on how much they like the person.
WobbleGator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby MatthewM. » Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:21 am

I anticipate an awful season from him and AtM. The rest of his team will be to blame in the media.
PigsEyeGator wrote:Right now I am so f'ing low that I would do MatthewM.
MatthewM.
Bull Gator

Postby williston_gator » Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:58 am

This is probably a big reason that freshman (even redshirt) never win the Heisman. He's simply not mature enough to handle it. But hey, he's "cool" and people like cool. I bet people would like Timmah better if he were a party guy.
williston_gator
Heisman Gator

Postby WobbleGator » Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:59 am

MatthewM. wrote:I anticipate an awful season from him and AtM. The rest of his team will be to blame in the media.

Are we still talking about Manziel or we talking about Driskel?

[/law]
WobbleGator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby Swamp82 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:00 am

WobbleGator wrote:I always thought that Manziel was not a doosh, but you do have a great point that people look at the same person and interpret their actions differently based on how much they like the person.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
If you would like to keep your coach you can
Swamp82
Head Ball Coach

Postby SavannahGator » Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:08 am

williston_gator wrote:This is probably a big reason that freshman (even redshirt) never win the Heisman. He's simply not mature enough to handle it. But hey, he's "cool" and people like cool. I bet people would like Timmah better if he were a party guy.

Well, Nick Saban is a pretty cool character (not the same usage of the word). But you can circle Sept 14th, the day of the Tide's second game of the season, when he takes his boys to College Station to teach Johnny Football about the "fool me once . . ." adage. Because Nick ain't gonna be fooled again.
"A life is not important - except in the impact it has on other lives" . . . Jackie Robinson
SavannahGator
Head Ball Coach

Postby Slevin » Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:16 am

If Bama shellacks A&M in the second week, I can see Manziel's entire season tail spin out of control.
soflagator wrote:
law98gator wrote:Im not sure what the deal is with Nickelback.

You already admitted in another thread you were related to the lead singer of Nickelback. :lol:
Slevin

Postby law98gator » Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:31 am

I'm not sure I understand. We hate him because Driskell sucked and Manziel didn't? We hate hilm because he beat Bama? We hate him because he looks weird? Because he wore a Scooby costume?

Why do we hate him again?
ufgator812. wrote:Fvck Richt, Herschel, Will Muschamp, Larry Munson, Lindsey Scott (fvck him twice), Vince Dooley ... Yes, Fvck them all.

divits888 wrote:
Bammer wrote:Isn't government intrusion your flavor du jour, divits?
Isn’t every flavor ever known to man your flavor du jour?
law98gator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby Ancient Reptile » Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:35 am

law98gator wrote:I'm not sure I understand. We hate him because Driskell sucked and Manziel didn't? We hate hilm because he beat Bama? We hate him because he looks weird? Because he wore a Scooby costume?

He reminds us of Henderson.
Ancient Reptile
Heisman Gator

Postby ATXGator » Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:42 am

I think A&M and Manziel are going to have a down year also. They don't have a tough schedule, so that helps them, but he loses some key offensive linemen and that makes a huge difference in the SEC.

I don't think people have realized how good A&M offensive line was last year.
"You'll always miss 100% of the shots you don't take!"

ATXGator
Heisman Gator

Postby oxrageous » Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:52 am

law98gator wrote:I'm not sure I understand. We hate him because Driskell sucked and Manziel didn't? We hate hilm because he beat Bama? We hate him because he looks weird? Because he wore a Scooby costume?

Who said anybody hated him?
oxrageous

Postby CivilGator » Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:01 am

Who is less likely to finish their college career at their respective school, Manziel or Marshall Henderson? At their current burn rates I think it is a toss up.
CivilGator
True Gator

Postby WobbleGator » Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:03 am

CivilGator wrote:Who is less likely to finish their college career at their respective school, Manziel or Marshall Henderson? At their current burn rates I think it is a toss up.

Henderson has been to 4 schools. I believe this is Manziel's 3rd school.
WobbleGator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby Swamp Queen » Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:05 am

I don't hate him at all. He had a great season last year and was rewarded for it. The problem I'm having with him are his actions since. He doesn't seem to really understand he's a student athlete and seems to be letting the celebrity go to his head. I think he could have some serious struggles this season based on what's happened since January and with hearing this latest report. It will be interesting to watch.
lizard84 wrote:maybe swamp queen and sas deserve each other.

DCflorida wrote:"Oh that's right, I had totally forgotten that we were 4-8 and Muschamp sucks. Thanks for the reminder, I will go back to being miserable and angry now."
Swamp Queen
Bull Gator

Postby Gov C Tyree » Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:09 am

I noticed the artcle Ox linked was USA Today, who also wrote a softball man crush piece on Henderson last week. I posted "Henderson is a disrespectful punk" in the comments section of that USA Today piece, and the Ole Miss folks came out of the woodwork to defend their boy. None of them could argue my point. I would not put Manziel in the same punk category as Henderson now, but Johnny has a lot more people watching him now and trouble will find him if he's not careful.
Last edited by Gov C Tyree on Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gov C Tyree
Redshirt Gator

Postby scmike » Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:11 am

I am not a BAMA fan, but I agree with those who project that the TIDE will be fired up for A&M and Manzeil. I just want the GATORS to win, but it will be entertaining to see Saban beat A&M.
Go GATORS!
scmike
Senior Gator

Next

Return to Gatorsports Forum