Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 27 guests

We have a history with FGCU

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Moderator, Site Administrators

We have a history with FGCU

Postby gatorpe » Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:23 am

with FgcU.........In 2011 our women beat them in 2nd round of the NIT to end their 42 game home winning streak. Maybe those with that memory in the pep rally were chanting FtheGATORS........time to end another winning streak with them. Has anyone commented on the bird thing they do. Is that like an eagle walking around flapping its wings?
I also teach with a grad from FGCU. She is from Ft Meyers. I will pick her brain a little today. I think she went when it was still trailers and piles of dirt.
Joakim Noah:
Sometimes, it feels good to be the bad guy
gatorpe
Heisman Gator

Re: We have a history

Postby GatorOwls » Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:50 am

It looked to me like Billy D was doing the bird thing in the post game celebration (in the locker room) after the Minnesota victory!
GatorOwls
Baby Gator

Re: We have a history with FGCU

Postby triplegator » Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:22 am

gatorpe wrote:with FgcU.........In 2011 our women beat them in 2nd round of the NIT to end their 42 game home winning streak. Maybe those with that memory in the pep rally were chanting FtheGATORS........time to end another winning streak with them. Has anyone commented on the bird thing they do. Is that like an eagle walking around flapping its wings?
I also teach with a grad from FGCU. She is from Ft Meyers. I will pick her brain a little today. I think she went when it was still trailers and piles of dirt.

I was at that game. It was close until the last 5-6 minutes but UF had two really tall forwards who just took over on the boards. And, no, I was NOT at the pep rally yesterday. I am with students all day long so I usually get away when I get a chance.
triplegator
Baby Gator

Re: We have a history with FGCU

Postby BoomTown » Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:59 pm

triplegator wrote:
gatorpe wrote:with FgcU.........In 2011 our women beat them in 2nd round of the NIT to end their 42 game home winning streak. Maybe those with that memory in the pep rally were chanting FtheGATORS........time to end another winning streak with them. Has anyone commented on the bird thing they do. Is that like an eagle walking around flapping its wings?

I was at that game. It was close until the last 5-6 minutes but UF had two really tall forwards who just took over on the boards. And, no, I was NOT at the pep rally yesterday. I am with students all day long so I usually get away when I get a chance.

So what's with the flailing chicken dance anyway? That's got to be the worst cheer in history. It looks like something the other team would do to mock them. Even the Cocks have good enough sense to not actually act like a chicken when they cheer. It's embarassing. They might be a (mini) "rival" but they are still reping the state of Florida to the rest of the country. Trips, please help them find something better quick.
BoomTown
Heisman Gator

Return to Gatorsports Forum